My Time Dining

Mickeymouse22

I will be traveling on RC's Explorer of the Seas in May. I understand that they now offer the option called My Time Dining which enables you to dine anytime between 6 and 9 PM. Has anyone had any experience with this yet? If you did, did it seem to work out well and would you do it that way again? I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Fred

I haven't been on RCI, but it sounds like Princess' Personal Choice or NCL's freestyle. We love that. You go when it works best for you and can eat with others or alone. In choosing a cruise, I look closely at what Princess and NCL have first. If they have as good an itinerary and as good a price, then I go where I can eat at "My Time." For us, freedom to choose when and with whom we'll dine is a deal breaker.

This will be my 7th time on a Royal Caribbean ship and I haven't heard of this dining yet. In fact I am going on the Freedom of the Seas next month and Royal Caribbean asked if I wanted early dining or late. It is either at 6:00 or 8:30.

This will be my 7th time on a Royal Caribbean ship and I haven't heard of this dining yet. In fact I am going on the Freedom of the Seas next month and Royal Caribbean asked if I wanted early dining or late. It is either at 6:00 or 8:30.

RCCL is in the process of implementing My Time Dining. Freedom was one of the first to have it, started early last year. It's not an option to sign up online so if you want it you have to call RCCL (if you booked direct) or your TA to ask for it. In order to sign up for it, you must prepay your tips. You also have the option to sign up for it once you get onto the ship (go see the maitre'd), but again you have to add your tips to your Seapass account.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseat&requestor=arn

When looking at the link to the my time dining info it shows the ships and dates it is available. When it says now-Dec 26 does that mean it is not available after that?

It would mean they are plan on running it until then (and likely afterwards too...remember...this is being done as a trial run for Royal Caribbean...they are likely seeing how it works for them before implementing it fulltime)

When looking at the link to the my time dining info it shows the ships and dates it is available. When it says now-Dec 26 does that mean it is not available after that?

The RCCL website hasn't been fully updated for the full roll out schedule. My Time Dining is here to stay on RCCL ships and is supposed to be on all RCCL ships by the end of spring. The end dates were for the test time periods, but the testing went so well they decided to go and and implement it fleet wide.

Great...I am hoping I will be able to get this on our cruise on the Rhapsody in April. Does anyone know if it is available for that cruise? I am also booked on the Serenade in June and my TA was told it was not available when I asked her to check. Would it be worth checking back with them closer to sail date? TIA:)

The RCCL website hasn't been fully updated for the full roll out schedule. My Time Dining is here to stay on RCCL ships and is supposed to be on all RCCL ships by the end of spring. The end dates were for the test time periods, but the testing went so well they decided to go and and implement it fleet wide.

I'm just wondering...since I'm going on Majesty in 7 weeks and inquired to rccl dining, because there was a post on here that stated it would be in place on that ship next month, I was told via email that it wasn't offered, and their website doesn't state fleet wide by end of spring...so...which is it????

Great...I am hoping I will be able to get this on our cruise on the Rhapsody in April. Does anyone know if it is available for that cruise? I am also booked on the Serenade in June and my TA was told it was not available when I asked her to check. Would it be worth checking back with them closer to sail date? TIA:)

You need to call your TA as it is already available on the Serenade. I am sailing on May 30th and some of our group has already switched to My Time Dining.

I'm just wondering...since I'm going on Majesty in 7 weeks and inquired to rccl dining, because there was a post on here that stated it would be in place on that ship next month, I was told via email that it wasn't offered, and their website doesn't state fleet wide by end of spring...so...which is it????

Alicam, perhaps they've changed the implementation date for Majesty but the rest of the ships it's been going as scheduled. Who did you book through? If you booked directly with RCCL, just call up and say you want to switch to My Time Dining - if it's not available for your cruise they'll let you know. If you booked through a TA, you'll have to go through them.

Alicam, perhaps they've changed the implementation date for Majesty but the rest of the ships it's been going as scheduled. Who did you book through? If you booked directly with RCCL, just call up and say you want to switch to My Time Dining - if it's not available for your cruise they'll let you know. If you booked through a TA, you'll have to go through them.

I called yesterday and was told by the CSR that while it would be available on our sailing, I had to wait until we boarded to go to the MTD desk (which would be open for the 1st 2 days) to switch. Based on what I've read here and the boards on the RCCL pages, I think I'll talk to a different CSR.:D

I booked directly through RCCL and I have an email from them not 2 weeks old that says in a nutshell..."sorry...can't help you with your request...you're out of luck"...so as you can see, it can be frustrating when the company says no, but people on here say yes....and you would think the company would know best

I booked directly through RCCL and I have an email from them not 2 weeks old that says in a nutshell..."sorry...can't help you with your request...you're out of luck"...so as you can see, it can be frustrating when the company says no, but people on here say yes....and you would think the company would know best

That's why I said you need to call them, not deal with RCCL dining (which is what you indicated in your email). To switch to My Time Dining you have to prepay your tips, which RCCL dining can't handle. You have to deal with the reservations line for it.

Received the C & A magazine 2 days ago and it is mentioned but not in great detail. I have heard from others that cruised w/free style dining, that if you have large over 4, they had problems getting a table when they wanted every night -said never again. We like the set times, the same as we enjoy the formal nights, guess it is up the individual.

The new Crown and Anchor promo just arrived and here is the passage on the new dining option.

"My Time Dining, the new dining program from Royal Caribbean, lets you choose when you dine and who you dine with in the main dining room. You can even request a specific waiter or table (based on availibility) within the My Time Dining area.

Dine in the main dining room at any time between 6:00 p.m. and 9:30 pm. any day of your cruise vacation. Maybe you worked up an appetite onboard or onshore and prefer to dine early, or maybe your plans call for watching a sunset and taking part in lively conversation before dinner. With My Time Dining you'll enjoy more flexibility to plan your evening activities. For your convenience, you can pre-reserve your dining preference at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/mytimedining or you can make a reservation once onboard."

As you can see there is no mention of pre-paid gratuities. RCI is so good about not telling you everything. It does make sense though.

This option was available when we were on the Serendae in November. The designated area was on deck five portside. I am sure that will vary by ship.

If I had to guess, since we did not use this option, if you want to sign up online you should do so prior to the regular two week cutoff, but that is pure speculation on my part.

I hope this helps.

That's why I said you need to call them, not deal with RCCL dining (which is what you indicated in your email). To switch to My Time Dining you have to prepay your tips, which RCCL dining can't handle. You have to deal with the reservations line for it.

Our tips have already been prepaid...just as we did last year for Serenade when we did MyTime dining on that ship

If I had to guess, since we did not use this option, if you want to sign up online you should do so prior to the regular two week cutoff, but that is pure speculation on my part.

I hope this helps.

They don't have the ability to sign up for it online set up yet. You still have to call to sign up for it.

• Administrators

Interesting -- so many folks interested in whether "my time" dining (a/k/a "as you wish," "anytime," "freestyle" dining, etc.) is available, on what ships, how to get it, etc?

Perhaps the cruiselines aren't lying when they say that the majority of passengers these days WANT these options, and that not having only traditional, fixed dining times seating isn't a big loss to many? Just an observation! :)

As you can see there is no mention of pre-paid gratuities. RCI is so good about not telling you everything. It does make sense though.

From the link you provided to RCCL's site...

con_bulletgray_ico.gifMust pre-pay gratuities to participate - this includes tips for your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and stateroom attendant.

Leave it to RCI to only provide their best customers with part of the information! Since we are not using it on our next cruise either I just glossed over it until I saw this thread.

We were about half way through our cruise when I noticed constant activity on 5 and realized this must be the venue for the new dining option. Since we were starboard at the last table I finally figured it out. Not to say that I am slow or anything. We had such a good table that there was no reason to look up.

Archived