Star Mexican Riviera ?'s

maui34

I think the only tender is Cabo, PV and Mazatlan are docked. Am I correct?

For shore excursions in Cabo do they let the guests off 1st with early shore excursions? I have heard it is a nightmare to tender here. Very long slow process. Any info. I will be going in March. Thanks

Cabo: Yes, tendering. If you have an early shore excursion, you can stand in line for tender tickets at the Endless Summer restaurant - they begin handing out tickets at 9:30a.m. on Cabo day. We were able to walk onto a tender at 1:00 and didn't need to have a ticket.

Mazatlan: Docking

PV: May or may not be tendering. We were docked on our recent cruise; previous cruises tendered.

Hi,

From what I've read here; tendering in Carbo for the most part is a nightmare. That's because cruisers don't follow the "ticket" procedure. It's so bad; that we've already decided to not get off the ship at Cabo. I'm on vacation, don't need to fight the crowds! Seach this post and you'll read what some people have gone thru at Cabo. Enjoy your cruise.

We didn't have any problem tendering. I wanted to get off relatively early, so I went to Endless Summer at 8:45 a.m., hoping the line wouldn't be too long already. You don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to be early in the line. At 8:45, there were only about 15 people in it. We didn't actually have to "stand" in line because there were chairs in there and people were sitting in an orderly line. Tickets were handed out beginning at exactly 9:30. I'd say there were maybe 75 people in the line by then? They let each person in line collect as many tickets as he/she needed for his/her group. When they were ready to start tendering, a large white boat, with seating on two levels, pulled up to the portside, and the announcement said that people with tender ticket numbers 1 to 200 could get on that one. We were on that boat and on land in Cabo by 11:30 a.m. Very easy.

We didn't have any problem tendering. I wanted to get off relatively early, so I went to Endless Summer at 8:45 a.m., hoping the line wouldn't be too long already. You don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to be early in the line. At 8:45, there were only about 15 people in it. We didn't actually have to "stand" in line because there were chairs in there and people were sitting in an orderly line. Tickets were handed out beginning at exactly 9:30. I'd say there were maybe 75 people in the line by then? They let each person in line collect as many tickets as he/she needed for his/her group. When they were ready to start tendering, a large white boat, with seating on two levels, pulled up to the portside, and the announcement said that people with tender ticket numbers 1 to 200 could get on that one. We were on that boat and on land in Cabo by 11:30 a.m. Very easy.

We had no problem tendering. People obeyed the call for numbers on our cruise, I guess. But remember, things just go slower in Mexico. Just accept that and your cruise will be a lot less stressful. We were on shore about 11:15am or 11:30am and had plenty of time in Cabo.

Archived