Classes of ships?

hotmonia

http://www.carnival.com click on fun ships. that will give you all the information that is needed.

Another place- http://www.cruiseclues.com

Difference is size. Fantasy class ships are the smallest of all. The the Destiny class has a few- Destiny being a tad differnt from the Victory or Triumph. then comes the spirit class then the Huge class Conquest series.

Each ship is basically set us the same as the sister ship (except the Destiny) but the decor/color is different from ship to ship.

Holiday class ships are the smallest in Carnival's fleet. Holiday was the first, the former Juiblee was second and Celebration was last. Holiday is slightly smaller then Celebration. Fantasy, Spirt and Conquest ships have identical tonnage, while the Destiny Class has some differences within it, namly the added deck around the funnel on Triumph and Victory, the removal of the cabins above the disco and some reworking of the Spa/Gymnasium decks in the forward portion of the ship.

Fantasy class does not have identical tonnage or interior layout. Elation and Paradise are 70,390 tons compared to 70,367 of Fantasy, with TOTALLY different drive systems. Also, there are at least 3 layouts of where the camp carnival is located. On Fantasy/Ecstasy it is deck 9 by the aft lounge, on Sensation through Inspiration its somewhere else, and on Elation and Paradise its on deck 12 where the old owners suites were.

Yeah I forgot about the Azipod on Elation and Paradise... I could never figure out why it wasent implemented on the Conquest ships. It can't be due to their size as Voyager class ships all employ Azipod. It certinally would reduce the heavy vibrations in the lower aft portions of Destiny class ships.

Hello everyone! I was wondering where I can get information on different types of ships. IE: Spirit Class, Destiny class... what is the difference?

M.

I hope I don't get a spanking for this but you could also look on expedia, icruise, yahoo, travelocity etc.

Yeah I forgot about the Azipod on Elation and Paradise... I could never figure out why it wasent implemented on the Conquest ships. It can't be due to their size as Voyager class ships all employ Azipod. It certinally would reduce the heavy vibrations in the lower aft portions of Destiny class ships.
I've asked and the answer I got was simply put azipods still aren't perfect, and they wanted to give it more time before implementing it on all newbuilds. However they do trust it plenty......they used them on QM2, the new HAL Vista Class, Costa Atlantica etc. as well as spirit class. Who knows. They may modify the conquest class design for the 2007 newbuild, and if they assign one of the other ones to CCL as well then that one could get them too. Conquest could use them. 3 stern thrusters really aren't all that powerful. They're good in the bow at 1.5-2mw each, but in the stern, there's a lot more mass, and the captain and staff captain have told me that they much prefer pods in the stern for sheer maneuvering power.

Archived