Checking sodas with luggage tag????

eem0924

In the past we've always checked a 12 pack or two of soda by slapping an extra luggage tag on it and leaving it with the porters on the pier.

A couple of people have referenced that this is no longer possible. They've said if you want to bring soda on it must be packed in your luggage or you have to physically carry it on the ship and take it to your room.

We're not sure it's worth the inconvenience of carrying it with us through check-in until we can get into our cabins.

Can anyone verify firsthand that this is true?

Thanks

I did it last year on the Voyager, and had no problems. Well, there was one small problem. I had a 12 pack of cokes, and put a luggage tag on it. When I got it, there were only 11 cokes in there! I guess some porter was a little thirsty, but I was happy. It was cheaper than paying $2 per can.

I believe that the people who said they had to carry their soda were all departing from Tampa. I guess the porters there have different rules? The porters who take care of luggage at the pier are independant from RC and follow local rules regarding what they will and will not carry onboard.

we are hoping to do this sunday on vos- a case of mtn dew for 4 ppl to enjoy = 1 can a day pp....lol- dh has to have his one dew a day-!

i read on a review others have done this on vos lately-

hope you are able to get your soda onboard the easy way- we brought diet dr pepper on last jan on the navigator but had the 6 pac in the luggage- carry- on luggage- did the small suit case with wheels and it was not a problem-

We took two fridge cases of soda on FOS out of Miami in December. DH wrapped them together with mailing tape, made a handle out of tape, and put a luggage tag on the outside. They were a little banged up but still intact when they got to our room.

I just had this problem on Navigator of the Seas, departing from Ft. Lauderdale. We had 2 8-packs of soda (yeah, weird, 8 packs not 12 packs, but that's what the 7-11 had) and another one of water. Porter told us we had to put them in our already full suitcases or carry them on. He would not put the luggage tags on them. I was peeved. Other people seemed to be doing it without any hassles.

Archived