"Evolution of Fun" on the Elation

Kissara22

According to a thread a few days back I understand that the Elation will be going through Dry-Dock in Late Feb, early March. I was curious to know if there are any actual websites that might be more detailed on the exact changes on the Elation specifically. I've read that when the Sensation, and Inspiration ( least I know a few have, if not necessarily those specific ships) got their full "Evolution" makeover it took a little over a month, but the Elation I think will only be out for just a couple of weeks.

Can anyone out there in Cruise Critic land elaborate on how the drydock works or maybe lead me in the right direction?

I was on her in September, and I'm looking forward to her again this April. I'm just really excited to see the changes, if any, and how many!

Thanks all. :)

March 2009 is good news.

The Inspiration, Imagination, Fantasy have all been done. The Sensation is in the works as we type.

I believe the Ecstasy is headed that way in September...so if the Elation is scheduled for March 2009...that only leaves the Paradise and the Fascination to be done...

woo hoo!!

I believe the Elation will only be in dry dock for 3 weeks for a basic maintaince check-up. The EoF on the other ships were in for 6 weeks of dry dock. I don't think the Evolutions of Fun are being installed on the Elation during this upcoming drydock.

I believe the Elation will only be in dry dock for 3 weeks for a basic maintaince check-up. The EoF on the other ships were in for 6 weeks of dry dock. I don't think the Evolutions of Fun are being installed on the Elation during this upcoming drydock.

I've read in other threads that the Elation will not get the full EOF upgrade in March, just the Serenity area and some other unrelated things. The March drydock is really only 2 weeks and 2 days, not even a full 3 weeks, 2/23 - 3/11.

I believe they will be generally sprucing up the ship, adding Serenity and the Mongolian BBQ...same upgrades as they did with the Paradise for 2 weeks in Dec08.

I just hope they replace the TV's...that they did not to on the Paradise..still the old tube style tv's with funny colored screens.

It was a challenge watching The Dark Knight on such a dark screen :o

I believe they will be generally sprucing up the ship, adding Serenity and the Mongolian BBQ...same upgrades as they did with the Paradise for 2 weeks in Dec08.

I just hope they replace the TV's...that they did not to on the Paradise..still the old tube style tv's with funny colored screens.

It was a challenge watching The Dark Knight on such a dark screen :o

They did replace the curtains and shower curtains on the Riviera deck on the Paradise over MLK weekend, though.:D

• 2 months later...

I'm sort of resurrecting an old thread but I am curious about the "notes" listed. Is Carnival SERIOUSLY not adding the Waterworks and such till 2012? Or is this just a typo and should be 02/12? Anyone sailed the Elation recently to say what sort of upgrades she got while in Dry Dock? :confused:

I'm sort of resurrecting an old thread but I am curious about the "notes" listed. Is Carnival SERIOUSLY not adding the Waterworks and such till 2012? Or is this just a typo and should be 02/12? Anyone sailed the Elation recently to say what sort of upgrades she got while in Dry Dock? :confused:

*Renovations planned for 2009 Drydock: 2/26/09-3/11/09:*

* "Circle C" Young Teens club will be added to Atlantic Deck 8

(previously, the card room), featuring a high-tech sound and

lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music

videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest

video games and consoles.

* "Evolutions of Fun": Serenity Adults-Only Retreat Area

* Children's wading pool will be moved to Verandah Deck 11 aft

section, replacing one of the whirlpools.

* A variety of cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall

coverings and tile work throughout the ship.

* Internet WIFI access will be bow-to-stern

* A Mongoian Wok station and Rotissiere will be added to the Lido

Restaurant

I believe the confusion with the Evolutions of fun comes from the fact that they did get the Serenity area, and that is part of Evolutions of Fun, but at this point they're not getting the waterworks.

On cruise deckplans it says it is not happening until 2012, but I have heard that it is going to happen in 2010. I don't know why they just didn't take her out for another 2 weeks and get the whole renovation done with. If they didn't want to do the whole thing right now, they should of at least redid the rooms to look like the other ships and replaced the tvs.

Well too bad they didn't do the whole "Evolutions of Fun" deal, but atleast we got the Serenity adult only spot. This place will be nice for us to relax. It also looks like it is in the back of the ship so I imagine you get a pretty good view. I love just staring out into the ocean and not seeing any buildings and such. It really makes me feel I'm on vacation.

On cruise deckplans it says it is not happening until 2012, but I have heard that it is going to happen in 2010. I don't know why they just didn't take her out for another 2 weeks and get the whole renovation done with. If they didn't want to do the whole thing right now, they should of at least redid the rooms to look like the other ships and replaced the tvs.

You would think especially with the Elation going back to Cabo and all (nice new ship - well updated - for that run especially since other cruise lines are limiting their offerings). I sailed the Sensation right before her Evolution of Fun dry dock and now, it looks like I am going to sail the Elation BEFORE her complete Evolution of Fun too!! Oh well. At least I can enjoy the Serenity area :)

P.S. What is Cruise Deckplans? Just curious :o

Don't like to write too much at one time. But had a wonderful time watching all the 'bucket heads' around enjoying spring break. There were actually a few that were wearing the buckets on their heads. I fell asleep during the day on the Lido with them all running around. Guitar Mike had the Atrium rocking, doing the Mexican Wave and all. Never seen so many people hanging at the railings there.

Felt safe in Ensenada. Saw police and Military patrolling cruising the streets. Did our 5 mile walk and had lunch and stopped at two of the supermarkets for stuff we cannot get in SoCal.

No complaints at all.

Archived