12 night Classical Mediterranean Cruise -D.I.Y.

If anyone is interested we have updated our website with a report from our cruise in August 2008 - there are plenty of photos and some videos and also details on how we did the ports using public transport instead of the ship's tours - with details on costs etc.

Hope you find it interesting

Please click here StringerHomePage and then the August 2008 button

Tammy

What a wonderful report and your photography is outstanding! We are taking a similar cruise on the Brilliance in September with a group of friends including three from the UK. We were on the Summit a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. We prefer this size ship.

I'm going to try to save your report to show to our other friends (in Florida) who will be going on this cruise with us. They are "first timers" so are a little nervous and worried about whether or not they will like this experience. HA! I doubt that it will be a problem.

;)April Jewel, I loved your reveiw and the pictures are beautiful. Your family looks great. Having 2 sons I could have gotten alot of fashion advice from your 2 daughters, they looked cool. Thanks for the tour, you would have made great tablemates for us. Madmarti:D

I really enjoyed your trip report and beautiful pictures.

Where did the girls find their straw hats (the black and also tan)? I need to find something stylish to keep the sun off my face.

Thanks for your kind comments. My daughter got her black hat in Positano and the tan one at WOMAD - a music festival held a few miles from our home here in England.

Hope you manage to find one - they were brilliant at keeping the sun off

Tammy

:):)read everything you posted and enjoyed it all..I too have visted many of same ports and the memories invoked by these photos were great..could you at your earliest convenience email the photo of the venetian masks to me a gray corvette dot com(no spaces) I had bought a few for my christmas tree and your photo just blew me away...thanks....

If anyone is interested we have updated our website with a report from our cruise in August 2008 - there are plenty of photos and some videos and also details on how we did the ports using public transport instead of the ship's tours - with details on costs etc.

Hope you find it interesting

Please click here StringerHomePage and then the August 2008 button

Tammy

Wow what great pictures! You have a lovely family and sounds like you had a great time. It was great to hear all your details and see the pictures to go along with it. It really does help someone who has never been to Europe get a better understanding of the areas. ThankYou !:o

:):)read everything you posted and enjoyed it all..I too have visted many of same ports and the memories invoked by these photos were great..could you at your earliest convenience email the photo of the venetian masks to me a gray corvette dot com(no spaces) I had bought a few for my christmas tree and your photo just blew me away...thanks....

I tried to send you the picture but had no luck - can you email me via the website address on our homepage and I will forward the picture

Thanks

Tammy

Wow, I so enjoyed reading your cruise report and soaking up your fantastic pictures. The combination of your pictures and descriptions of your days made me feel that I almost was with you on your vacation. Hope you continue to feel better and better each day.

hi, can you tell me what camera did you use to take those great pictures.

Thanks - yes the camera is just a simple Canon Power Shot A520. I must admit we are very pleased with it - although it is not so great at indoor shots we think the quality of outdoor shots is excellent

Tammy

April Jewel, where did you have lunch in Oia. Looks like exactly what I would want. Either a place with a view like that or a seafood place down by the water in Oia. Thanks!

It was a place called Restaurant Skala in the middle of Oia. It is hard to describe exactly where it is as Oia has so many little streets and alleyways but I found this link http://www.travel-to-santorini.com/restaurants/oia/skala/ which may help you locate it.

Wherever you choose to eat I can guarantee the views will be simply stunning.

Tammy

Hope you are feeling better! I thoroughly enjoyed all your pictures and your daily journal is exactly what I was looking for to gather more information about our upcoming trip. We are taking the same trip June 27, and your beautiful photos certainly prove what a wonderful vacation this will be! Our two teenagers, ages 14 and 17, will be taking this trip with us, as well. Thanks for sharing!

Good job.. really good job.. really really good job! etc. etc.

p.s. What program did you use to add the music?

Paul

Thanks Paul - we used Magix Movie Pro 2005 but any video editing package would let you add music.

Tammy

Thanks for taking the time and effort to produce extensive trip report. We am going in August from Venice to Barcelona on the Summit. I am travelling with my girlfriend, her parents and her daughter. It's our first cruise but her parents have been loads of times before.

I too like to plan ahead. In our last holiday together a few years ago in Florida I planned a great schedule which started at 7am and ended with the fireworks at midnight. Everyone was knackered after a week but agreed we knew what we were doing and when and saw so much.

Thanks again.

Archived