Moby Dick vs. Captain Marvin

Garn

Just got back. Used Moby Dick Tours on Feb24,2009.

What a great time we all had. We had the owner Mark Button as our Capt. and his asst.

Not once did I felt I had to worrie about myself or our party. Safty was number one for Cpt.Mark. Everybody had a super time. There where about 25 people on board ages 5 to 60 and we all had big smiles on our faces when we got back.

There boat is very nice has plenty of shade a fresh water shower and up to date equpment.

This was my 5th time going to Stringray City first time using Moby Dick. I will be using them again from now one.

By the way when you e-mail them you will get a reply from Debbie, Capt. Mark wife.

She is from Colorado. Be sure to say Hi from John in Dillon. I think she will remember me.;)

What a great time we all had. We had the owner Mark Button as our Capt. and his asst.

Not once did I felt I had to worrie about myself or our party. Safty was number one for Cpt.Mark. Everybody had a super time. There where about 25 people on board ages 5 to 60 and we all had big smiles on our faces when we got back.

There boat is very nice has plenty of shade a fresh water shower and up to date equpment.

This was my 5th time going to Stringray City first time using Moby Dick. I will be using them again from now on.

By the way when you e-mail them you will get a reply from Debbie, Capt. Mark wife.

She is from Colorado. Be sure to say Hi from John in Dillon. I think she will remember me.

http://www.mobydicktours.com

Glad you had a good time. We are going on a tour with them on the 16th. How cold was the water? About how deep was it?

Thanks

Water was not cold at all. About 80.. bathtub temp.

Depending on how tall you are it is about waste high.

You will love it. Have fun.

We just got back from an amazing cruise and I wanted to follow up on the Moby Dick/Capt. Marvin questions.

Capt. Marvin's group was full, so we booked with Moby. On our day at Grand Cayman, the waves where strong and we had to tender to the alternate dock on the south side of the island. Moby tours where there to inform us that Sting Ray City was closed because of rough water on the north side of the island. I was impressed that they came out just to give us information. They where under no obligation to drive over and talk with us. They told us that even 7 Mile Beach was too rough for snorkeling and that we where better to stay on the south side of the island. They pointed out other beaches with good snorkeling, offered info on shopping and dinning. I was impressed with their efforts to make our stop on the island enjoyable, even though our tour was canceled.

• 3 weeks later...

This was my 5th time going to Stringray City first time using Moby Dick. I will be using them again from now on.

She is from Colorado. Be sure to say Hi from John in Dillon. I think she will remember me.

www.mobydicktours.com

Hi, we're trying to decide between MD, CM and NW...just wondering if there was chiid-sized equipment onboard for the kids? CM told me we'd have to bring our own, unsure about NW. Also you said there is shade, did you men while on the boat?....very important for us as kiddos are all fairskinned with blue eys blond hair and youngest would be 2 when we go.

Our family has used Captain Marvin's twice and had great experiences both times. They were convenient and the small size of their excursions made it easy to interact with and get help from the crew. On one occasion they had to juggle things because they were overbooked, and they made everyone happy. I haven't used another company, although others have strong reviews, because I've been so happy with the Captain.

Hi, we're trying to decide between MD, CM and NW...just wondering if there was chiid-sized equipment onboard for the kids? CM told me we'd have to bring our own, unsure about NW. Also you said there is shade, did you men while on the boat?....very important for us as kiddos are all fairskinned with blue eys blond hair and youngest would be 2 when we go.

Moby Dick did have child size snorkel stuff and covered area on the boat for the shade you need. Mark and his crew also get in the water with you during the stingray part. It really made the kids more comfortable. They also have squid if the kids want to feed the stingrays. Whoever you choose, don't miss the stingrays. That was so cool.

Archived