Florida Car Rental - Mandatory Drop Off Charge

phabric

I booked a car through Thrifty in October for after our Majesty cruise April 13 from Port of Miami to FLL. Their reservation invoice shows no drop off charge. Thrifty is now saying there is a mandatory drop off charge of $35.

Do you think I will be charged the drop off charge when I pick the car up since their invoice shows no charge?

I booked a car through Thrifty in October for after our Majesty cruise April 13 from Port of Miami to FLL. Their reservation invoice shows no drop off charge. Thrifty is now saying there is a mandatory drop off charge of $35.

Do you think I will be charged the drop off charge when I pick the car up since their invoice shows no charge?

I am renting from Hertz in a couple of weeks from FLL to Miami and just checked with them and there is no drop off charge. I would call them and get it cleared up and make sure you get the name of the person you talk to and in writting if possible in case it pops up as you are returning the car. You can always dispute it on your credit card also if your paperwork shows no drop off charge.

We had no drop off charges when we rented from Budget in MCO and dropped off in downtown Miami last month for our Majesty cruise. Doing the same next month for the Liberty. Also, their rates were better than Thrifty, Alamo, or Hertz. Even with having to take a cab to the pier (no free shuttle) it came out to be less money. There are lots of discount (BCD) codes out there if you search around that will reduce your rate. Good luck!

I called 3x to Thrifty today and received 3 different answers.

Person 1 - rude, said drop off MANDATORY many time

2 - saw reservation didn't show drop off charge but each office can charge it

3 - saw reservation didn't show drop off charge so would not be charged

Also asked what time shuttle ran

Person 1 - 8 am to 5 pm

3 - 8 am to 3 pm every 30 mins.

I picked Thrifty as they were the cheapest for the day. I used the code Orlando Magic Card 004M001010 at $24 plus taxes for a total of $34.11. All the other rental companies were in $70-$80 range before taxes.

No drop off fee with Alamo. We use them all the time between Miami and FLL.

Mike

Archived