Grand Class Mini-Suites

stutz

I have a mini suite on the Carib Prin. class AD Emerald Deck

On the deck plans it looks much smaller than the AB, AC class ( Dolphin deck)...Verandahs also look half the size.

According to Princess the cabin and Verandah are identical size,

Any info

Thanks

We have sailed in many mini suites on most of the ships in the Princess fleet. They are all pretty identical size wise. As Rob mentions, there are some with covered and uncovered balconies and a couple with extended balconies but as for the cabin itself, yep, all pretty much the same.

I had heard that on the Grand Class there were a couple of minis with shower only, but can't tell you which ones those are, sorry.

We have sailed in many mini suites on most of the ships in the Princess fleet. They are all pretty identical size wise. As Rob mentions, there are some with covered and uncovered balconies and a couple with extended balconies but as for the cabin itself, yep, all pretty much the same.

I had heard that on the Grand Class there were a couple of minis with shower only, but can't tell you which ones those are, sorry.

cat. AD only has a shower. to compare cabins, go to http://www.cruisestateroom.com;)

Just my $0.02

We had D406, it's an AA-mini on the Golden. It had a nice tub, big uncovered balcony. We were on the Aloha deck on the Grand, it had a smaller fully covered balcony. there's good and bad about both balconys. Once it rained, so we had our umbrellas out:p . Great for watching the stars at night, or all the other decks. Of course, they can see you too. No biggie.

Wow. That's the first I've heard of that. Are you certain? I'm in cabin E-723, and was looking forward to nightly bubble baths:confused:
That's not correct. The two minis on Dolphin that are furthest aft have a shower only, since these were originally intended to be handicap accessible cabins. They no longer have that designation, but have larger, roll-in showers. If memory serves, these two cabins are in the AC category.

My opinion: keep your AD. You have a fully covered balcony, the location is convenient to the back elevators (straight up to Horizon Court) and there is a laundromat handy. You have a tub, so enjoy the bubble bath!

Judy

I assume that was directed to me, Judy...

THANKS, honey-girl! I shall do so!:)

(I'm relieved to hear that I DO have a tub!)

39August

we are in E 729...the deck plans make this cain and especially the verandah look much smaller than those on Dolphin...???

Thanks

If that is so for a few $$ I should have gotten ac or ab but now sold out

Stutz, your minisuite is exactly the same as all the rest, including the size of the balcony. The deck plan on the Princess web site definitely gives the wrong impression, though. The deck plan for the Grand Princess shows the same thing, that the minisuites on Emerald are smaller. It's wrong. You should be very pleased with what you find when you board the ship.

We had E-729 on the Star last year..it is a great room, and contrary to your thoughts, the balcony is at least twice the size of all the others on E deck. You also have great aft views to boot! It has a tub with a shower and a decent sized bathroom, pleant of closet space too!! Have a ball...Patti

Archived