Noordam - 01/23/09 - Good Nuts!

RevNeal

Greetings from Fort Lauderdale!

It's time for to depart from the Hotel Courtyard by Marriot (on the beach) and head over to the Cruise Terminal for embarkation aboard the lovely ms Noordam! This has been a nice hotel, with a great location, and I would stay here again if I ever need to do a pre-cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. For now, however, I'm more than ready to transfer to the ship. It's been 6 months since I had my feet on deck and I'm really looking forward to it!

Blessings on everybody staying ashore, or wherever you may be, and you'll "see us" at the Webcam wave!!!!!!!! :D

BON VOYAGE!!! Have a wonderful cruise! :D

Carol, how is Sam doing? Better I hope.

Marge

Thanks for asking, Marge. yes, Sam is doing better, just not well enough to travel yet. I'm sorry we had to make the decision to cancel this cruise, but I know it was the right thing to do.:(

Greetings from Fort Lauderdale!

It's time for to depart from the Hotel Courtyard by Marriot (on the beach) and head over to the Cruise Terminal for embarkation aboard the lovely ms Noordam! This has been a nice hotel, with a great location, and I would stay here again if I ever need to do a pre-cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. For now, however, I'm more than ready to transfer to the ship. It's been 6 months since I had my feet on deck and I'm really looking forward to it!

Blessings on everybody staying ashore, or wherever you may be, and you'll "see us" at the Webcam wave!!!!!!!! :D

Bon Voyage all you Good Nuts. We will be on Nordam on the Feb 22 sailing for 20 days!!!!!

Could you do some detective work for us please? We would like to know who will be the Captain, Hotel Director and CD for that cruise? Also, can you find out who will be in the Piano Bar? If it is the same as you have, is he/she really good? One of our group is a singer and last time we went, she sang almost every evening with the piano player and became rather well known around the ship. She is totally blind and this activity was so exciting for her and she just loved entertaining the other guests in the piano bar.

Have a wonderful trip and take care of the Nordam for us. Thanks for any information you can gather for us.

God Speed;):)

You all have a wonderful time. I know you will. Say hello to the gang for me. Last time I saw most of you was before we disembarked the Eurodam while you were remaining on for the Baltic leg. It HAS been six months, hasn't it? Lots has happened in my life since then! :eek:

See that RuthC has a mininum daily requirement of chocolate!

May the tradewinds be favorable.

Thank you, Lisa, an to all who participated in our Webcam wave. We had more than 20 people -- 20 - 25 -- out on the Deck-5 Forward for the webcam wave. Then, a large group gathered in the Penthouse (port side) for sail away. It was very nice, indeed, and THANK YOU Bev for hosting us!!!!! You and your family were so very gracious.

I'm back in my cabin, now, resting and getting ready to wash and get dressed for drinks in the Ocean Bar prior to 8 pm dinner. It's very good to have HAL deck beneath my feet, again, and to now be at sea! And, it's especially good to be with dear friends, like so many of my CCer buddies.

We're all doing well -- thus far -- and looking forward to 10 glorious days aboard the ms Noordam!

Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow are sea days. GOOD ... because I need that time to relax. :D

Peace, all!

Archived