lunch with a sea view - recommendations?

Lobbylin

We are docking from 9-5pm and plan on taking a taxi to the Concorde Experience first, then would like to head somewhere nice (shaded outdoor terrace, water views, no LOUD music:D) for a local lunch, maybe on the beach somewhere or at a resort, and then be able to walk down to the waters edge for a swim in shallow waters as not a good swimmer.

All accessible by local taxi please.

All suggestions welcome. I have read up on the Boatyard,and did like the sound of that, but was put off by comments of loud music and 20yr olds....

We are docking from 9-5pm and plan on taking a taxi to the Concorde Experience first, then would like to head somewhere nice (shaded outdoor terrace, water views, no LOUD music:D) for a local lunch, maybe on the beach somewhere or at a resort, and then be able to walk down to the waters edge for a swim in shallow waters as not a good swimmer.

All accessible by local taxi please.

All suggestions welcome. I have read up on the Boatyard,and did like the sound of that, but was put off by comments of loud music and 20yr olds....

we like grand barbados beach resort for a swim and lunch.

have lunch at end of pier and ship is just around corner or a small snack by the pool and a drink small tip to guy walking around as guard and u have bed and towles on beach

popup_image.php?pic=46325.jpg

have lunch at end of pier and ship is just around corner or a small snack by the pool and a drink small tip to guy walking around as guard and u have bed and towles on beach

Thanks for that - just looked it up and yes, that looks good to me

photo of concorde flying into barbados from the ship SUNDREAM1999-0022.jpg

I live near London and concorde used to fly over my house at 11am and 5pm. I am no plane fanatic or anything, but I did used to go out and have a look at it every now and then and it was a sight to marvel. Sorry it's not around anymore....;)

Thanks Linda

Is that Pier Restaurant (Schooners) enclosed glass or open air? I can't make it out from the pictures... thanks:)

http://www.barbados.org/hotels/grandbarbados/h33dine.htm

I live in Norfolk and will be in Barbados in 4 weeks and at Christmas. I have been on concorde

Have a great time! Barbados is just a day stop for us en-route Miami to Manaus (Amazon Cruise:)).

Hoped to fly on Concorde one day, but by the time I could afford to have a go, everything went wrong and that was the end of Concorde. At least I'll get to step foot on it this way:p

Have a great time! Barbados is just a day stop for us en-route Miami to Manaus (Amazon Cruise:)).

Hoped to fly on Concorde one day, but by the time I could afford to have a go, everything went wrong and that was the end of Concorde. At least I'll get to step foot on it this way:p

We went on Amazon Cruise in 2006 on Artemis (about 6 week cruise) uk back to uk

see photos

We went on Amazon Cruise in 2006 on Artemis (about 6 week cruise) uk back to uk

see photos

Great photos of the Amazon trip - would you be kind enough to email me as I have lots of questions re Amazon. Thank you, Linda

'lobbylin-email@yahoo.co.uk'

here's the lunch menu

A Sample of our Lunch Menu

Appetizers

Deep Fried Calamari with Harisa Sauce or Traditional Marinara

“Bajan” Fish Cakes (a famous local snack) Chef’s Homemade Soup (Changes daily)Salads

Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce tossed in Caesar dressing with Croutons and Parmesan cheese

Classic Ceasar or with Lobster, Chicken or ShrimpGreek Salad - Feta cheese, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onions, Black Olives and Italian dressing

Tossed Green Salad Fresh Fruit Platter served with your choice of Yoghurt or Cottage Cheese Sandwiches The Crane Club filled with Chicken, Bacon, Lettuce and TomatoesB.L.T - Bacon, Lettuce and Tomatoes

Chicken Salad Sandwich - Chopped Chicken Breast with Celery and Chives in a Baguette 6 oz Steak Sandwich served on a Sliced Baguette with Sautéed Onions

“The Oistins Flying Fish Burger” served on a Sesame Bun with Lettuce and Tomato Grilled 6 oz Burger - choice of regular, Cheese or Bacon and Cheese

The Crane’s “Mahi Mahi” Burger (Cheese optional) served on a Sesame Bun with Lettuce and Tomato

All Sandwiches are served with French Fries

Crane Specials & Grills

Grilled Catch of the Day with Mango Salsa West Indian Curried Chicken with Rice, Roti, Coconut and ChutneyFried Flying Fish with Local Seasonings

Served with Fresh Local Vegetables and your choice of Rice, Mash or French Fries

Pizza & Pasta

Penne with Pesto - Basil Pesto with thinly shaved Parmesan and Pine Nuts Seafood Linguini - A medley of Shrimp, Calamari and Red Snapper cooked in a Provencal Sauce Fettuccini Alfredo

VegetarianChickenSalmonShrimpThe Crane Pizza - A home made Thin-crusted Pizza with Tomato, Olive Oil and Basil Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese and served with three toppings of your choice: - Pineapple, Pepperoni, Mushroom, Onions, Minced Beef, Black Olives, Tomato, Bacon, Tuna, Sweet Corn, Red and Green Peppers Capers, Anchovies served with a side salad

We are planning to do the same thing so glad to see the suggestions. We will be there on the Serenade Feb. 4th or 5th. Any idea of how much the taxi fare is and how long of a ride it is from the ship port to the airport to see the Concorde? Also how far from there to the two suggested lunch places?

Thanks!

If you are going to the Concorde, you will not be far from The Crane.

I would recommend having lunch at L'Azure if you want lunch with a view, it would look like this...

or even like this..

Crane-030.jpg

Crane-053.jpg

You'll be Lunching on that deck at left...

Crane-021.jpg

..watching the waves roll in!

Thanks for the information! We will be in port next Friday off the Serenade and were looking for a nice beach and lunch location. Can we just show up for lunch or is a reservation necessary?

Are there chairs, towels, drinks available on Crane beach?

Sorry to make you repeat if you already discussed this.

You can just show up for lunch. Go to the front gate and tell the guard you're there for lunch. They will explain the beach access/lunch deal.

There are chairs for rent by a vendor. Those chairs are green. The blue chairs are for Crane Resort guests. No towels, you have to bring your cruise towel. There are drinks for sale on the beach but just beer, water & rum punch.

There are no water sports here, just boogie boards. No snorkeling, because the waves are too big.

Aplmac -

How do you get your pictures so big?

I have two stashes out on the internet, and I link to pics in those places.

One's at the CC Photo Gallery (the ones that show kinda mid-sized)

..and the other stash is at Photobucket(they show big)

Archived