Bed configuration, aft balcony

rnff2

Hi all. I posted this on Princess, but no responses yet...

I was told today when I booked an aft balcony on the Emerald, for 3, myself, DH and 3yr old DS, that the beds could not be pushed togther. Then when I questioned them as to why, I was told that is the rule for every aft balcony no matter how many are in the cabin. We planned on the queen bed for us with DS in the upper. This sounds strange to me, why would so many people want aft cabins if they can't sleep togther :confused:. They did suggest we just request the beds togther when we get on board.

I thought maybe some of you with kids might know the answer to this.

Also do you think DS is old enough at 4 1/2 at time of cruise to sleep in the upper? He has been sleeping in a "big" bed since 1 yr of age and has yet to fall out of bed. They refused to pull down the bed last fall on the Sapphire and gave us a rollaway instead, I made them take out due to space and DS slept all week in bed with us :(.

Thanks in advance.

Kerri

Hi Kerri I saw your post on the main board and don't know the answer for sure, but I think they have to be wrong? I didn't check the room on the Princess Diagram but I assume it has a bed that pulls down from the ceiling. I see no reason why you couldn't have your beds together?

I did want to let you know I think there is a beam in your balcony area if you go to this thread: and look at the picture on post #6. Personally, it wouldn't bother me.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951

Also post #8 has a link to other threads. Some of there are a couple of years old I think any other issues have been taken care oh. I hope you can find out about the Bed issue soon.

Dianne

Thank Dianne,

Yes, it is a beam cabin. I did see the pics on the other thread. We had an aft on the Miracle already booked and switched to the Emerald, to join some friends, so I really didn't want to give up the aft cabin (I've always want to try and aft cabin), so we decided to try the beam cabin. We only had 2 aft cabins to choose from. Actually DH and I spend several hours this am trying to decide which cabin we wanted. I guess worst case we sleep in twin beds all week, or switch to a side balcony.

Thanks,

Kerri

I'm looking for pictures right now, we have had an AFT Mini suite of course no problem there and I have seen so many postings no one ever says they had to sleep in twins. We are going on the Golden in March and have an C752 no problem having a queen. I bet it will be just fine.:D

Thanks Dianne for all your help. I think I'm just feeling unsure of this cabin after giving up my pick of aft balconies in the Miracle. I only had 3 to choose from and the one I wanted my TA couldn't get b/c another TA I called for a quote put it on hold and the TA I booked with couldn't get my pick after 2 days of trying and I really think she gave up and didn't try hard enough, so I guess I'm just frustrated. And knowing there is a beam and then thinking that I paid the same $ for a 7day Emerald cruise as the 8day Miricle I cancelled. Also knowing I could have saved $200 booking a cabin on the side of the ship. I know no matter what we will be on vacation on a ship and will have a great time...

Again thank you.

Kerri

• 4 weeks later...

We have AFT cabins booked for the Ruby this summer and we have them as a queen, so I don't understand why they told you you couldn't do it.

As for your 4.5 YO, I think that he will be ok in the top bunk. They will put rails up so that he doesn't fall out, and since he has been in a big boy bed for so long, I don't see there being a problem with him sleeping up there, imho.

I couldn't find that specific room, but I found C752 and the bed is definitely pushed together - it's the same class of room from what I could tell - and does have the designation for a third pullman bead - i'll keep looking to see if I can find any pics of a room with that for you as well... if you drop me an email at nochecaliente80 at gmail I can update you that way if I find anything else...

Archived