OK NCL fans..trivia question..if you know the answer I'm impressed!!

ohioNCLcruiser

OK James. Can you give a deadline like noon tomorrow or midnight on Wednesday unless someone gets it? Otherwise we will never find out!!!:eek:

(And how many of you are Googling "Blue Lagoon" to find a possible answer?)

Google??? That's cheating!!! I'm using my resources!!!

Well now ... I was thinking since the Blue Lagoon(s) first appeared on the Star ... could be any of various reasons ...

1) The Star began in Hawaii ... so maybe "Blue Lagoon" was in homage to the tropics?

2) Since it was on the Star first, and the Blue Lagoon is something in astronomy (as is "Star"), maybe that's the connection?

I looked at the various other eating places on the Star and don't see a connection .... ???

Great question, James! Look forward to hearing the answer ... :cool:

I say it is because of the carpets. The were giving a tour of the first ship to have the Blue Lagoon. Someone saw the carpets and made a comment to the effect of feeling like they were walking in a lagoon with fish (with bad eyesight those coffee beans could look like fish). The people that name the rooms thought that was funny, then realized that might be the perfect name for the room. Hence, the Blue Lagoon.

Great story! But I still think it came from that awful movie--the blue lagoon, tho, was beautiful. It's a common name now--there's a restaurant in my town called Blue Lagoon.

Or maybe it's because everytime I've eaten there it has taken SO long to get my food that I'm blue....

Great story! But I still think it came from that awful movie--the blue lagoon, tho, was beautiful. It's a common name now--there's a restaurant in my town called Blue Lagoon.

Or maybe it's because everytime I've eaten there it has taken SO long to get my food that I'm blue....

Google "Blue Lagoon Miami" and see just how many things around Miami are named Blue Lagoon.

PE

noon tomorrow it is. I have not Googles yet but I guess I'll have to break down and try...............

Blue lagoon

You caught me eating alone

without dreamwhip on my tart

without a fork of my own...........

The real question and perhaps a pathway to the answer was the Blue Lagoon name created by NCL or Star. Keep in mind the first ship with a Blue Lagoon was originally built for Star.

I thought the same thing. That room was not named Blue Lagoon when it was the Superstar Leo.. The Superstar Leo was christened in 1998 and renamed the Spirit in 2004. Most of her rooms were named at the same time. The Star was christened in 2001.

PE

Huge Edit.............

It was called the Blue Lagoon Cafe while she was still the Superstar Leo. You may be onto something.

About a year before the Star entered service, there was a hostage situation in Fiji at the Resort where the Blue Lagoon was filmed. The captors allowed many of the hostages to leave via a cruise ship that was anchored offshore. Perhaps the ship was owned by Star Cruiselines and they named the restaurant Blue Lagoon in honor of the rescued hostages???:D

About a year before the Star entered service, there was a hostage situation in Fiji at the Resort where the Blue Lagoon was filmed. The captors allowed many of the hostages to leave via a cruise ship that was anchored offshore. Perhaps the ship was owned by Star Cruiselines and they named the restaurant Blue Lagoon in honor of the rescued hostages???:D

I saw something abou the aiport in Fiji being call the Blue Lagoon? Also, there looks like this kickass resturant in Jaimaica that came up and it looks really good! Not that I belive it was named after that but I want to go there now!:D

Huge Edit.............

It was called the Blue Lagoon Cafe while she was still the Superstar Leo. You may be onto something.

There goes my theory!!!! I still think it might have something to do with the resort. . .

Ha, do you know the answer? Do I have to beat it out of you?

Please, no beatings! :D I don't know the answer, I promise!

But, I do know that your guess was not correct. NCL has had only three main offices. The first was at One Biscayne Tower in downtown Miami, the second in Coral Gables at Alhambra Plaza, and the third one (at present) at Corporate Center Drive. So, no offices at Blue Lagoon Drive.

I thought the same thing. That room was not named Blue Lagoon when it was the Superstar Leo.. The Superstar Leo was christened in 1998 and renamed the Spirit in 2004. Most of her rooms were named at the same time. The Star was christened in 2001.

PE

Huge Edit.............

and the Star was built as the SuperStar Libra and turned over to NCL in the last few months of construction. The Star was the first ship with a Blue Lagoon.

Archived