San Juan Hotel Miramar?

No sorry I can't help you out on that particular Hotel. We have always stayed at the Embassy Suites near the Air Port. But we are originally from Muncie Indiana, and I just had to ask what partof Indiana are you from. If you have any other questions about San Juan I will try to help answer them. We have sailed from there the last 2 years and just love sailing from there.

Hello neighbor! I am from Granger Indiana, near Notre Dame. We have ported 3x from San Juan but we have never stayed here. We are talking our kids this time and we wanted to stay at a place with a real Puetro Rican feel.

Hope someone else has stayed there!

Have you visited any beaches in San Juan?

I have not stayed there personally, but my friends have. If you are referring to the Marriott Courtyard Miramar, I do not believe it is located in Old San Juan.

If you are interested in staying in the heart of OSJ, I suggest either El Convento or the Sheraton Old San Juan.

The Marriott Miramar is located in the Miramar neighborhood. We have stayed there twice. It is a very very nice hotel - not close to Old San Juan or the port, but within a 10-15 cab ride of both. It is in a upclass neighborhood, with FANTASTIC restaurants very near by. We choose to stay there if we are coming in the night before the cruise. It is quiet, unassuming, a very classy. The elevators are a bit slow, but it will get you ready for the ship, right?

Hope this helps,

BRL (on Adventure right now...)

This is the one I am reffering to: Hotel Miramar

606 Ponce de León Ave., Miramar, San Juan

Anyone stayed here? Anyone???:rolleyes:

We stayed there last year when we were doing a 7 day southern carib cruise. It is an older hotel and the rooms are small but it is in very decent condition. It is ony a few blocks from the cruise lines, depending on which line you are using. The taxi ride to the cruise ship was very short and inexpensive. We could almost walk it if it were not for the luggage. The front desk people were very friendly and they will hold your luggage in the front lobby after yo checkout but it is too early to board. There is a bus stop just outside the door and to the left 1/2 a block. I forget the price but it was real cheap for the bus to old san jaun. Once in old san jaun there is a free bus that will take you all around town and out to the fort, it runs continuous, hop on and off whenever you want. There is a grocery store just up the street if you need to buy anything to take with you, It sells beer and wine. You can go up on the rooftop to look all around the city and the cruise ships. There are tables up there and lounge chairs. Bring your own drinks, The neighborhood is safe and there are a few bars and restaurants on the same street. The hotel dining room serves good food, but is very small. We got our room there through priceline, but I don't recall what we paid. It wasn't expensive. Overall, it is a nice place to stay. people at the front desk will tell you anything you need to know. very friendly.

Thank goodness someone else has stayed there! Thank you Sandy! We have booked a double/double room since we will be with our children. We are staying for 2 nights but we are big sightseer's so I don't think we will spend much time in the room.:)

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Miramar recently? We are plannng to stay here pre-cruise as we wanted to stay in Old San Juan. How was the hotel? any experiences/suggestions I should know about? Thanks!:)

We had for pre and post cruise in Jan 2 and Jan 10. Your hotel is not in OSJ but not far ride from it.

The room is very much like any Courtyard Marriott except NO WASH CLOTH but they do have the other two.

watch out for the sink when you turn on, it will splash you (pressure)

Shower, sometime got hot water quick sometimes slow

Customer service is excellent all shifts

Hotel about 15 min ride to Pan Am Pier, not far from the pier but the street is kind of loop up and long length at the port entrance

if you would like to check out early or you check in early but your room is not ready yet, let them keep the bags for you and you can go on to do whatever you wish (but don't forget to do a precheck-in so when you come back you just pick up your card and head to your room) (just tip them). They will keep your luggages behind the desk or the office and they will issued you tickets for each bags

Take the local bus to Old San Juan area, bus ride is short (10-15min) and only cost $.50 or $.75 per person compared to $20 taxi (with tip)

there only two buses that pass your hotel, M1 and A5. just walked to your right from your hotel, pass gas station, (about 2-5 min) you will see the bus station (same side with your hotel), you bus will end in Old San Juan, yes it safe, and when you ready to come back just catch the bus right in the Terminal in Old San Juan on first roll (1) you will see your stree sign on the wass just wait on your bench and the station to get of is on the other side near Puerblo Market accross the street from you hotel. Try to find symbol to help you remember that you can reconized at night and day. We used the bridge. when the bus passed the bridge and went over to the street we rang the bell and the bus stop where we wanted. Ask you hotel front dest to help you if you worry

To OSJ if bus drop you off up the hill (you will see everyone will gets off and both doors is open) just walk to the right and downhill you will be in tourist area just look up you will see the peir .....sometime they drop everyone off inside the termial...just walk out ...you already in the area

Archived