Miracle 1/24/09 as it happens...

GOTTA CRUISE NOW

let me know what nights you would recommend going to the supper club?

sounds like your having fun... !!!! YEAH...

is your ship crowded...I think ours is almost sold out... just a few left...like under 5...:(

thanks for your answers..

Barb

They said we are sold out. MOST of the time, it's ok. But there have been a few times when it's been crowded. Look later on today for Saturday's review.... :p I almost wish we had gotten back a day early!:eek:

Hey all!

Home at last! :):( Yeah, mixed feelings. Let me tell you about Saturday and Sunday, then I will upload some pics from the week... was unable to upload them to photobucket this week while on the cruise. It would freeze every time I tried. I figure it was too difficult with the sattelite connection maybe?

Saturday 1/31/09

Fun Day at Sea #4

Woke up to a cold, windy, rough sea day...:(

Translation: EVERYONE was inside!!! Don't know why they didn't cover the pool area. People could have at least sat out there to enjoy breakfast, lunch, whatever. For lunch on the Lido there were NO tables. I walked around the entire Horatio's restaurant 5 times. 5 TIMES! There was even 1 couple putting a puzzle together at one of the tables! We decided to go to our rooms. They got food from upstairs and brought it down. I ordered room service for one last REUBEN!!! Mmm...

Played trivia, lost by one point... No plastic piece of ship on a stick for me!

Played bingo for the cruise. Lost that by 1 number. No free cruise for me!

Played the nickel slots. Broke even.

Went to the debarkation talk. Same old, same old...

PACKED!!!:( I hate that part...

Went to our last dinner, then the Legends show.

Put my luggage out & went to bed.

Sunday 2/1/09

Disembarkation Day

Woke up about 4:30 AM & turned the tv on to see what it looked like. (One of the odd things about having an inside room)It was still dark, but I could see the lights of Ft Lauderdale in the distance. We were docked by 5:30. I got dressed and took all my stuff up to the Lido deck to get a table to wait it out... our luggage tags were #25. (out of 25):rolleyes:

Ate my last omelet (with salsa) [i am REALLY going to miss that salsa!!!]

Waited...

We were off the ship by 9:30. Our hotel shuttle didn't get there until 10:30. Their van had broken down and they had to borrow another one.

All said and done, we were on the road by 11:45 AM.

Got home at 5 AM the next morning!!!:rolleyes:

Time to get back to the real world!

2009January24familycruise22.jpg

Gar & Marilyn checking out the dock

2009January24familycruise26.jpg

Oh, yeah! We are cool!

2009January24familycruise29.jpg

How cute is this big turtle? He was swimming around the ships in port.

2009January24familycruise51.jpg

As we were leaving Port Everglades, the Splendour was highlighted by the setting sun...

2009January24familycruise56.jpg

A cool & windy sendoff...

2009January24familycruise61.jpg

Leaving as the sun sets in the background

Loved the review. I too like St. Maarten as for convience of shopping. better than St. Thomas. Plus I go to St. Maarten to a small shop on one of the side streets to get great deals on flavored rum. chocolate is one I buy all the time.

We also had rain our last trip to the Islands. everyday. both onboard on sea days and while in ports. Halloween was the rough day. water splashing from the pool on Glory up at least 20 feet in the air, and back down. Wind howling through the entry way to the Grand Atrium. spooky for Halloween night.

The new dock in St. Maarten is for the bigger ships ie...Dream and the ones RCCL is building, as well as Disney.

I hope there are not 9 ships in port when we go in November.

could you do more pics of the actual ship please.

food pics...

2009January269.jpg

This was an emanada(sp?) Sorry! started to eat it before I took the pic.:o

2009January2511.jpg

This was a pear sald. How gorgeous is that?

2009January2614.jpg

Chocolate melting cake. Hmmm... There seems to be a bite out of it!?

2009January2615.jpg

Ohhhh! That explains it!

2009January2861.jpg

Vegetarian Lasagne... IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!

2009January3078.jpg

This was a dessert with chocolate/ honey/ and phyllo dough...

It was by far the worst thing we had to eat on this cruise.

It was tough & chewy. PLUS...

It was VERY hard getting past the look of it.

2009January30.jpg

a crab and lobster cake... THE BEST EVER!

2309002.jpg

2309004.jpg

2309005.jpg

2309006.jpg

Cappuccino pie!!!

Doing a "teeth check"

2009January2862.jpg

Doing my own "teeth check" w/ my spoon...

2009January2863.jpg

A blue margarita... oh yeah!

2009January3063.jpg

LOL love the teeth check!!! OMG Blue Margarita's they were my new favourite on our last cruise. I have the carnival drink book and have tried making them a couple times I have never gotten them to taste the same!! Thanks for the great review and all the pics. I dont think I am going to order that one desert kinda looks like someone fished something outa the kiddy pool and put pastry around it :eek:

We walked around heratio's like 10x before we found a table where we could do that puzzle...and it took us 3 hours...

How fun !! now that's what I call a relaxing cruise... I love puzzles, and doing one right next to the ocean. can't get any better than that !!!

Same here when i was on her in July they had a late show. When we were going in for dinner they were going in to the show and then we would go to the late show after out dinner.... I still have my capers and yes.. there was always two shows!!

The main seating is at 6 PM. Their show is at 8:45 PM.

The late seating is at 8:15 PM. Their show is at 7 PM.

I've had the shows like this on the Glory 2 years ago, too. MUCH prefer dinner & a show. NOT show & dinner. Just my personal preference...:cool:

WOW! I've never had a cruise scheduled like this. I think i would like the Dinner and then going to the show after! Interesting.. Thanks for the info.

OMG Blue Margarita's they were my new favourite on our last cruise. I have the carnival drink book and have tried making them a couple times I have never gotten them to taste the same!! :eek:

I know. They went down Soooo smoothly! I have the drink book, too. I was going to try to make them as well. That's a bummer that they don't turn out. Maybe there's a secret ingredient they don't tell you about? Sea air?

Archived