just booked my next HAL cruise!

ViolaSwamp

We just recently booked for July 2010 from NY. I have never booked so far in advance before, but we had the future cruise credit, and have 2009 all booked up. Once I saw this cruise, to a place we have never been, and not requiring a flight, but a couple hour drive, we just had to book.

We are really looking forward to sailing on a smaller ship. We have cruised twice now on the Westerdam and really enjoyed ourselves. HAL has become our favorite so far.

Yes, the deciding factor for us was the New York departure - we can drive down in 7ish hours depending on traffic (and restroom/food stops) so no flights needed - yippee! :)

My mother is a cruise newbie so she's trusting me to pick a good cruise for us. I just got off a sister S-class ship, the Maasdam, on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean with DH and enjoyed that ship very much so I assume my mom and I will have a similarly good time on the Veendam.

I had a great time on our two RCCL cruises as well, even though those were larger ships (smaller at the time than they are now - both Enchantment and Grandeur have been "stretched" since we sailed them).

Heck, I probably could have a good time on ANY cruise. Stick me on a garbage barge, give me a pina colada, and I am a happy lady. :p Seriously, I think all cruises are what you make of them - and I try to make them all great. :D

Enjoy your trip on the Veendam - I'll be watching eagerly for this Bermuda sailing's reviews. ;)

Just wondering -- while yoou were on your other cruise, did you make an "open" booking with the cruise consultant thus getting shipboard credit for the yet un-named cruise?

I was able to do this when I made a FCC last April on the Zaandam. The certificate/ receipt they gave me listed what the potential OBC would be based on category booked and/or length of cruise.

Rochelle

Archived