Celebrity Infinity Cabins

laverendrye

We're planning a cruise on Infinity from BA to Valparaiso in January 2010 and are looking for some advice on choice of cabins. Currently we're looking at Concierge Class.

I understand that for this particular itinerary that Starboard side is preferable, but how much difference does it make? As well, with the possibility of rough seas around the Horn, does it make sense to choose a lower deck and a cabin mid-ship, or is that a major factor. It seems that there are some attractive CC cabins at the stern. Are these preferable to others?

I'm posting this on the Celebrity Board as well.

I'm sure we'll have many more questions as our plans evolve

Thanks

We're planning a cruise on Infinity from BA to Valparaiso in January 2010 and are looking for some advice on choice of cabins. Currently we're looking at Concierge Class.

I understand that for this particular itinerary that Starboard side is preferable, but how much difference does it make? As well, with the possibility of rough seas around the Horn, does it make sense to choose a lower deck and a cabin mid-ship, or is that a major factor. It seems that there are some attractive CC cabins at the stern. Are these preferable to others?

I'm posting this on the Celebrity Board as well.

I'm sure we'll have many more questions as our plans evolve

Thanks

We just cruised in aft cabin 7206 and loved it because of the huge balcony with lounge chairs as well as table and chairs. It is a bit rougher when you are on either end of the ship but it didn't really bother us--even in the roughest of seas. The aft balconies on deck 7 are the largest; they get smaller as you get higher on the ship. I would book this cabin again in a heart beat. We were able to eat breakfast on our deck on a couple of our port days but then it got to be too cold and too wet -- even though a good portion of the balcony is quite well protected from the weather. Also note that these cabins were originally marketed as 1B cabins and they are still the width of the standard balcony cabins -- in other words, getting around the end of the bed is a bit tight.

The ship does not cruise around the island known as Cape Horn. It cruises to its eastern side and then the ship attempts, seas and winds permitting, a 360 degree turn so that the tiny island can be seen from all sides of the ship. On our cruise, the Captain was unable to do a full 360 turn; the winds were against him that day. For this reason, a starboard cabin is suggested; however, it is not necessary since you can easily go on deck or into the Constellation Lounge to enjoy the view. We had a great view from our aft cabin. Regardless of where you are, don't forget your binoculars.

The ship does not enter the Pacific at Cape Horn but sails north again into the Tierra del Fuegan archipelago making for the Beagle Channel and Ushuaia.

BTW, we had not originally booked the aft cabin. It wasn't available at the time. However, I was keeping a careful eye on the Celebrity website and when it became available, I asked to switch to it.

Seems this itinerary is best done from BA to Valparaiso. I understand from the cruise director that when sailing from Santiago that you go by the fjords and the glaciers at night not during daylight. I hope that someone who sailed from Santiago will confirm or correct this. Also, the Falklands are a must see port.

Finally, some of the best tour information can be found on the roll calls for the 2009 sailings--if you have the patience to wade through them. :) Our thread for the Jan 4 sailing is still active and we are happy to answer questions.

Thanks for your helpful advice. It came down to a choice between aft cabins on deck 9 and 6143, and in the end we chose 6143 for its size and location. It seems that we were lucky as I understand that 6143 is one of the prime CC cabins on the Millennium class ships.

I am booked on the 1/3/10 cruise on Infinity and have an aft Concierge Class cabin. I had one of these cabins on the Constellation for a Baltic cruise and they are fabulous. You have a 180 degree view so no matter what is going on in the landscape you can see it. The balconies are huge. And I think they will be particularly great for South America because it will probably be cold and windy down around Cape Horn and these balconies buffet you from the wind. Other than that I don't think Concierge Class is worth paying much extra for.

Those Concierge Class aft cabins are very tough to get but if there are none currently available keep checking the Celebrity booking website daily. Sometimes they free up.

Archived