"Must See, Must Do" on Crown Princess

xnavydoc2

Do you have any pics of the cabin. On May we will be on P315 and wonder about how it looks.

thanks

Sorry, but I don't have any really good pics of the cabin, but it was nice with 2 single beds and 2 bunks that folded up, nice sized window between the beds, night table, desk, plenty of storage space (and I was traveling with 2 teenage girls so thats saying alot!) I believe there was also a chair and small round table. As is stated on many Princess threads, bathroom is a little on the small size with a tiny shower, but it really was not a problem. The decor is simple and subdued, no garish or loud colors. Like I said we loved this deck and the room and would book there again. Oh, and enjoy the taste and smell of the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at the International caffe. The lovely aroma beckons as you get into the Piazza area.;).

Have a wonderful cruise!

I did not know that this was a possibility. Where do you rent this at and how much do they charge? We were considering bringing ours, but have the same thought on how much space it will take in our luggage.

Hi Bigwave,

Ok, so to answer your question about the cost I dug out my bill. Well, this did no good because I can't tell which "code" was for the equipment. I did not know they had this either, but someone on these boards told me about it just before we left. I do know that they rent out quickly, so we rented them on the first morning at 7:00 a.m. :eek: when it opened and kept them for the week. I don't think it was very much. There was only a small announcement in the first Princess Platter about it. I think it was called the Dive-In shop.

I hope this helps. By they way, they give you the net bag to carry everything in. Have a wonderful cruise!

Great advice!!! Like someone else said - definitely do the movies under the stars! Also, the midnight comedy shows.... hilarious!

Kerrytens - which day is the champagne waterfall? Is it towards the end of the cruise? I think we missed this last time so want to make sure we don't miss it again!

Also, does anyone know if Princess still does the midnight buffets? This is a must-do, Carnival has started to cut these out, just wondering if Princess has.

Champagne waterfall was Thursday evening (second formal night). Not sure about midnight buffet - sadly I was in bed long before that hour. I'm so boring! :(

Miriam

Champagne waterfall was Thursday evening (second formal night). Not sure about midnight buffet - sadly I was in bed long before that hour. I'm so boring! :(

Miriam

Thank you all for the great information. Looks like Princess may have cut out the Midnight buffets as well. :(

Anyone know if there is a hypnotist on the Crown currently? We saw a hypnotist last year on the Grand and it was one of the best cruise ship shows I've seen!

Do you happen to remember who the hypnotist was by chance??? We used to watch one about 8 yrs ago and we loved him and I know he was doing the cruise lines for awhile.

Do you happen to remember who the hypnotist was by chance??? We used to watch one about 8 yrs ago and we loved him and I know he was doing the cruise lines for awhile.

The one we saw was Fernandez. They called him a comedic hypnotist and he was hysterical. We went to see him twice that week on the Grand.

You're going to be on the Crown with us!

I was on the crown 1/11-1/18 and there was no hypnotist. At least not that I know of. I think the best show was the International show (with the crew) We had a blast!!

Hello to all,

Just discovered "Y'all" and am having fun reading all the posts. I know I will feel welcome here. My wife and I will be on an Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Crown Princess (we are celebrating paying off the mortgage on our house) in April.

My question is this, every place has a "Must See, Must Do" ie When in Las Vegas, one "Must See" the MGM Grand etc. What about the Crown Princess? In your opinion, what are the "Must See Must Do" things on board? This will be our third cruise, have been on NCL and Crystal, loved them both.

Thanks

Must also try Adagio for drinks. They give free samples each day!!

Also Crown Grill was awesome. If you like steak or have enjoyed the Sterling steak house on other ships, You will LOVE LOVE LOVE The Crown Grill.

Check out sky walkers.

Also we always enjoy Princess Pop Star.

I agree with everyone that recommends the Crown Grille. At $25 a head it was well worth it. They did have an insert lobster menu that had several "extra charge" lobster additions to the regular menu. There was lobster on the regular menu that was wonderful. On our second night at the Grille we asked for our same waitress. She was wonderful and actually made a special appetizer for me that was not on the menu. Don't be afraid to ask for anything!

Hello - First of all, congradulations on being mortage free.

I was on the Crown twice. Love the ship. The second time around our cabin was on the Plaza Deck. I would book there again. When you first walk on the ship, you enter onto the 6th floor. Take the stairs down one floor - this is the Plaza Deck. You will not need to wait for any elevators with the rest of the crowd.

Everytime you go to or come from your cabin, you walk through the Art Gallery - wonderful paintings to admire.

The International Cafe is a must - for reasons that everyone else has mentioned. The deserts are out of this world. Very convienent to get to from your cabin.

If you are a coffee drinker, may I suggest you get the coffee card. This is a wonderful service they have and it works out that you save money using this feature. If I remember correctly - regular coffee is free, it's the specialty coffees that will cost you.

The Champange Waterfall takes place right on the Plaza deck, although you can get a view from the stairs or floors up above. My suggestion, get there about 1 hour earlier, you will see them making the tower of glasses. I stood on the stairs just to get a better view. They will look for volunteers to help fill the glasses - of course I did it. It was a nice experience and they will capture it on video and picture.

The "balcony" that has been mentioned that is located over the "Bridge" - is a must. Expecially if you are going out of New York. When you go under the Verziano Bridge - you feel as if you can reach out and touch it.

There is so much to do and see on this beautiful ship, explore it - enjoy it - and most important - have fun.... ;):cool::)

Archived