Uniworl or Avalon.....Which is better??

travel girl 747

Hi travel girl................... I have travelled twice with Uniworld and was thrilled with my entire experience on board their ships.

I have not travelled with Avalon, but the feed back that I have gotten from people that have, has not been as positive as I thought it should be.

We took an Avalon cruise last year and liked it so much we have booked our second cruise.

Each person has different expectations and tastes as far as food and service.

I think that looking at itineraries is a good way to figure out what your want to see and if that particular cruise line offers is.

It is hard to say that one is better than another ... but both Uniworld and Avalon have great itineraries.

On Uniworld almost all of the tours are included.

On our trip on Avalon about 60% of the tours were optional and therefore more $$$.

Also there reports I received from several passesnger that had traveled with both Uniworld and Avalon was that the food and service was better on Uniworld. These passengers did not know each other. One evening our table group were comparing our cruises with other river cruise companies.

Hope this helps.

MSEm

Last year we took the Uniworld trip from Amsterdam to Belgium,primarily to see the tulips in the Keukonhoff Gardens. This was on Uniworlds' ship the River Queen. We loved everything about the trip. The staff were wonderful, very clean ship, food was good to excellent and everything was included. Wine ( both red and white) flowed freely at dinner and everything was very well presented. The group of people mixed very well and we met several couples that we still correspond with.

I only have 2 other River Cruises to compare this to--both on Viking. We liked Viking also but thought Uniworld was just a bit more upscale and more tours were included on Uniworld.

I think you probably can't go wrong on either line and as another poster stated, I guess the itinerary should be the deciding factor for these particular lines.

Enjoy

micked10

Archived