For Bradenton

WhoDat

Bradenton,

I hope you are still out there! I have been following your posts regarding your letters to Mr. Sasso. Last I remember, MSC customer service responded that he was out of the office last week. What's the latest?

Bradenton,

I hope you are still out there! I have been following your posts regarding your letters to Mr. Sasso. Last I remember, MSC customer service responded that he was out of the office last week. What's the latest?

I heard (perhaps from these boards?) that he was onboard the Orchestra and disembarked in Cozumel. Yes, it would be good to get an update.

Thanks,

I received a UPS letter from Mr. Sasso on Monday evening. He is looking into the areas I wrote about and has asked for a report from the Orchestra. I have replied to him and am waiting for his reply. I will keep you posted. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Bradenton:

Lucky you. I guess I should have followed your lead and sent letters every day. I sent a letter to Mr. Sasso the day after you regarding our experiences on the 17 day transatlantic sailing. As of today nothing from Mr. Sasso, even though we are gold card MSC members and mentioned it in our letter. Another negative point for them as far as follow up and good customer service goes.

I sent back a full review along with suggestions. Prior to receiving a response from Sasso I received a phone call from the head of MSC customer service and spoke to her at length. I was quite amazed that I received a reply which had been sent by UPS directly from Fort Lauderdale to Bradenton. I would suggest that you reprint your letter and do as I did. I was very disappointed that both my name was spelt incorrectly on the MSC letter from Sasso, and they made my partner a woman. Our names were clearly marked on the headed paper.

In view of some of the responses on cruise critic boards I am wary of disclosing what Sasso wrote to me. I notice you are in Tampa and I am only down the road in Bradenton.

I sent back a full review along with suggestions. Prior to receiving a response from Sasso I received a phone call from the head of MSC customer service and spoke to her at length. I was quite amazed that I received a reply which had been sent by UPS directly from Fort Lauderdale to Bradenton. I would suggest that you reprint your letter and do as I did. I was very disappointed that both my name was spelt incorrectly on the MSC letter from Sasso, and they made my partner a woman. Our names were clearly marked on the headed paper.

In view of some of the responses on cruise critic boards I am wary of disclosing what Sasso wrote to me. I notice you are in Tampa and I am only down the road in Bradenton.

Since this was a thread directed towards you only, go ahead and post Mr. Sasso's response here. I for one like to read both positive and negative reviews. I think the people who want all sunshine are those that will let others make up their mind, therefore only want to read what they want and not the full truth.

I backed off from giving any more of my opinions because I felt that I was 'out of line' reporting about the poor 17 day TA cruise we experienced. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to reiterate once again that as experienced cruisers (well over 20 cruises and includes 3 QM2, 3 Celebrity, 3 Princess, 2 Carnival, 1 Costa, 8 Royal Caribbean etc) I am able to judge what is a good ship and what is not. I have also lectured on Cunard.

Mr Sasso put in his letter the following:-

We are constantly monitoring our staff training and service performance. Our goal is to use the finest ingredients for dining and pampered service to every guest on every cruise. Given that we have had an increased number of complaints in these areas we are putting more pressure on the staff and crew to maintain our standards of excellence.

Looking at some of the latest comments it would seem that MSC is trying to address the problems but I still read of the same things we experienced.

I backed off from giving any more of my opinions because I felt that I was 'out of line' reporting about the poor 17 day TA cruise we experienced. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to reiterate once again that as an experienced cruiser (well over 20 cruises and includes 3 QM2, 3 Celebrity, 3 Princess, 2 Carnival, 1 Costa, 8 Royal Caribbean etc) I am able to judge what is a good ship and what is not. I have also lectured on Cunard.

Mr Sasso put in his letter the following:-

We are constantly monitoring our staff training and service performance. Our goal is to use the finest ingredients for dining and pampered service to every guest on every cruise. Given that we have had an increased number of complaints in these areas we are putting more pressure on the staff and crew to maintain our standards of excellence

Looking at some of the latest comments it would seem that MSC is trying to address the problems but I still read of the same things we experienced.

Apparently we got the same form letter from Mr. Sasso, as I got my letter today.

Mr. Sasso also stated ". . . . and the problems you highlighted COULD take away from your enjoyment and satisfaction." How about they DID dilute our cruise experience. This was our 38th cruise and first time we have ever written a cruise line to complain as we are not complainers unless something is very, very wrong.

He also said "We are constantly monitoring our staff training & service performance. Our goal is to use the finest ingredients for dining and pampered service to every guest on every cruise. Given that we had an increased number of comments in these areas we are putting pressure on the staff & crew to maintain our standards of excellence.

I would say that last sentence makes a small admission there were problems. The only admission in the entire form letter.

Isn't it funny the two day cruise that started the day we got off was so bad Mr. Sasso offered the travel agents a $200.00 credit. However our 17 days with the same problems magnified by 17 days instead of only two warrants a form letter.

Bradenton: I would like to hear what progress you make so please send me a personal email at we12step@hotmail.com,

We are just down the road from you in North Fort Myers - also on the Orchestra for the Transatlantic Cruise - our 5th cruise on MSC and what a difference - and not a good one. Both my husband and I wrote separate letters outlining our concerns. We are Gold Club members, I work in Travel and the TA cruise was #70 for me. We received a letter signed by Mr Sasso today that must have been a "form brush off" letter addressed to both of us. It referenced something about a 3% charge to cash AX Travellers checks, something that neither of our letters mentioned at all. Have you heard for sure that the passengers on the 2 nt disaster after we left the ship will be receiving a $200 per cabin onboard credit or something similar. I think that those of us on for those 17 days deserve that if not more. Contact me with any useful information at rekuehn55@yahoo.com. Would be glad to share our letter of response with you.

Apparently we got the same form letter from Mr. Sasso, as I got my letter today.

Mr. Sasso also stated ". . . . and the problems you highlighted COULD take away from your enjoyment and satisfaction." How about they DID dilute our cruise experience. This was our 38th cruise and first time we have ever written a cruise line to complain as we are not complainers unless something is very, very wrong.

He also said "We are constantly monitoring our staff training & service performance. Our goal is to use the finest ingredients for dining and pampered service to every guest on every cruise. Given that we had an increased number of comments in these areas we are putting pressure on the staff & crew to maintain our standards of excellence.

I would say that last sentence makes a small admission there were problems. The only admission in the entire form letter.

Isn't it funny the two day cruise that started the day we got off was so bad Mr. Sasso offered the travel agents a $200.00 credit. However our 17 days with the same problems magnified by 17 days instead of only two warrants a form letter.

Bradenton: I would like to hear what progress you make so please send me a personal email at we12step@hotmail.com,

You got the same letter I did. I wrote what I thought was a constructive letter mentioning also the good things we found about the cruise (waiter, asst waiter, ship beautiful and clean, etc). My big concern was the danger of not having the machines out for the hand sanitizers until we got to the USVI - was it just not required before? I hope Bradenton does not go away - we FL cruisers have to stick together on this. I will be on the Orchestra on 7 Feb for the Cruise of the Irish Stars and hope to have better report. Crossing my fingers!

He's gone....

What is your issue??? He was just sharing what his resolution and/or process towards resolution has been. This was his experience and he has a right to post it on this site. If people are interested they will read it; if not then they do not have to view the thread. Really not a big deal. Stop being a bully!

Your still doing it...

Originally Posted by matj2000 viewpost.gif

He's gone....

With these types of responses and comments don't you really wonder if the reviews are truly getting better, or if folks just are afraid to post anything other than a glowing report (That's not to say that MSC is not getting better by the way). It just kind of invalidates the whole idea of searching this board for honest opinions of a past cruise. Is it that you are only allowed to post sunshine, happy days, and wonderful experiences but NO BAD REPORTS ALLOWED OR YOU WILL BE CHASTISED, RIDICULED, AND FORCED OFF THESE BOARDS. Do you really want to know what's going on with a cruise line or a particular ship, or do you just want to have someone to blow smoke up your ... ah... well, we certainly don't want to go there.

Actually I am a woman not a man and have been encouraged by other people to return and see if we can get some compensation for the 17 day cruise.

I will email everyone who would like a copy of the letter I have received from Mr Sasso and perhaps those of us who still feel we should receive compensation could follow it through. I am certainly going to.

No I will not be bullied by someone who was not on board and do not have to write how good it was when it certainly was not.

Actually I am a woman not a man and have been encouraged by other people to return and see if we can get some compensation for the 17 day cruise.

I will email everyone who would like a copy of the letter I have received from Mr Sasso and perhaps those of us who still feel we should receive compensation could follow it through. I am certainly going to.

No I will not be bullied by someone who was not on board and do not have to write how good it was when it certainly was not.

Glad to see you are still here. i would like a copy of the letter even tho we weren't on the same cruise as you. We have also sent a letter to Mr. Sasso.

Thank you ahead. email address is tngaloha@yahoo.com

It is plain simple that Bradenton is completely exageratting anything that may have went wrong during his cruise and is trying to get some sort of monetary compensation from MSC. By his constant reiterate of negativity and letter writing campaigns,which have proven useless. His only agenda is basically trying to detour others from cruising on MSC. The majority of readers on these boards(especially myself)do not care to read his whining and complaining. Even more so from someone who has never posted before the "MSC" incident. Constructive criticism is one thing, but daily letters to a CEO is absurd.

What is absurd is your constant carping when you have no idea what you are talking about. If you were not on the 17 day Transatlantic cruise, you have no idea what truly happened. Those of us that were unfortunate enough to pay our hard earned money for the trip do know what happened. It was by far not up to MSC or any other cruise lines standards. We have cruised 38 times and until this trip never wrote a cruise line to complain. This was our third MSC cruise so we know where of we speak when we say it was far below normal MSC standards and very sub-par.

Some people do not post at all here because of personal attacks made to them. I thought we lived in the land of the free where we are all entitled to our own opinions without ridicule or backlash.

Bradenton,

I started this thread, and am very glad you responded.

I don't think I would be as persistent as you. I have had back and forth communications with both MSC customer service and Mr. Sasso. I have the promises that we will be receiving vouchers , but still don't have them in hand....STILL(when others have).

I laughed and laughed about someone's comment about receiving a form letter. I did too. I didn't mention anything about the food or service, as I felt those issues were already disclosed by many other passengers on our cruise. I kept my letter short, describing our problems with documents prior to the cruise and still not receiving our vouchers. I got a form letter, too. Mentioning about food and service and not once mentioning what I'd wrote in my letter.

At this point, I just want closure.

Will I ever see these vouchers? At this point, I don't care. Instead of seeing potential, all I see is disorganization. How hard can it be to mail or email vouchers? How is this helping me want to sail MSC again?

The majority of readers on these boards(especially myself)do not care to read his whining and complaining.

What about the majority of readers on these boards who do care to read what Bradenton has to say??

What about us????

The answer here is simple. The title of the thread is, "For Bradenton"; It's for all of us who do care; not those of you who don't. It's simple. Don't click on this thread and you won't have to read it.

What about the majority of readers on these boards who do care to read what Bradenton has to say??

What about us????

The answer here is simple. The title of the thread is, "For Bradenton"; It's for all of us who do care; not those of you who don't. It's simple. Don't click on this thread and you won't have to read it.

BRAVO!!!!!! Well said!

I really do appreciate the support you have given and I intend to carry on until Mr. Sasso realises that WE DO MATTER. Taking a cruise is a luxury for most of us and our hard earned money should be spent on a product which is not only value for money but if there are problems they need to be addressed quickly. In this financial climate he needs passengers and we need compensation for the 17 days we spent onboard with a new crew, indifferent staff and poor food. Yes, the ship was clean, and I expect a ship to be clean but it is hard to find much praise to give to the Orchestra, or, by reading other people's comments, on other MSC ships.

I am contacting the head of MSC customer service again today. I still have not had a reply from my response to Mr. Sasso's letter to me which he sent by UPS last Monday. My next step will be to send all my correspondence to the owner of MSC in Geneva.

People are more than welcome to contact me on jokoegel@hotmail.com if they would like a private reply or if I can be of assistance.

Many thanks again for your support.

Archived