NN cabin ryndam

lilyhammer

I noticed on my upcoming Ryndam cruise (April 14, 2009) that the lowest category they are selling is a MM guarantee. When I was looking at the deck plans, it seemed that all the categories MM and higher would be OK by me, but the N and NN cabins looked pretty small. I went ahead and booked the MM guarantee, but I can't help but wonder why they aren't selling the N and NN cabins. I doubt they are all sold out since these are the lowest cabins and I don't think you can give these to the MM guarantees, right?

I was looking at the cruise before and after mine and both of those are selling N and NN cabins. Does anybody know why these aren't showing up for sale for my cruise? What's going on?

I guess it never occurred to me that it would be sold out so early (I booked a couple of months ago). On most of the cruises I've booked, it seems like the higher cabins (verandas) sell out faster than the cheaper tiny cabins. The MM guarantee is already only $699 for a 10 day cruise...I can't imagine how much cheaper the N and NN could have gone for.

I had this bad feeling that HAL had reclassified the cabin classes since I got my brochure, but the deck plans on hollandamerica.com were still the same. My DH wanted re-assurance that we would not be downgraded to these cabins, even though I told him we had a MM guarantee and would NOT get anything less than a MM.

Thanks for the info.

I guess it never occurred to me that it would be sold out so early (I booked a couple of months ago). .

Sounds like you booked about 6 months before the cruise actually leaves. That is not far out at all IMO. I booked my last one 15 moths before it left and I don't think the NN was available at that time. I rarely see it available on any cruise so I wouldn't be surprised if HAL is not selling these cabins.

Lilyhammer, we are booked for the MM guarantee also. We were on the 8 day Ryndam last spring and we were upgraded to a cabin on the lower promenade. Most of the members of CC had received an upgrade.

We are sailing on the 4/14/09 Ryndam also, there is a rollcall started for this cruise. Please stop by the rollcall, it is kind of slow right now and could use some more members. Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=890093

See you in April!!!! :D

Archived