Help...Pre Cruise Stay Ft Lauderdale

perfectdj

We made a bunch of phone calls as well as checked around cruise critic to find a hotel near the Pier in Fort Lauderdale. Nothing really cheap, we decided on Embassy suites, since it is all suites we only need 1 for all 5 of us...About 300.00 a night, parking for the week is available for a charge, as well as cooked to order breakfast at no charge and shuttle to the pier. We got a AAA discount and that took abit off the 300 dollars..good luck. We are going down Easter break and not too manhy rooms left...same issue for presidents week in February.

We are staying at Marriott's Courtyard at 400 Gulf Stream Way in Dania Beach in April. They have a shuttle service from the airport and to the ship, so we won't have to rent a car or take a taxi. I am a Marriott fan, and love the fact that they are totally non-smoking in the US, always have comfortable beds, and give us points for staying with them (easy to join online for free). Since we also use the Marriott Visa to pay for most things, we accumulate a lot of points and can use them to pay for hotel rooms.

Just go to http://www.marriott.com to see information about this hotel, or any others that are in the Fort Lauderdale area. Since I don't know the exact date you are looking to book, I didn't do a search for you, but you can search for deals at the various hotels that Marriott has in the area.

Enjoy your trip...Marsha

Hi,

We stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Sterling Rd.

They have a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the ship. In the morning, they have a nice breakfast.

It is located next to a shopping mall with a K-mart and other stores.

We typically pay around $139 for a suite which sleeps 4-6 (kids). A nice price and very clean.

Not fancy, but a wonderful way to start the cruise if you are not looking for something to upscale.

Have a nice cruise.

We just stayed at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise. Have stayed pre-cruise there many times in the past. GREAT hotel with lots of extras, including complimentary managers cocktail party in the evening for a couple of hours. Along with the cooked to order breakfast. Since we were there last they have upgraded all of the rooms with flat screen TV's in bedroom and living room areas, brighter colored walls and nicer furniture. It was a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it, we thought. ;)

Only difference we noticed is this time there was no free shuttle to the pier or transfer from the airport, the charge is $7 per person for the transfer to the pier (we took a taxi from the airport). We grabbed the shuttle this time as it was quicker and empty when we were ready to leave for Port Everglades, usually, we take a taxi.

A big plus to the Embassy Suites is there is a huge shopping center directly behind it. Publix, Total Wine and More, as well as many other shops and restaurants.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites~~nice amenities, can walk across the street to Chucks steakhouse for a great dinner or behind the hotel for another steakhouse or the "Grumpy Gator", a really fun place with really good pub grub type cuisine~~also Total wines is right there for your wine purchase for the ship if you so desire

always use priceline... for fll and miami, actually for all of my hotels... always get great prices go to bidding for travel and they will tell you what prices people are bidding , and what hotels they are getting. i find if you start the begining of the month to bid that the chance is better. they must have a quota that they sell for cheap, i get most hotels 3-4 star for around $45. 00:D

Courtyard Dania FL. They have a shuttle from the Ft Lauderdale A/P to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port. NO Charge. Nice seafood restaurant next door and a Bass Pro Shop to wander in. Reasonable but not cheap. It becomes cheaper when you figure that you do not have to pay for cabs.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place for $125/ night regular rate. The room was large, very clean, had a 47" HDTV, king bed, and nice corner unit couch in the sitting area. It is right next to the Embassy Suites and we walked a short distance to that shopping center and had a great Italian dinner at Angelo's Pizza and Pasta. Free shuttle from airport and to the cruise port. The hotel is kind of tucked away in a cul-de sac, and is perfect for one night pre cruise, but I would probably consider a diferent location for an extended stay.

We like anything on SE 17th St for proximity to the cruise port and our favorite restaurant, Southport Raw Bar on Cordoba St. Their web site (coupon!) is www.southportrawbar.com . We've stayed at Embassy Suites (our favorite) several times and are never disappointed. We've also stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites Ft. Lauderdale Port (free shuttle from airport and to cruise port) and the Renaissance. We always stop at the Publix behind Embassy Suites to stock up on wine and water before we board. Bon Voyage!

We stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania Florida. Free continental breakfast, free shuttle from airport and to cruise port. It was a nice hotel and I would stay again. This time they were a little more money than the La Quinta Inn and Suites so we decided to stay at the la Quinta this time. It also has the free shuttle and free breakfast

We just spent 2 nights at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper which got for $160 p/n on Priceline. The hotel is getting a little tired but a great location right on the Fort Lauderdale beach, about a $12 cab fare to cruise terminal. We had a super corner room looking down the beach.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania Florida. Free continental breakfast, free shuttle from airport and to cruise port. It was a nice hotel and I would stay again. This time they were a little more money than the La Quinta Inn and Suites so we decided to stay at the la Quinta this time. It also has the free shuttle and free breakfast

We also stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania a few years back, I will most likely be going back there before and after our upcoming cruise. I just checked the rates last night, it was under $100... LaQuinta was cheaper than that?

I have used Priceline many times over the years for hotels and car rentals in Fort Lauderdale. Weeks ago I started bidding $100 a night for Friday 1/30 for a 4-star downtown hotel. At $25.00 increments I was not successful even when I added 4 star/resort on the beach. Finally at $175 after nothing downtown....the beach (Pier 66) accepted the bid. I haved stayed there many times for under $100. Just the time of year and Fri night I guess. I'm happy though.....all the rates I saw advertised were in the $200-$300's for that night.

After that bid I used the same method for a pre-night on 2/21 (Sat night). Again $175 was the winning bid at Renaissance. I'm happy with that....but must admit I was hoping to get the Grand across the street (formally marina Marriott). I had stayed at that Marriott many times over the years and was there the night before the hurricane totalled it. Since The Grand took over I have not tried it.......maybe later this year. Just found out I'll need another night in FLL 2/20 so I'll call Renaissance and see if they'll honor the $175 bid I have for the next night. If they don't.......back to Priceline! Maybe I'll get to try the Grand.....and have to walk across the street. Lol, lol.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Ft Lauderdale to stay the night before - close to port. I am looking for mid price range....thanks! We need rooms for 8ppl in March.

All of the ones people recommended are good. I live in FL and can say that Marriott, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn are all about the same. Use your AAA or AARP or any other discount card that you can also. All hotels at the airport area, Dania and that area are right near the port. The port is simple and cheap to get to from airport. I would stay over there with no fuss or ado.

Enjoy.;)

We stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites on Sterling Rd.They have a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the ship. In the morning, they have a nice breakfast. .

We stayed at the Hampton Inn last Sept for 89.00 a night. Wanted the same hotel for this February but the price was closer to 250.00 per night-- nice place but i wanted soemthing cheaper then that price

We are staying at Marriott's Courtyard at 400 Gulf Stream Way in Dania Beach in April. They have a shuttle service from the airport and to the ship, so we won't have to rent a car or take a taxi. I am a Marriott fan, and love the fact that they are totally non-smoking in the US, always have comfortable beds, and give us points for staying with them (easy to join online for free). Since we also use the Marriott Visa to pay for most things, we accumulate a lot of points and can use them to pay for hotel rooms.

Just go to http://www.marriott.com to see information about this hotel, or any others that are in the Fort Lauderdale area. Since I don't know the exact date you are looking to book, I didn't do a search for you, but you can search for deals at the various hotels that Marriott has in the area.

Enjoy your trip...Marsha

We stayed here before and after our Ruby cruise in November. Very good choice. Clean comfortable rooms, pleasant service and an inexpensive breakfast. I would certainly stay here again. We were lucky with a very cheap price too.

Richard

I concur with this assessment. The Sleep Inn is also adjacent to a Walgreens and a strip mall with a Publix Supermarket and restaurants.

We are not getting in to Ft. Lauderdale until 10:30 p.m., so we are looking for something pretty cheap, considering we won't be there enough to care about amenities, and most of the free hotel shuttles don't seem to be running at that time anyway. I am assuming the ships are leaving from Port Everglades. Does anyone have experience with the Motel 6 on Stirling in Dania? I guess we would have to take a taxi to the port, and also from the airport, so maybe we are saving money on the hotel but will be paying for the transportation anyway. It is so hard when you are not familiar with the area at all! I would like to be near a store so I can get some snacks for the kids, but if that doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world.

Jennifer

Archived