Electricity Question

nowornever

We're doing our packing for the Regatta & can't remember from the previous trip if the electrical outlet in the bathroom for a night light is the standard US 110 plug end or a 220 round end European style. Is the socket in the wall mounted hair dryer?

Isn't there an outlet under the desk area? Is it 220?

Help.....thanks.

We're doing our packing for the Regatta & can't remember from the previous trip if the electrical outlet in the bathroom for a night light is the standard US 110 plug end or a 220 round end European style. Is the socket in the wall mounted hair dryer?

Isn't there an outlet under the desk area? Is it 220?

Help.....thanks.

Our bathroom had a permanent greenish glow nightlight. The plug by the desk was US (I remember using it for my hairdryer.) Husband believes there was one of each kind there.

The greenish glow nightlight in the bathroom s not permanent; it is plugged into a 110v shaver outlet in the wall mounted hair dryer. One limit -- that 110v plug has small slots on both sides (like the old-fashioned extensions cords), so plugs with one "fat" side (designed to provide proper polarization) will not fit. The nightlight makes a faint humming sound, which DW could hear (there are advantages to being a hard-of-hearing male in denial ;)), so she unplugged it. We tend to just leave the bathroom light on, which is probably what they are trying to prevent by providing the nightlights.

There is not plug under the desk that I have found, and I have looked. There are two 110v standard US outlets (which a polarized plug or a 3-prong plug will fit, and two European 220v outlets which accept the 2 round pins.

That's not enough outlets to handle camera chargers, phone chargers, hand held hair dryer and laptop power supply, so I carry a power strip.

Archived