Price Drop

fpat

Hi Sam,

You will be boarding in Copenhagen right after we arrive back from our cruise. You should feel lucky that your TA got you a $700 discount on your cabin. We were only given $200 per person and had to fight for it when the ship announced a special for new bookings the week after we booked. I just keep checking every day and hopefully it will go down in March when the balance is due. Our price is now up from what we paid and the ship is NOT sold out.

Sheila

Sheila -

I definitely do feel lucky. The TA is one of the major internet-based discounters, and I called for the booking last August after I saw a mention of a discount. I was surprised there was a discount because I'd been told that neither Celebrity nor Azamara discount their cabins (at least at the beginning and not until they're having a problem filling the ship). The TA for the internet TA initially told me that they'd (the Travel Agency) had made a mistake but that they'd honor the commitment with OBC or equivalent. Two days later she called me and said that Azamara had agreed to the discount!

Hurray!

We're really looking forward to our Baltics cruise with Azamara. We've done several Celebrity cruises and the idea of a smaller ship really seems entrancing, as does the itinerary. Have fun with your Norway/North Sea/Iceland/etc. cruise.

Sam

Hi Sam,

You will love the size of the ship. We are Celebrity people also and took three cruises on Oceania before Celebrity/RCI acquired their two smaller ships. We love the informality of the dress code -- no formal nights and not having a set time for dinner. It is so easy to meet people to share a meal. We have met the most wonderfull fun people aboard the Oceania and are looking forward to our cruise on the Journey. We took Oceania's Baltic cruise in 2003 and loved that we could dock right next to the port in some countries. Our friends who took the huge Princess ships had to dock a long, long way from the ports in some places.

Happy cruising.

Sheila

Lynda - I think perhaps you have not seen my answer (post 19) where I explained that UK cruisers do get price drops and how to search for them?

Albert

Thank you. I did see you advice thank you so much for taking the time and trouble. I have done all that and I contacted Azamara UK and RCCL. They replied saying that my contract was with my TA and they could only deal with them. The TA is adamant that there are no price drops so I have no choice but to leave it at that, although I will be interested to hear what Jan has learned.

Kind regards

Lynda

There are price drops if categories are sold out. I was offered a $200 price drop on cat 12 inside which is sold out. Instead I re booked our 2 back-to-back cruises April 25 and May 2 from an inside cat 12 to a veranda 1A under a special senior rate (the hubby fits it) for only $100 more for the first week and the same price for the second week. And we don't have to change cabins. I am a happy camper (or cruiser)!

Susie

There are price drops if categories are sold out. I was offered a $200 price drop on cat 12 inside which is sold out. Instead I re booked our 2 back-to-back cruises April 25 and May 2 from an inside cat 12 to a veranda 1A under a special senior rate (the hubby fits it) for only $100 more for the first week and the same price for the second week. And we don't have to change cabins. I am a happy camper (or cruiser)!

Susie

I love it when a cruise begins well.

You have to stay on top of things, and read CC. Since we booked, we have received upgrades, price drops, onboard allowances and pre-paid gratuities. I think by now my cruise councilor knows my email address by heart.

I hope you post a review - we would appreciate a heads-up before we board in June. From your previous posts, I have a feeling you are going to love it. Also, you are very lucky. We have yet to do a back-to-back cruise.

Smooth sailing to you.

"I love it when a cruise begins well.

You have to stay on top of things, and read CC. Since we booked, we have received upgrades, price drops, onboard allowances and pre-paid gratuities. I think by now my cruise councilor knows my email address by heart."

This isn't making me feel happy. I have kept on top of this. No OBC no upgrade, no pre paid gratuities and no price drops.

Lynda

"I love it when a cruise begins well.

You have to stay on top of things, and read CC. Since we booked, we have received upgrades, price drops, onboard allowances and pre-paid gratuities. I think by now my cruise councilor knows my email address by heart."

This isn't making me feel happy. I have kept on top of this. No OBC no upgrade, no pre paid gratuities and no price drops.

Lynda

I'm with you Lynda - we appear to get a raw deal here in the UK! I also have kept on top of this and there are no offers that I can find this side of the pond.

Vivien

I'm with you Lynda - we appear to get a raw deal here in the UK! I also have kept on top of this and there are no offers that I can find this side of the pond.

Vivien

Is there any reason you can't book through a US travel agency even though you live over there? I know I can book trips through travel agencies in the UK if I want to.

Albert

Thank you. I did see you advice thank you so much for taking the time and trouble. I have done all that and I contacted Azamara UK and RCCL. They replied saying that my contract was with my TA and they could only deal with them. The TA is adamant that there are no price drops so I have no choice but to leave it at that, although I will be interested to hear what Jan has learned.

Kind regards

Lynda

Lynda.

you agent is not giving you a good service, RCCL and Celebrity and Azamara all honour price drops. Tell your agent you are going to transfer the booking to one that is more accomodating, I have had upgrades and even used Captains club vouchers that I discovered after a booking was made.

I will let you have my email if you want some info,don't let it go

although the azamara price has dropped the price im paying is still less with the agents discount applied do you think i should push for a futher dis count or leave itlim still quite happy with the price,and mine still includes fuel surcharge,we struggle to us usa agents because of the billing address espically if traveling to US and also if they go broke we lose all our money,i know some people do use them,also it is a pain for the airflights if you want the agent to do an inclusive deal again because of the address and payment

Swigso

Thanks for your advice. We are sailing on 14th February so too late to do anything about it. I would like to find a really good TA but youre not allowed to post that kind of info on these boards.

Very few cruise lines allow cross border bookings I have questioned this but have never received a satisfactory answer. I assume that the UK market (and no doubt Australia and NZ too) are very lucrative for cruise lines.

Lynda

I love it when a cruise begins well.

You have to stay on top of things, and read CC. Since we booked, we have received upgrades, price drops, onboard allowances and pre-paid gratuities. I think by now my cruise councilor knows my email address by heart.

I hope you post a review - we would appreciate a heads-up before we board in June. From your previous posts, I have a feeling you are going to love it. Also, you are very lucky. We have yet to do a back-to-back cruise.

Smooth sailing to you.

Just wondered who or what a 'cruise councillor' is?

Swigso

Thanks for your advice. We are sailing on 14th February so too late to do anything about it.

Lynda

Lynda - it is never 'too late' - if there are rooms available in your category at a lower price right up to the date of sailing you can and should get a price drop. Please keep at your TA if this is the case as you are due a refund! The money will be refunded to your creditcard, not as OBC.

I paid only $1299 USD plus a $400 shipboard credit for my Mar 14 Quest Asian cruise (14 days). Not bad for a 6th floor veranda unit!

I would think that most people this side of the pond paid twice or three times that much even allowing for the drop in the value of sterling. No OBC either.

Since I currently have 4 cruises booked I have been keeping my eyes peeled and have seen on several occasions that US prices have been reduced but EU rates did not get the any price reduction while in some cases the US prices dropped more significantly than those of foreign prices....... We have seen the prices in Europe stay moire robust so far....

It seems like the prices took a steep dip in the US about a month ago. I was booked in a 10 night Med cruise for $1900/pp, that price dropped all the way to 1199 + all tips + $200 OBC per room....Good deal eh? It looks like the prices have bounced back a little, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dip again inside of 90 days...

I think UK and Europe should get North America cruise prices and we should get UK/Europe transatlantic airfare prices! My British cousins always get much better fares coming to see us than we can ever get going to visit them.

Albert

Kind regards

Lynda

Lynda, I feel really badly I dont have an answer for you yet..hang in, I will..I just wonder why you dont deal with an American TA??

Jancruz1

i usually check prices myself but i must say i have a wonderful ta who checks weekly for her clients. i haven't been reading azamara much since i have a cruise before this one so i like to concentrate on one sailing at a time. i read these postings today and i want to thank the op and everyone else for this information. we booked this ta when azamara first came out with it through the now closed cvc, got what we thought was a great deal with "free" airfare, and other amenities. thanks to all of you i saved another 200pp which while isn't thousands i'll take it anytime :D

i've always found cc helpful and this more then proves that!

jeralyn ;)

I'm also pretty interested in where you get to Jancruz as the final payment for my cruise is up and there's a good chance the prices will come tumbling in the next few weeks.

If you are in UK then it is exactly the same as in the USA - you see a price drop on your category, you call your TA or X direct and get it applied (only X if you booked through them) and you get the reduction - right up to sailing date....it is easy.

Thanks Albert..

Now how did my post disappear... did I say something I shouldn've?

The thing is, my TA has mentioned that no price reductions will be possible, no refunds of deposit. This def is quite strange as it doesn't seem to be the same as what's being said here. If the TA sticks to their guns, I might just forgo my deposit and go with another.

Thanks Albert..

Now how did my post disappear... did I say something I shouldn've?

The thing is, my TA has mentioned that no price reductions will be possible, no refunds of deposit. This def is quite strange as it doesn't seem to be the same as what's being said here. If the TA sticks to their guns, I might just forgo my deposit and go with another.

When you look at price of your cabin now online..is it lower than you paid/quoted when booked?

If it is then ask your TA for price drop, if they say no, ask for supervisor, if they still wont give it to you, request they check the terms & conditions in the brochure and also request a conference call with Azamara/RCCL/X so that you can hear for yourself that you are not entitled to a price drop.

There are lots of UK Cruisers who have got price drops after requesting them...stand your ground and good luck :D

Point to remember...you get all of the price drop..not just some...dont let TA say they are only giving half etc.

Archived