century lobster question

San Diego Ellie

We were on the Century 5 night in January - they don't serve lobster tails on formal night - they do have a mixed lobster, shrimp, and scallop item on the menu. It had one very small rock lobster tail (not much bigger than a jumbo shrimp and no drawn butter) with a large shrimp, and some scallops.

We were on the Century 5 night in January - they don't serve lobster tails on formal night - they do have a mixed lobster, shrimp, and scallop item on the menu. It had one very small rock lobster tail (not much bigger than a jumbo shrimp and no drawn butter) with a large shrimp, and some scallops.

That's too bad. I was hoping Celebrity would serve lobster & drawn butter at least one night on our cruise. The mixed seafood sounds just like what I had on Carnival on formal night, on my last cruise.

Yes it was very disappointing to me as I do not eat scallops and most shrimp (except shrimp cocktail and fried breaded shrimp) - but I do love lobster tails.

Actually, I was very disappointed in the new menus on the Century. Most nights we only liked one thing on the menu - on the old ones we always had a hard time choosing a dish. In fact, one night there was one night out of the five where there wasn't anything that either my husband or I liked. We ended up eating in the alternative casual dining - our very first time eating in that venue on a Celebrity cruise because with the old menus there were always at least two menu items for most courses that we really enjoyed.

If you are lactose intolerant, plan on skipping dessert on the Baked Alaska night - all the desserts were milk based (cheesecake, ice cream, baked Alaska).

I am on the Century in March. I have always loved the lobster tails. the food is one the reasons I sail with Celebrity. I think if you feel that the food was not a good you should e-mail Celebrity. Maybe if alot of people complained they might do something about it. Sometimes it helps sometimes it does not but worth a try.

We were on the Soltice and second the mixed seafood. The lobster tail was the size of a Langostino. We had dinner at Red Lobster last night and their special was a lobster tail 3x larger than what Solstice served. That was the only meal out of 14 lunches and dinners in the MDR that was poor and I rated them a 5 out of 5 plus (95%).

I am on the Century in March. I have always loved the lobster tails. the food is one the reasons I sail with Celebrity. I think if you feel that the food was not a good you should e-mail Celebrity. Maybe if alot of people complained they might do something about it. Sometimes it helps sometimes it does not but worth a try.

I wrote on my comment card and on the survey that they sent after my cruise. Celebrity did not get all excellents from us on our comment card regarding dining on this cruise and I did write comments about my disappointment with the food menus.

Just a note: the buffet food at lunch had improved quite a bit from our past Celebrity cruises - but there wasn't any garlic bread available at the pasta station. The improvement at lunch buffet was a very welcome change as the dining room is closed for lunch while in port.

The other thing that I was disappointed with was the hours for the pizza station, the Aqua Spa Cafe - etc. On our Millie cruise in Nov/Dec 07, the pizza station was open until 1am and the Aqua Spa Cafe was open until about 7 or 8pm. On the Century earlier this month, the pizza station closed at 11pm and the Aqua Spa Cafe closed at 3pm.

Yes it was very disappointing to me as I do not eat scallops and most shrimp (except shrimp cocktail and fried breaded shrimp) - but I do love lobster tails.

Actually, I was very disappointed in the new menus on the Century. Most nights we only liked one thing on the menu - on the old ones we always had a hard time choosing a dish. In fact, one night there was one night out of the five where there wasn't anything that either my husband or I liked. We ended up eating in the alternative casual dining - our very first time eating in that venue on a Celebrity cruise because with the old menus there were always at least two menu items for most courses that we really enjoyed.

If you are lactose intolerant, plan on skipping dessert on the Baked Alaska night - all the desserts were milk based (cheesecake, ice cream, baked Alaska).

You can always order fresh berries for dessert.

Archived