Vow Renewal?

Madonna3

Has anyone done a vow renewal with RCI? My husband and I agreed that we were going to renew our vows for our 10th anniversary because in 10 years, we have just been through so much (both good and bad), and we thought it would be good to remind ourselves why we got into it in the first place.

Problem is, we start our cruise on the 17th, but our anniversary is the 16th. DH says its ok to have it a day or two late, but, I just can't handle that.

However, I said I would look into it and so I am. Does anyone have any experience with it? Any photos even?

Has anyone done a vow renewal with RCI? My husband and I agreed that we were going to renew our vows for our 10th anniversary because in 10 years, we have just been through so much (both good and bad), and we thought it would be good to remind ourselves why we got into it in the first place.

Problem is, we start our cruise on the 17th, but our anniversary is the 16th. DH says its ok to have it a day or two late, but, I just can't handle that.

However, I said I would look into it and so I am. Does anyone have any experience with it? Any photos even?

We are doing our vow renewal 2 months early. Maybe we will call it our 14 years 10 months anniversary. Any day you are willing to say I will marry all over again, is the best day:D

Any day you are willing to say I will marry all over again, is the best day

Ya know, there's truth to that statement and maybe I should improve my attitude. That being said, are you doing it on board?

This is what the RCI website sez about vow renewals:

Renew Your Vows: Celebrate All Over Again

In celebration of your wedding anniversary or just for a romantic surprise, Royal Romance can arrange a Vow Renewal Ceremony for your special occasion. To add to your celebration, you may add any of our enhancements or even a reception if you wish. Please note that this is not a legal ceremony; it is for sentimental purposes only.*

Royal Encore $400 USD**

Ideal wedding location onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

Memorable ceremony performed by your ship's Social Host.

Romantic, recorded ceremony music.

Simple, elegant bridal bouquet.

Matching groom's boutonniere.

Keepsake Royal Romance vow renewal certificate.

Royal Romance wedding cake for bride and groom.

Bottle of Royal Romance sparkling wine.

Four (4) delectable Royal Romance chocolate-covered toasting strawberries for the bridal couple.

Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony, strawberries and sparkling wine toast (one hour of service).

Please allow a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to sailing for Royal Romance to reserve your Vow Renewal ceremony. Arrangements for the time and location of your Vow Renewal will be coordinated by your Social Host once you are onboard. Unfortunately, requests for ceremonies on the day of sailing or on formal night cannot be granted.

* This is not a legal ceremony and couples with different last names will need to bring proof of marriage.

** Please contact your Royal Romance Wedding Consultant for the actual cost of the wedding or vow renewal package including possible surcharges or additional fees. Prices are subject to change without notice.

Just an FYI -- I am a TA working on a vow renewal group cruise right now -- and the most updated price for the renewal package is $595 (not the 400 that was posted earlier.)

Just call Royal Romanance and they will be able to help you with your renewal plans. Congratulations -- and don't worry about being a day or two late --- it's never too late to say I'd marry you again!

I'd suggest looking into doing it on shore so you don't have to use Royal Romance. They don't have the best reputation (I was using them for my wedding but decided to ditch them and go with a private wedding coordinator in St. Thomas). They are WAY over-priced and at times very difficult to communicate with. I am sure a vow renewal is easier than a wedding, but I'd still look into a coordinator on an island instead. However if you want to do it on the ship itself, you must use Royal Romance (aka The Wedding Experience).

Next year (I hope) we will have all the kids and their SO's with us on a cruise. I really want to do a vow renewal with them being there. (It will be 36 1/2 years --- give or take few days)

$595 is a lot though .... that's quite a jump in price.

I too would like to hear from others who have done the vow renewal. Jan

Archived