St. John travel

sscruising

We went to ST. John last year & absolutely loved it!! However, we just grabbed cabs & the ferry on our own & it ended up costing us a small fortune:eek:! Other than booking through the lines, is there any cost effective way to get there? We are on the Explorer in August. When we were there last year, we went to Trunk Bay which was gorgeous!!

Sandi

I've been doing this for years. There's really no other way, booking thru the cruises lines is even less cost effective when it comes to St. John. It's taxi, ferry, taxi/or rent a car on St. John. If your gonna spend your whole day at Trunk then there's really no reason to rent a car on St. John either. If you wanna save $$$ bring something to eat and a BIG bottle of water over to St. John the food and water over there is incredibly expensive I bought a bottle of water at the US Parks service snack bar at Trunk Bay it was $5 a bottle:eek: If you know of any other way to save money on this please let me know, but your right even for a single like myself it can nickel and dime you silly.:rolleyes: Todd

If your cruise ship offers a catamaran trip to St John really consider that option as you will be taken to beautiful snorkeling reefs and really enjoy the boat ride from St Thomas to St John. Also you won't have to worry about coming back to your ship late as the cruise ship will not leave until all the shore excursions have returned.

You can also save money by hiking to Honeymoon Bay fron the National Park Visitors Center in Cruz Bay. They will have a trail map and directions. There are no anenities at Honeymoon Bay however so use the bathroom at the visitors center and fill up with water. It is about a 30 minute hike.

Taxi fares are set by destination, per person and taxi drivers are all supposed to follow the set rates; Havensight to Red Hook is $10 pp, ow.

The $2 note made by TheVegasMan is not for a cab/taxi; its for the 'dollar ride'/public transporation on St. Thomas.

--Islander

Archived