Any problems with Nativeway?

MamaParrotHead

I'm looking to book Nativeway for a private full day charter for a decent-sized group of us who are sailing together. I've emailed back and forth with Sharon a bit, and she states that all I need to book is a credit card *number*, and that she won't process or charge it in anyway unless we don't show (which obviously wouldn't be the case). I just wanted to know if anyone else had booked this way and if there had been any problems. We don't have a large balance on our card, and aren't cruising until November, so obviously I can't have a large hold put on the card for the next 10 months, know what I mean?

Thanks,

;)

We just came back from cruising on the Inspiration and were in Grand Cayman on Monday, Jan. 19th. We used Nativeway and did the snorkeling tour that included the starfish. We didn't have any problems with them at all! We would highly recommend them to anyone and can't wait to go back! I sent Sharon my credit card # and then paid cash at the end of our excursion and had no trouble with it.

We have used them once and are going again in 47 days. Dont worry your info is safe and secure and WILL not be charged. If you look on here there are NOTHING but good recommendations for them, they do things legit and sharon is fromthe US so she knows how to do things :)

We used Nativway a few weeks ago and it was definitely the best excursion of our 12-day cruise. Paid in cash after the excursion. Our guide on the stingray/starfish/coral excursion was absolutely fantastic and so good with my grandchildren and looking out for their safety. He loved his island.

We're thinking about using them in April and doing the stingray/starfish/coral excursion. What was their boat like? How easy was it to get in and out of the boat? Any pictures?

Thanks!

I would like to know about ease of getting in and out. Also, what are people tipping?

I typically tip tour guides based on a few factors. Are they the owners? If so, I tip less because they're obviously all ready getting whatever profits there are directly. Did they provide any "extra" service? Like really good information about whatever it is we're doing, take extra care or time "above and beyond" what the tour description was? Was the tour as described? Better? Worse? The cost of the tour...the less expensive the tour, the more I usually tip. We went on a large group/half day fishing charter in the Keys and I think we tipped a few bucks per person. The crew basically just baited our hooks and walked around. Where as the tours we went on in St. Thomas and Ocho Rios were incredibly reasonably priced, personalized, gave great information, the guides went above and beyond to be accomodating and make the tour fun. Those tours I think we tipped an additional $20-$30 per couple.

JMHO.

We used Nativeway a few years ago and they were GREAT...I thought they took really good care of us and I think we tipped about $30 - there were six of us, so $5 per person.

We are going to the Caymans again and DH and the two youngest and I are renting a car, but DS 18 and his friends (19,20,21) are going with Nativeway. They may be "grown" but they are still mine and I feel like they will be safe and well taken care of by the Nativeway folks.

I told the "kids" the price but included a $5 tip in it for them and will probably send and extra $10-20 with them from us as a tip...

The reason they don't charge your CC until the day is because they are very well aware of the fact that ship often cannot stop at Grand Cayman!!! In this case you are not charged at all. We have been unlucky 5 times so far and only on the 6th time around did we finally get to use Nativeway and see the Stingrays. Have just booked a full charter for January 2010 too.

We're thinking about using them in April and doing the stingray/starfish/coral excursion. What was their boat like? How easy was it to get in and out of the boat? Any pictures?

Thanks!

Pictures of their 3 boats are here on their website.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/our_boats.htm

Hopefully the weather cooperates for us this Wednesday so we can do the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Nativeways.

Bill

Pictures of their 3 boats are here on their website.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/our_boats.htm

Hopefully the weather cooperates for us this Wednesday so we can do the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Nativeways.

Bill

Thanks, Bill... I saw those, but only one of the pictures show the stern of the boat so I can't tell what type of ladder they use and how far it extends into the water, etc.

We just came back from cruising on the Inspiration and were in Grand Cayman on Monday, Jan. 19th. We used Nativeway and did the snorkeling tour that included the starfish. We didn't have any problems with them at all! We would highly recommend them to anyone and can't wait to go back! I sent Sharon my credit card # and then paid cash at the end of our excursion and had no trouble with it.

A question if you don't mind...why did you pay cash instead of leaving it on your credit card? Is there a better exchange rate or did you already exchange to the currency for grand cayman? Thank you!

Thanks!

The ladder on the boat that I was on had a step or two below the platform and was easy to climb up onto. It was also welded or bolted so it didn't move around as you tried to use it.

Archived