Grand Cayman excursion advice

traveling_bug

I am traveling with a group of 10 in march and I am now trying to decide on shore excurssions, not for the group but for myself. I am also going to Belieze, Roatan, and Cozumel. I am a first time traveler so I am not really sure what I want to do. I like adventure and I like history. I was thinking of doing the hell, Turtle Farm, and Sting Ray city tour through Carnival. Is this worth it or is there a better excursion on GC?

I was in GC a week ago today. We booked through Moby Dick Tours to go to the stingray sandbar and they also took us snorkling. Let me tell you, it's worth it. You pay much less than if you go through Carnival. It is excellent for young ones and the young at heart. You really should check them out. Just google Moby Dick tours and e-mail Mark. He will give you all the info you need to know and we did not even have to pay in advance. Have fun in GC!

this may sound crazy but I am much more interested in touring hell and the turtle farm than sting ray city.

We went with Nativeway http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/ early this month. We did Island and Stingray tour which we went to Rum cake factory, Turtle Farm and Hell before we went to Stingray.

We spent about 45 mins in Turtle Farm and 20 mins in Hell. But Stingray is the highlight of the tour. They are great and will go with them in a heartbeat.

Last time that I was in Cayman, we did an Island Tour that took us to Hell & Turtle Farm & Rum Cake Factory. I think that we only paid $20. Way cheaper than a Carnival Tour.

Joanne

Has anyone done the Boatswain Beach Marine Adventure?? I am thinking about booking it for myself, my teenage daughter and her friend. My daughter and I did Hell, Turtle Farm and Stingrays last time, it was great but we want something else this time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last time that I was in Cayman, we did an Island Tour that took us to Hell & Turtle Farm & Rum Cake Factory. I think that we only paid $20. Way cheaper than a Carnival Tour.

Joanne

Joanne - did you book this ahead of time? Or find someone at the pier?

tia!

Joanne - did you book this ahead of time? Or find someone at the pier?

tia!

Actually, we just booked at the pier. We had just come back from a Stingray Excursion, and it was raining, so we did not feel like going to the beach. Which is why we opted for that Island Tour. The only Downside is that they wait until the Bus-Van is full.

Joanne

• 3 weeks later...

Joanne

Joanne,

Who did you go through for this. That is what my husband and I are looking at.

Thanks

Travel Bug,

My wife and I could not dive on our last cruise to the Caymans and opted for the Turtle Farm and Hell Tour. Horrible does not describe the Turtle Farm. It was the most disgusting place I've been to in many years. It is a half acre of concrete pools about three feet deep packed full of sea turtles waiting to be harvested. They are so crowded that they have to swim over each other to surface and breath. It is totally disgusting. I am not a PETA person by any means but this place is about a entertaining as a tour through a chicken processing plant.

Captain Ronn

As I asked in the other thread, when was that trip? The Turtle Farm has been completely redone, and the new Boatswains Beach attraction has much more to offer. From the description, I think you're describing the old Turtle Farm, which was much smaller. (Then again, I still enjoyed the old Farm when I went...I loved petting and holding the turtles.)

Has anyone been to the Queen's Garden? I am thinking of renting a car to go there and not real sure about doing that. Wondered if anyone has rented a car in Grand Cayman. We did a tour last time we were there that took us to the Rum Cake place and Hell. Hell was interesting and since we are traveling with people who have never been there, we may do that again. Does anyone know if it is anywhere near the Queen's Garden?

Has anyone been to the Queen's Garden? I am thinking of renting a car to go there and not real sure about doing that. Wondered if anyone has rented a car in Grand Cayman. We did a tour last time we were there that took us to the Rum Cake place and Hell. Hell was interesting and since we are traveling with people who have never been there, we may do that again. Does anyone know if it is anywhere near the Queen's Garden?

Hi Darlene

The Queen's Garden is on the East side of the Island, maybe about a 45 minute drive from the pier. Hell i believe is North of the pier.

tdk1938 - can you tell me how the tour with Nativeway was? I am hoping to book it for end of March and want to know how it was. Were the boats over crowded? Was it a bus or mini-van? Was your tour filled? I am thinking of goign with this company as Captain Marvins is talked about everywhere and I am wondering if they will be really full then. Any help would be appreciated!

Archived