Kids programs- Celebrity or RC

stsomewhere

We have never sailed on Celebrity. But, I was very interested in the 11 nightMarch 29, 2010 sailing on the Equinox(sp?]. It is over Easter so there should be other kids.

Our kids will be 11 and 9 at time of sailing.

They have sailed on RC a few times and enjoyed it (smaller ships).

Carnival -they hated the kids program.

I am worried aif they would have a good time in the kids club on Celebrity.

I have read some short responses saying it was good but no details.

Also, read responses saying people were making comments that kids were ruining their cruise and they should not sail on Celebrity.

Opninions please.

Thanks

Also, read responses saying people were making comments that kids were ruining their cruise and they should not sail on Celebrity.

That isn't cruise line specific. People make those comments on every line.

The kids program on Celebrity is visibly smaller than RC's. But, I have never seen as big a kids and teens area as on RC's Voyager and Freedom Class ships.

You did mention your RC cruise was a smaller ship. If it was Sovereign Class or Vision Class, the kids area is about the same on Celebrity Solstice Class.

Of course, I'm talking about the physical area. I don't know much about the actual program.

RCI has more things onboard that the programs take advantage of (rock wall, for example). I've only been on 1 Princess and 1 X, but I think Princess' should be comparable to RCI's. The rooms themselves wont differ much. Solstice class ships have the same centers as other comparable ships in the industry (games, TVs, computers, air hockey, etc.) The older the kids, the less they use the scheduled activites. Your kids, depending on how much they utilize the programs, should have fun. The quality of the program really depends on the number of kids sailing in the specific age groups.

On the Caribbean Princess, there were about 600 kids from toddlers to teenagers. On Century, there were a handful of kids in the Fun Factory and a total of 7 teenagers. They didn't do much with us (teenagers) as far as scheduled activities (We did a lot on our own), but we did get good use out of the actual Xclub room.

Because you're looking at a cruise over a holiday, there will definately be many, many more onboard, so they will schedule the full spectrum of activites.

Just returned from Solstice (sister to Equinox) with my 9 and 7 year old daughters. We have sailed previously on Royal Caribbean Voyager-class ships.

We found both RC and X kids programs excellent, with motivated friendly staff. The girls generally preferred the kids programs to accompanying mom and dad to port. I'll give a slight edge to kids programs on Voyager-class ships for size of facilities and their kids circus down the Royal Promenade, but either way its kiddie paradise.

Archived