Canon Rebel XS

dwillis43

I Just recieved my new canon Rebel XS. It says use SD or SDHC memory card. Which is best. Thanks for any tips as well.

Both SD and SDHC are available in multiple speeds. The difference it that SD is an older spec and is only available up to 2GB. SDHC is a newer spec, has minimum speed ratings (Class 2, 4 & 6) and is available from 4GB to 32GB. Both will work just fine. Be aware that if you have an older P&S camera and want to share memory, SDHC-enabled cameras can use SD cards, but older cameras may not support SDHC.

I personally use Sandisk Ultra II and Extreme III SD and SDHC cards and have had zero issues. Lexar, PNY and Transcend also offer good products. I would suggest the SanDisk Ultra II as a minimum for SD and SDHC, but with the other brands. any will do as long as you make sure you get Class 6 SDHC. That will assure that the card will keep up with your DSLR and give you good upload speed to your PC. Beware of EBay and cheap SD cards. The "too good to be true" rule is usually correct.

Dave

Archived