Barcelona Aerobus to Colon Hotel

I have been trying to locate the stops along the Aerobus route and the closest stop to the Colon Hotel. Help! If we can travel with two suitcases apiece I'd like to try the bus system.

I'd also like any insight into the Hop on Hop Off service in Barcelona.

Thank you.

Temma

I would be careful taking any Airporter Bus from the airport to your hotel. They often make numerous stops along the way to your hotel and a relatively short distance can take a long time. After flying all day to get to Europe, I don't like spending another hour or more on a bus.

Once RCCL gave me Airporter transfers from the Vancouver airport to a downtown Vancouver hotel. We waited 20 minutes for the bus then another 90 minutes to get to our hotel. The hotel was less than 20 minutes by taxi from the airport. Had I known I would have gladly paid the $25+/ taxi frae.

I agree that its hardly worth the trouble taking a bus. You will have to wait for the bus, get your luggage on and off, and walk to your hotel..all to save a few dollars. The taxis are fast, clean , and cost less than $30 for the trip (and that is the total cost for the taxi..) and will drop you right at the hotel door.

Hank

I have done the AeroPorto Bus in Barceloan back in May of 2004. I do agree if you are really jet lagged then yes take a taxi at about the cost of just under $30 euros. If you got sleep on the plane the night before then yes you might enjoy the ride on the AeroPorto Bus. The bus leaves the front entrance of the airport every 15 minutes. The bus has luggage racks to place luggage. As I recall the mutiple stops amounted to four or five stops with the last stop at the Plaza. My wife was alittle concerned that I would get us off at the wrong stop....it was easy to figure out the stops. (The Plaza is were everyone gets off of the bus, Final Stop). If I am correct your Hotel is down Las Ramblas and to the left. I'm not sure of the distance but it is not that difficult if you have done your homework. Back in 2004 the cost of the bus was 3.40 Euros. I think I heard it will now cost you around 4.0 euros. Tim

We just did the bus in November to reach our hotel off of Las Ramblas. It was 4 euro, fast, efficient and folks on the bus helped us recognize our stop which turned out to be quite easy because it was the last one, Plaza Cataluyna. If your luggage has wheels and you have a sense of adventure I'd say don't hesitate. I always find that landing comes with an adrenalin rush that gets me over the final hump and to my hotel.

We also walked down the length of Las Rambas to the ship. Weather was fine, we took our time enjoying the sights and character(s) on the way and we were at the pier in no time. Felt a lot less guilty about having 2 desserts once onboard!

Another vote for Aerobus--it only stops two places before Placa Catalunya, which is where you'll want to get off. Very easy; they were right outside the terminal, have space for luggage, etc. I bet we got there less than 5 minutes later than if we'd taken a cab for 3 times the price.

You can get a lot of info using this link: http://www.barcelonayellow.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,228/Itemid,26/

They have all kinds of Barcelona tips.

Go for it!

Cathy

The hotel website has a google map showing the location of the hotel. The map gives you the option to get directions...enter Placa de Catalunya (the closest aerobus stop), and choose 'walking directions'. It shows a 9 minute, < 1/2 mile walk.

We used the aerobus and walked to our hotel...not a problem with 1 rolling suitcase and a small carry-on each, but with two suitcases apiece, it might be a challenge for you.

Archived