On Ecstasy NOW - Night and day better

firefly333

Our cabin steward came the first day and introduced himself and had us sign a form and wrote down our dinner time. New policy also they do not have the cards to put on your door to "make up my cabin". Last time on the Ike Conquest cruise we spent 3 hours looking for our friend's cabin steward because she needed to put her insulin in her locked refrigerator and the expected sharps container was not in her cabin.

This time empoloyees are going out of their way to be friendly and introduce themselve, ask how our day is going, Ecstasy just possibly friendlier than Conquest?

We had Jen with the queen's wave on Conquest. This time we have a CD who was a highlight of the Country Singing and Dancing show. He plays one mean fiddle and is very talented. Everyone loved his playing along in the show. We had not seen him on Ecstasy last time.

By luck we have a handicapped cabin. We did just find out this morning from a about 80 year old lady who has been on Ecstasy 5 times how to turn on the air in our cabin. We were very hot last night. You have to climb on the bed to reach the ceiling vent and turn it on. As folks have posted HC cabins are not true accessible. They do have a smaller lip up in the bathroom, but not as much as a regular cabin. Still nice to have for my sister.

Smooth as glass so far. We spent an hour cruising around Galveston, looking at hotels for the Crazies cruise and looking at damage and clean up efforts. We expected to be late, but boarding had not started when we arrived. Everyone had gone out of their way to be friendly. Maybe part of it was we were with a complainer last time, who isnt with us this time, but the crew is so friendly.

Im back happy with carnival. Very nice cruise. Everything is about as perfect as possible. We are seating with 8 women for dinner, so lots of talking and laughing.

Our cabin steward came the first day and introduced himself and had us sign a form and wrote down our dinner time. New policy also they do not have the cards to put on your door to "make up my cabin". Last time on the Ike Conquest cruise we spent 3 hours looking for our friend's cabin steward because she needed to put her insulin in her locked refrigerator and the expected sharps container was not in her cabin.

This time empoloyees are going out of their way to be friendly and introduce themselve, ask how our day is going, Ecstasy just possibly friendlier than Conquest?

We had Jen with the queen's wave on Conquest. This time we have a CD who was a highlight of the Country Singing and Dancing show. He plays one mean fiddle and is very talented. Everyone loved his playing along in the show. We had not seen him on Ecstasy last time.

By luck we have a handicapped cabin. We did just find out this morning from a about 80 year old lady who has been on Ecstasy 5 times how to turn on the air in our cabin. We were very hot last night. You have to climb on the bed to reach the ceiling vent and turn it on. As folks have posted HC cabins are not true accessible. They do have a smaller lip up in the bathroom, but not as much as a regular cabin. Still nice to have for my sister.

Smooth as glass so far. We spent an hour cruising around Galveston, looking at hotels for the Crazies cruise and looking at damage and clean up efforts. We expected to be late, but boarding had not started when we arrived. Everyone had gone out of their way to be friendly. Maybe part of it was we were with a complainer last time, who isnt with us this time, but the crew is so friendly.

Im back happy with carnival. Very nice cruise. Everything is about as perfect as possible. We are seating with 8 women for dinner, so lots of talking and laughing.

The Ecstasy has lead the fleet in customer service. They have the best crew. Ask them about Carnivals Crystal Eagle award for superior guest service.

WOO HOO! I'm happy that things are going so much better. The Ecstacy is the only ship I've been on 3 times.......and hope for many more times. She is a beautiful ship and so easy to navigate. She has some excellent areas for sitting or standing on deck to really enjoy the sea. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the area at the back of the Lido dining area.

Have a Reuben sandwich for me...............

I am so glad that your happy with Carnival again.your Conquest cruise was a different experience than i have ever had they always came to or room and asked us our dinning time we never have had a problem with the Conquest however on the Triumph or room stewart never even made the room up one day it was no big deal i just though hey i never get maid service at home i guess i can skip it one day lol. I think maybe the hurricane had alot to do with your bad experience you had on the Conquest.But you get to try her again with the Crazies i am sure it will be a wonderful cruise.

I see you're from Richardson. We're in Plano & going on Ecstasy Feb. 2 - thanks for the info - keep it coming.

I'm so excited! We'll be on her Feb 12th; our first time on a Fantasy class. I'm glad to hear all the wonderful things about her, and hope those silly propulsion issues we hear about from time to time are resolved. Thanks!!!!

Hey there firefly! I was on the Conquest with you, & I know & remember the drama & trauma some of us experienced...I am so glad you 'backed your ears' & went with Ecstasy! I have sailed her once before & sometimes my PVP tells me I wouldn't be happy 'downsizing' from Conquest back to Ecstasy, but I would have no problems I am sure...ummm...except maybe only the shorter time as opposed to a seven day...

Enjoy your time on board & have a DOD for me!!

Another reason I love Fantasy Class ships...:D

Somehow, the crew always seems a bit better.

I always wonder if the smaller ship size, allows the crew to interact a little more personably...;)

I hope that is true!! We sailed the Sensation in December and just loved the smile we got each day from our steward and all the other crew members on board. We will be sailing on the Valor this May as part of a group cruise so I am anxious to see if the service will be different on a larger ship.

Carnival’s 2,052-Passenger Ecstasy Earns Crystal Eagle Award For Superior Guest Service

By Mr Papa on April 20th, 2007

MIAMI (April 20, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines’ 2,052-passenger Ecstasy, which underwent an extensive refurbishment last year under the first phase of the line’s $250 million “Evolutions of Fun” initiative, has earned the company’s coveted “Crystal Eagle” award for superior guest service.

The award is presented annually by Carnival to the shipboard team that receives the highest ratings from the line’s comprehensive guest comment card system, in which guests are asked to rate their “Fun Ship” cruise experience in a wide range of categories, including crew service and friendliness, on-board cuisine and entertainment, and children’s programming.

“While Carnival endeavors to provide fun, quality and affordable vacations aboard all 22 of its ‘Fun Ships,’ the Ecstasy received particularly high marks not only in the all-important area of guest service but also for the many guest-pleasing facilities and features incorporated during its recent renovation. Congratulations to the Ecstasy team for embodying our company’s commitment to creating lasting vacation memories for our guests,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

To mark the occasion, a shipboard reception was held aboard the Ecstasy during which Dickinson presented Captain Salvatore Messina with a custom-designed award that resembles an eagle. The criteria for “Crystal Eagle” award is best described by its acronym for “eagle” which is as follows: Exceeding Expectations; Anticipating Needs; Going the Extra Mile; Lasting Memories; Excellence in Every Aspect.

This time we have a CD who was a highlight of the Country Singing and Dancing show. He plays one mean fiddle and is very talented. Everyone loved his playing along in the show. We had not seen him on Ecstasy last time.

Is that the Xtreme Country show that they do? We saw the same shows last time we were there in Feb '07 and hadn't planned to go to the shows this time. Since we have seen them, thought we'd do something else. But everyone is raving about the CD and his fiddle playing, it has my curiosity up now! Just wanted to know which show he plays in so we can catch at least that one!

Is that the Xtreme Country show that they do? We saw the same shows last time we were there in Feb '07 and hadn't planned to go to the shows this time. Since we have seen them, thought we'd do something else. But everyone is raving about the CD and his fiddle playing, it has my curiosity up now! Just wanted to know which show he plays in so we can catch at least that one!

It is the Xtreme Country show. I have seen Steve 5 or 6 times when he used to be on the Holiday.

Dave

I'm so excited! We'll be on her Feb 12th; our first time on a Fantasy class. I'm glad to hear all the wonderful things about her, and hope those silly propulsion issues we hear about from time to time are resolved. Thanks!!!!

We will be there on the 12th as well!!!!

Fly - Glad you are having a good time. We have Freezing Rain coming in tonight, so you picked a good time to cruise!

How do they know when to make up your room then? We are very late risers, so do they just lurk around waiting for you to leave your cabin or do they just not make it up at all if you get up too late? (assume they still have "do not disturb" signs!, as there is nothing more annoying than housekeeping on ship or at a hotel knocking on your door when you are trying to sleep in!)

Hi Fly - from Al & Mary - in Pasadena

Please if you get a chance say hi to Steve for us and the Vet Cruise - He'll understand. He is awesome

Also if you are in the Windstar Dinning room give a shout to Eva our favorite Hostess of all times - wanted to adopt her....

Chuck if you read this thread again know you will be on her soon so if you would Please do the same... You will Love Eva ---- I will catch you both on the CRAZIES bd....

Fly have a great cruise - sounds like you are...

Al

Steve...the fiddler!

I was fortunate in my EIGHT times on the Ecstasy to sail with him once!

He is so good isnt he? He played at the end of the pax talent show Winter, and another partial classical piece in the pax talent show. Im impressed. carnival is doing everything right (Im sure a lot is luck of the draw too, sometimes you run into less than stellar service, but not this time)

We are in Progresso today and another beautiful day. Weather has been so balmy and perfect.

Archived