Noordam - 01/23/09 - Good Nuts!

RevNeal

Brian, Sandy Lane looks gorgeous, and thank you for the link. Lunch is a must do there. I can see why people love Barbados. I'm really excited now. I was surprised at how quickly the cabins were selling out on the cruises; it was only because of the incredible Ms G that I was able to secure the cabin.

Oh Poo...

...and we probably shouldn't do the Feb 13th departure since that's a school holiday.

Well, I'd certainly enjoy going back to Megan's Bay and having lunch at Cuzzins...

...and Barbados is lovely - We'll have to get a car to take us to Sandy Lane for a deluxe luncheon on the terrace.

(Don't forget to wear something Pink!)

;)

http://www.sandylane.com/

We loved Aruba and Curacao, Brian. I can see what you mean about the ABC's. Beautiful. Interesting that the trade winds prevent the high humidity that's found in other Caribbean islands.

I think the worries about school vacation week might be all for naught re the Noordam. I've been keeping my eye on the Roll Call for the 2/12 cruise (same time frame) and it didn't seem over-run with kiddies. Now that she's going out of FL, the appeal from the Northeast is gone. In FL, there's more competition, more compatible choices for families, the Eurodam 7-day for instance.

Check out Gladys Cafe in St. Thomas, Brian. You'd love it! Gladys works the bar and belts out Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, etc., tunes as she works. I'd seen an article in the Cape Air mag last summer (Cape Air leaves Nantucket in the winter and does the Caribbean), so wanted to check it out. A limited website at www.gladyscafe.com.

And, BTW, you look fabulous in pink!

I'll email you a photo of you in your pink jacket...I don't to post it here w/o your permission!

Great picture of Brian, Sheila. What's the ginger tea for?

I'm a bit under the weather with a stomach thing...not feeling dreadful but not great either. Brian suggested tea, ginger, applesauce & rice. I'd forgotten about the applesauce. I do have ginger tea that I'm drinking!

Sheila, thanks for the link as well. Please feel better soon. It seems that there is so much going around. The constant weather change here in Florida doesn't help much, one day hot, then next day cold.

I hope that you and Brian will be able to join us on the Feb 3rd sailing. It would be such fun to get the Good Nuts together again.

Brian, you are very handsome in the pink; loved it then; love it now.

Sheila, thanks for the link as well. Please feel better soon. It seems that there is so much going around. The constant weather change here in Florida doesn't help much, one day hot, then next day cold.

I hope that you and Brian will be able to join us on the Feb 3rd sailing. It would be such fun to get the Good Nuts together again.

Thanks, Bev. I'm finally feeling better tonight. It's been a long three days! :(

Believe me, there's nothing we'd like better than a Good Nuts Reunion cruise. This cruise was absolutely the best! What a fantastic, fabulous, fun group of people! :D

There's a lot of that going around, Sheila. Hope you feel better soon.I'm typing from my new acer and love this thing.

Thanks, Carol. I can honestly say that tonight is the 1st time since early Tuesday that I've felt myself! That's a good feeling. :D

Thanks so much, Bev - You're too sweet!

(I'm staying warm under a navy and white HAL throw right now - a nice gift from a special friend)

I'm now going to be fickle: :o

Scotty called this evening to twist my arm so in response I called Miss G and left her a message to book me on the 15-Day "Voyage of the Spammed Reunion" aboard Zaandam to Hawaii - If I'm correct, it's the March 12, 2010 sailing out of San Diego.

Bev and Sheila - Wanna come to Hawaii instead and do "Good Nuts Reunion" Winter of 2011?

I'll bet there will be a special shore-excursion: Hannah's Little Sister's First Birthday Luau...

;)

Check out Gladys Cafe in St. Thomas, Brian. You'd love it! Gladys works the bar and belts out Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, etc., tunes as she works. I'd seen an article in the Cape Air mag last summer (Cape Air leaves Nantucket in the winter and does the Caribbean), so wanted to check it out. A limited website at www.gladyscafe.com.

And, BTW, you look fabulous in pink!

Sheila -

Thanks for sending me that picture - Boy was I sunburned that night!

Gladys' looks like a great place - I'll have to check it out next time we're in St Thomas (and avoiding Havensite like the plague...)

I hope you're feeling much better - get some rest and have some hot soup!

Brian, i've got mother putting in a call to Miss G today so the wheels are in motion!! oooh i'm getting excited already and it's over a year away! :eek:

myself, longtimecruiser, bepsf and sir scott on March 12, 2010, Zaandam to HAWAII!!!:cool:

we're coming to see you Mary, Keaka and HANNAH!!:D:D

Brian, how could you say no to Scotty; it's Scotty asking? Of course you are going on the Hawaii sailing. I know you will have an incredible time. Count us in on the 2011 reunion of the Good Nuts though.

Miss Emily, we must have been posting at the same time. I'm so excited for you. You will all have a fabulous time.

It won't be a full reunion of the Good Nuts - some of us have had plans for a year now to return/go to Antarctica Jan/Feb 2011.

that's right Mary Ellen, i didn't get to go last time so i'm really excited for that trip!

how about Hawaii 2010 for you?? mother and i are booked, as well as Brian, Scotty, his mother and Tija, and Richard and Heather!!:D:D

...Here's a great itinerary aboard our favorite ship - It even hits all of the ABC's:

CS0010.jpg

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?durationCode=3&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=&flexibleMonths=false&pageNumber=1&voyageCode=N014&destCode=C&dateCode=2_2010

What do you think of the Jan 4th or Jan 24th departures?

Hi Brian, I like the look of this itinerary. Keep me posted on Good Nut reunion! Loretta

Brian, i've got mother putting in a call to Miss G today so the wheels are in motion!! oooh i'm getting excited already and it's over a year away! :eek:

myself, longtimecruiser, bepsf and sir scott on March 12, 2010, Zaandam to HAWAII!!!:cool:

we're coming to see you Mary, Keaka and HANNAH!!:D:D

Hi Emily, Hawaii you say, hum, a pre Good Nut reunion? ....Not planning 2010 yeat but will think about it!

Oh, now I'm a bit envious with Heather and Richard going as well. You will have a fabulous time in Hawaii, and not as far to fly either.

Yes, Bev, it's my treat for Heather's birthday - a BIG one!! I told her this afternoon and there were tears all around:D

I soooo want to fly to San Diego to join the entire cruise (and sail back home). If I can't make that work, I will put together a SPECIAL shore excursion for those interested when you visit Oahu!! I'm so excited!!!!!

And yes! We'll be able to celebrate Jacqueline's (spelling still undecided) soon to be 1st birthday!!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. My harddrive broke last Sunday, so I had to have another computer built. I got a RAID Mirror system this time ;)

...I just booked Nana and Apa on the "Voyage of the Spammed Reunion" this afternoon too!

When Apa asked Nana, she replied "It would be a shame to be on the West Coast and not go to Hawaii with Brian..."

ccers01.JPG

ccers04.JPG

(Just started a thread on the Zaandam Roll-Calls)

:)

Archived