I'm going on a chartered cruise, can I find more info?

jbuckent

My DH just found out yesterday that he won an award where the prize is a cruise. We have no details yet other than the date, destination and based on the poster he recieved its a Carnival boat. I'd really like to know which boat we will be sailing on. Is there a fairly simple way to figure that out before he is given more details from work?

My DH just found out yesterday that he won an award where the prize is a cruise. We have no details yet other than the date, destination and based on the poster he recieved its a Carnival boat. I'd really like to know which boat we will be sailing on. Is there a fairly simple way to figure that out before he is given more details from work?

go to carnival's site and search the date and the ports...you should be able to narrow it down.

;)

I tried looking on Carnivals site for our dates April 24-27 to the Bahamas with stops at Half Moon Cay and Nassau but didn't find the cruise. At that point DH mentioned he thinks its a chartered cruise and everyone on the boat works for the same company. So I then tried searching for other 3 days with the same destinations and can't find one. We are not sure where it leaves from, he thinks a co-worker last year who won this award left out of Miami but isn't positive, and I suppose that doesn't mean it will be the same this year.

If it is a fully chartered ship, it should be easy to find with the date. A fully chartered ship will not show up on the normal cruise sites.

Example: Our chartered cruise, for 2/8/2009 doesn't show up on any websites for sale. Only the one before and after. Look for a blackout out date for your sailing date, and you should be able to determine which one...........

of course, this only works if the ship is fully chartered...........

JBuckent-

I too am on that chartered cruise!!!

I was afraid no one else from the company was on this site!

I am out of Des Moines, Iowa, how about you?

I am 99% sure that it is the Imagination out of Miami, that is the only ship in the eastern carribean that does not have any dates scheduled from the 24-27 in April.

I contacted the inbox for the trip, and they said that I should be getting the package information next week.

JBuckent-

I too am on that chartered cruise!!!

I was afraid no one else from the company was on this site!

I am out of Des Moines, Iowa, how about you?

I am 99% sure that it is the Imagination out of Miami, that is the only ship in the eastern carribean that does not have any dates scheduled from the 24-27 in April.

I contacted the inbox for the trip, and they said that I should be getting the package information next week.

To funny! We both joined because of this same trip! My DH works in Mpls.

Do you know anything at all about this? I only know what is in this post. I'm wondering how many people there will be, full ship? Is it truely only WF employees? I REALLY want to know if we will be getting an inside or outside cabin. LOL

To funny! We both joined because of this same trip! My DH works in Mpls.

Do you know anything at all about this? I only know what is in this post. I'm wondering how many people there will be, full ship? Is it truely only WF employees? I REALLY want to know if we will be getting an inside or outside cabin. LOL

Yup, as soon as I found out I was going, this was one of the first sites I found.

The Imagination holds about 2000 ppl, and it is a true charter only employees and their guests. That is what I am most anxious about is how they are going to assign the staterooms... Lottery? The information packet is supposed to go out to everyone next week sometime. That should include quite a bit more information.

Your DH will have to go to Rah-Rah meetings (as I call them) Usually 3 or 4 hours in the mornings if the last few people to go are to be believed. However your drinks are all covered, unlike a privately booked cruise. My Fiancee also works in my building, and he actually is up in the Twin Cities pretty regularly for meetings.

As soon as the information comes out, I was planning starting a Roll Call to see if we can snag any other folks that might be lurking on this board.

Melissa:D

Your DH will have to go to Rah-Rah meetings (as I call them) Usually 3 or 4 hours in the mornings if the last few people to go are to be believed. However your drinks are all covered, unlike a privately booked cruise. My Fiancee also works in my building, and he actually is up in the Twin Cities pretty regularly for meetings.

As soon as the information comes out, I was planning starting a Roll Call to see if we can snag any other folks that might be lurking on this board.

Melissa:D

I was really excited to hear about the free drinks! At the same time though I keep thinking this is my DH's business associates we will be cruising with, I can't be the one dancing on the tables with a drink in both hands. LOL

I have not heard about the rah rah meetings, I think, hope, someone is pulling your leg. If not maybe during this time I will be dancing on the tables. LOL I'll inquire more as we have a friend who went last year. I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a banquet type thing where someone is speaking about the company goals ect and how its you wonderful people who make things wonderful.

I was really excited to hear about the free drinks! At the same time though I keep thinking this is my DH's business associates we will be cruising with, I can't be the one dancing on the tables with a drink in both hands. LOL

I have not heard about the rah rah meetings, I think, hope, someone is pulling your leg. If not maybe during this time I will be dancing on the tables. LOL I'll inquire more as we have a friend who went last year. I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a banquet type thing where someone is speaking about the company goals ect and how its you wonderful people who make things wonderful.

You don't have to worry, from what I hear it is adult beverages annonymous at these things. And what happens on the Service Stars trip, stays on the Service Stars trip.

I wish they would get rid of the Rah-Rah meetings, but unfortunately I don't think they have. :( Price of the free cruise I guess...

Melissa

I can't speak to specifics - don't know the exact reasoning - but those rah rah meetings are required due to tax issues. Maybe someone more familiar with IRS regulations can chime in but if I understand how my own company's conferences work, those meetings have to be held in order for the event to qualify as a business expense.

Archived