Price Drop

fpat

I do not know about other cruises as I did not receive any notification about this but for my cruise the Best of Italy on 6/28 there was a $500 price drop per person. I check their web site occasionally and saw it today. Called my TA right away to get a credit to my CC and thought I would post it here so that others may want to check their cruises.

Best of Luck

I do not know about other cruises as I did not receive any notification about this but for my cruise the Best of Italy on 6/28 there was a $500 price drop per person. I check their web site occasionally and saw it today. Called my TA right away to get a credit to my CC and thought I would post it here so that others may want to check their cruises.

Best of Luck

You have to check yourself, unless you have an exceptional TA. The same thing happened to us. I was checking and found the price drop and a cabin one class above the one we had booked for cheaper at a resident rate.

You have to check yourself, unless you have an exceptional TA. The same thing happened to us. I was checking and found the price drop and a cabin one class above the one we had booked for cheaper at a resident rate.

Same here. Checked on the weekend and saw the price drop on the AZ website. I notified our TA right away and ended up going from a Cat 6 OV to a Cat 2 balcony for forty dollars more p/p. We could have gone to a Cat 4 OV and saved $900 but what the heck, the balcony sounded too good to resist.

I have a great TA she usually checks prices weekly for me but I just picked it up before her and I figured I would through a post up here in case someone did not see it. I looked at moving up but I took the 2k credit instead as there are 5 of us traveling and the 3rd in the 2nd cabin was the same price. With the number of ports that we are going to we just need the room for sleeping.

I have a great TA she usually checks prices weekly for me but I just picked it up before her and I figured I would through a post up here in case someone did not see it. I looked at moving up but I took the 2k credit instead as there are 5 of us traveling and the 3rd in the 2nd cabin was the same price. With the number of ports that we are going to we just need the room for sleeping.

It is great to have a good TA, as I had a bad experience with the CVC mess. The good thing that I was able to do on my own was to not only get the upgrade but to also get the price drop as well. It was something like $500 and that is why I was shocked to see that happen.

We are now searching for a good TA that was can trust.

Hi,

I got really excited last night when the Azamara website was down. Thought they were adjusting their prices down from when we booked last year. Well, I just went on line and my cruise in June to Iceland is not fully booked and the price went UP. I don't really think the office knows what they are doing. I have a Sunset Veranda and the one next to it is more than I'm in at.

Sheila

Best of Luck

I've requested an upgrade from Sky Suite to Penthouse on Journey in September, depending on the price. My TA will keep an eye on prices for me. I was in Penthouse on Quest last October and got it at a really good price. Thoroughly recommend as the extra space, especially on the verandah, and the extra wc, made a huge difference

Jan

Do you know why these price drops are not passed on to UK passengers. I have been seeing posts from other people on my cruise getting the refund, but my TA has been in contact with Azamara and they have said that the price hasn't gone down. It's very galling, and whilst I don't resent other folk's good fortune I feel very hard done by.

Lynda

Jan

Do you know why these price drops are not passed on to UK passengers. I have been seeing posts from other people on my cruise getting the refund, but my TA has been in contact with Azamara and they have said that the price hasn't gone down. It's very galling, and whilst I don't resent other folk's good fortune I feel very hard done by.

Lynda

UK Cruisers do get the price drops. It might be that your TA isnt aware of this as sadly not many UK TAs know that we do get the price drops.

If anyone has a problem with their TA not giving price drops I would suggest you request to speak to a supervisor and request they check the Terms & conditions in the brochure. If that still fails, request they set up a conference call with you,them & Azamara.

And you are entitled to all of the price drop...not just some or half or whatever....but the full amount.:D

To see if the prices have dropped all you need to do is do a dummy booking on the website...if the price is lower than you were quoted contact who you booked with and request the new price :D

I'd like to see if there's been a reduction for our cruise on the Journey departing Copenhagen on 18 June, but when I followed your suggestion, it says that stateroom category is sold out, so I can do a "dummy booking." Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

P.S. I don't feel too bad. Our TA got us a $700 discount when we booked the cruise several months ago, for a Sky Suite. Still, ...

Jan

Lynda

Lynda

The base prices for the cruises currently available were set when there were almost $2 to the £. We booked then and got a GREAT price. Now the £ is worth around $1.40 it is hardly surprising that the sterling price is not dropping. I agree that it is extremely galling but I do not think that any cruise line can be blamed for this - and I do not think this is the place for a discussion about who is!

Sue

Does anyone know if refunds when the price drops are only available in the US [and Canada] or if refunds will also be made in the UK [and elsewhere], please? We usually book direct with Celebrity [if that makes any difference].

Sue

Forgive me but I thought that a thread on price drops was the perfect place to ask a question on that subject. I see that you have also asked a similar question elsewhere.

This subject has been dabated long and hard by non US cruisers and long before the £ dropped against the $. I was part of a discussion started by some NZ people last Spring.

Jan has very kindly said that she will ask the question on my behalf and as she is so well though of on CC I look forward to hearing from her.

Lynda

Jan

Lynda

Yes, price drops are honoured and passed on in the UK. As Lizzie says some TAs claim not to know about it, and some TAs don't like to do it as their commission is reduced. There is no admin fee for price drops and the price drop should be passed on to you in full.

Go to the website and pretend to do a dummy booking - same category etc and if the price is lower then call your TA or X direct and get them to apply a lower price.

A few things to note - rooms in your category must be available still and the price code must not be for new bookings only.

Also in the UK there is currently a special offer for new bookings only of either £100 or £200pp off the price, depending on cruise. So new bookings may appear cheaper by that amount - and with an existing booking you do not get that discount.

That said, there have been price drops for Azamara so it is worth checking.

I hope this helps.

Sue

Forgive me but I thought that a thread on price drops was the perfect place to ask a question on that subject. I see that you have also asked a similar question elsewhere.

This subject has been dabated long and hard by non US cruisers and long before the £ dropped against the $. I was part of a discussion started by some NZ people last Spring.

Jan has very kindly said that she will ask the question on my behalf and as she is so well though of on CC I look forward to hearing from her.

Lynda

Lynda

Apologies, I am afraid that I worded my response badly. I was only suggesting that discussing the root causes of the current economic situation and its affect on the pound sterling wasn't something to discuss here. I did not want my response to start a "discussion" about that. We hear enough in the media generally.

Your question about sterling prices was perfectly placed here.

Sue

I'd like to see if there's been a reduction for our cruise on the Journey departing Copenhagen on 18 June, but when I followed your suggestion, it says that stateroom category is sold out, so I can do a "dummy booking." Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

P.S. I don't feel too bad. Our TA got us a $700 discount when we booked the cruise several months ago, for a Sky Suite. Still, ...

Sam

They will not be a price cut if the category has sold out. You need to keep looking in case a booking for your stateroom category is cancelled.

Sue

Hi Sam,

You will be boarding in Copenhagen right after we arrive back from our cruise. You should feel lucky that your TA got you a $700 discount on your cabin. We were only given $200 per person and had to fight for it when the ship announced a special for new bookings the week after we booked. I just keep checking every day and hopefully it will go down in March when the balance is due. Our price is now up from what we paid and the ship is NOT sold out.

Sheila

Sue

Lynda

I did call and was told they will check on the reason..if I dont hear by Monday, I will call again..

Not a problem..

Jancruz1

PS Thanks for the compliment

Sue

Lynda

Lynda - I think perhaps you have not seen my answer (post 19) where I explained that UK cruisers do get price drops and how to search for them?

Archived