Real Luis Vuitton Bags?

niso2

Hi All,

I am looking to find out if there is a duty free shop that sells real bags on the island? I am not looking for the fake knock offs, the real deal. Does anyone know if there are shops that see the authentic bags?

Hi All,

I am looking to find out if there is a duty free shop that sells real bags on the island? I am not looking for the fake knock offs, the real deal. Does anyone know if there are shops that see the authentic bags?

You can find 1000's of fakes Didn't see any real LV's

I don't believe that Louis Vuitton is available in St. Maarten any more.

However, the Serenade leaves from San Juan, and there is a shop there, out on Ashford Avenue, and there is also a shop in St. Thomas, at the Yacht Haven, between Havenside and downtown Charlotte Amalie.

We don't shop for these, so I have no idea of prices or discounts available.

gary

Thank you so much- we never shop for them either- it is my 40th BDay and between my husband, mom, dad and brother, they are chipping in to get me one. so I am very excited to find this information.

OK, since you appear to be serious;

1054 Ashford Avenue

San Juan

Phone 787-722-2543

This is a short taxi ride from the port area (or a bus ride if you are adventureous)

5324 Yacht Haven Grande

Charlotte Amalie

St. Thomas, Virgin Islands

Phone 340-779-6262

This is (short) walking distance from the Havenside dock/shopping area.

gary

I am pricing out the largeish Speedy bag and it round 700.00 here in US. I am hoping it would be less or at least no taxes. I appreciate the addresses. Thank you!

When it comes to shopping, I am very serious!

I am pricing out the largeish Speedy bag and it round 700.00 here in US. I am hoping it would be less or at least no taxes. I appreciate the addresses. Thank you!

When it comes to shopping, I am very serious!

The price will be exactly the same as it is here in the US but you won't pay any taxes. I purchased my last bag in the LV in Aruba and the prices was exactly the same as the store in my town here in Naples. The woman told me that they all do the same prices and where we save is not having to pay taxes.

After this month's article in Harpers Bazar about how these bags are made, I would not go near one!

Are there Louis Vuitton stores?

What did the article say about how the bags were made? I'm wondering what on earth could be so bad to make you not buy one!

What did the article say about how the bags were made? I'm wondering what on earth could be so bad to make you not buy one!

The conditions in in which the bags were made were so horrific I could not bring myself to buy a fake bag. I had my husband read the article and it even made him tear up and he would not finish reading.

I never had a problem with fake bags until this came out- children are being tourtured overseas in order to make these bags. I know this is sounding a bit "Norma Rae" and I generally do not take such stances, but on this one, I must.

Anyway, the article is on Facebook and in Harpers Bazar (I get a subsription, so it was my last mag that came in probally January if you can get it)

I bought a fake LV purse once and it smelled so bad I landed up throwing it out.

In 93 I bought a real LV purse after 3 visits I finally could write a check and it was for 300.00. Just had a hard time spending that money but I got a promotion and celebrated. Never have spent that much since.

Cannot believe the prices now.

I do have to say it was my all time favorite purse and if I won money that would be something I would buy for myself. I use big purses because I carry so much so a LV purse for me would be really expensive today.

Hope you get your purse and enjoy.

Laura

The conditions in in which the bags were made were so horrific I could not bring myself to buy a fake bag. I had my husband read the article and it even made him tear up and he would not finish reading.

I never had a problem with fake bags until this came out- children are being tourtured overseas in order to make these bags. I know this is sounding a bit "Norma Rae" and I generally do not take such stances, but on this one, I must.

Anyway, the article is on Facebook and in Harpers Bazar (I get a subsription, so it was my last mag that came in probally January if you can get it)

I misunderstood, I thought you meant that there was an article discussing something horrible about how they make the real LV bags. I have a lot of them so I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong buy purchasing the real thing.

I'll look for the article to read it. I don't believe it purchasing the fake ones so I wouldn't be contributing to something horrible anyway.

Archived