NCL Web Site

Dave from Ont

LOL , hate to say it , but , been there done that , several times. Apparently it is a bit more complicated than just that. Must be a server problem from the Canadian end of things. :)

This Canadian in the southern US must be special then - at least for today. I wonder if they are trying out different languages until they find French?

I just thought it was practice for when we go to Mexico. Actually I was surprised to know so much Spanish.

:)

Blamar, who is your provider? It is working in Victoria with both Shaw and Telus for me. I'm not using a shotcut, just typing ncl.com

Blamar, who is your provider? It is working in Victoria with both Shaw and Telus for me. I'm not using a shotcut, just typing ncl.com

Hi- Just tried again. I use Shaw and it is still in spanish, however if I go through one of my bookmarks that enter in past the front door, then I go back to english. That is until I hit the NCL.com home button.

I too live in Canada and also ran into this problem this morning.

Same here. Very frustrating, since we're cruising on the Norwegian Dawn this weekend, and were seeking some necessary information. I'm surprised that nobody at NCL has noticed this and fixed it.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone - I know this is an old message thread, but the problem is back. I don't think it had anything to do with being in Canada.

I'm in Seattle, WA. I booked our first NCL cruise yesterday, over the phone. When I went to the website the home page was initially in English. Then I logged in and voila, I had the same European page in Spanish that is mentioned many times in the earlier threads. That's how I found this thread, in fact; I googled "why is the NCL website showing up in Spanish?" and this thread pops up. :mad:

Anyway, I use Firefox, not Internet Explorer. Deleting all the NCL cookies did not help. Then I went into the Firefox Options, and then the language settings. My list had been set to English, then Spanish, in that order. I deleted the Spanish entry. That solved the problem! :)

For some reason, the HTML code in the NCL website must be designed to recognize computers that have Spanish in the list of languages...and Spanish is frequently listed as a default, albeit after English.

At least I've solved the problem, and I can now complete the online checkin and get ready. Mexican Riviera on the NCL Star, 2/26, here we come. :eek:

Dan

Seattle, WA

Is it just me? I tried to log onto the NCL web site this morning and it keeps coming up in Spanish not English. Has anyone else has this problem today? Thanks for the help in advance.

No problema senor, oh lo siento, yo hablo espanol!

LOL

Archived