Platinum to Diamond the quick way.

dfishner

I still am upset with the non combining of benefits on RCL hopefull will get over that someday soon, but I do accept the fact that RCL must know what they are doing as I scratch my head and wonder whatever were they thinking. I was so upset that I booked another cruise line...after a few weeks of this simmering in my head. I thought of all the great experiences we have had on RCL they really have the best on board experience in my opinion.

So here we sit with 6 cruise credits and just know that RCL will do something to change the way on how many cruises or cruise days you will need to become diamond. Which was something we were aiming for but also decided with the change in benefits we were no longer interested in.

I had to seperate in my head RCL corp and RCL the ships and once I did that we decided to ignore RCL corp and just think about the ships which we really enjoy. We made the decision yesterday that we are going to push to get to diamond before they change the program on us...We booked a JS on NOS in March a nice 4 day cruise and we have our family coming down in June so another chance for a 3 day cruise in a JS which will make us diamond. I do not believe RCL will change their program until late 2009 so we are gambling here but we have been with RCL since 2006 and for us nothing compares to the experience we have when being on one of their ships. Being diamond I will not concern myself with NC or FC since we will be getting what we had as platinum with the discount and you know I am ok with that.

We're HOPEFULLY just new platinums now and our next cruise will make us diamonds. I say hopefully because we had a JS on the recent 2 day on Navigator that they claim something different every day as to if we'll get our proper credits or not. If we do we'll keep our next cruise which is a b2b both in JSs granting an additional 5 credits each. 8 and 12 nighters.

So we too are hopeful of no changes, but I can understand looking at things seperately. We are trying hard to keep the two issues seperate as we really want to go on Explorer for this B2B, but as of yet are undecided. For now anyway, it depends on the outcome of the 2 credits from our last cruise.

I agree with teh above poster that you have 2 great cruises coming up and that is worth a bunch on its own. I am trying to keep that view in regard to our own cruises.

We feel the same way, we turned Platinum after our cruise in September and really want to hit Diamond as fast as we can. So figuring to take shorter cruises in suites to get our points up. Unfortunately with the economy looking like it does we are not sure we will be able to do it.

We're HOPEFULLY just new platinums now and our next cruise will make us diamonds. I say hopefully because we had a JS on the recent 2 day on Navigator that they claim something different every day as to if we'll get our proper credits or not. If we do we'll keep our next cruise which is a b2b both in JSs granting an additional 5 credits each. 8 and 12 nighters.

So we too are hopeful of no changes, but I can understand looking at things seperately. We are trying hard to keep the two issues seperate as we really want to go on Explorer for this B2B, but as of yet are undecided. For now anyway, it depends on the outcome of the 2 credits from our last cruise.

I agree with teh above poster that you have 2 great cruises coming up and that is worth a bunch on its own. I am trying to keep that view in regard to our own cruises.

I may be wrong but I thought the max credits you could get was 3 per cruise. AL

Or, you can just hope for the best.

My friend signed up for C&A, at my urging after her first cruise.

We sailed together last July and she couldn't wait to show me her card when it came in the mail...Diamond! Yes, diamond after one sailing.

When we checked in in July, her card was stamped Diamond, she received the Diamond benefits on board, even the coupon book.

She didn't get any discounts for her cabin since she is new to RCCL and didn't know it came with any. I guess next time it will work for her even better.

I may be wrong but I thought the max credits you could get was 3 per cruise. AL

it's technically 2 cruises. a 8 nighter and a 12 nighter. just done b2b so for us it is one trip to the departure port and all 1 big cruise.

in the first 8 days we'll get 2 credits and 3 for the last 12 days.

So yes, 3 max per cruise. Just my wording that caused confusion.

Or, you can just hope for the best.

My friend signed up for C&A, at my urging after her first cruise.

We sailed together last July and she couldn't wait to show me her card when it came in the mail...Diamond! Yes, diamond after one sailing.

When we checked in in July, her card was stamped Diamond, she received the Diamond benefits on board, even the coupon book.

She didn't get any discounts for her cabin since she is new to RCCL and didn't know it came with any. I guess next time it will work for her even better.

Lucky girl!!! :eek: She should count her blessings :D

it's technically 2 cruises. a 8 nighter and a 12 nighter. just done b2b so for us it is one trip to the departure port and all 1 big cruise.

She said 5 credits each cruise. Al

Lucky girl!!! :eek: She should count her blessings :D

I know. She doesn't realize what we need to do to get there.

She was in concierge every night before dinner with her dh and even had the coupon book LOL

Good for her...but why not me LOL

If we do we'll keep our next cruise which is a b2b both in JSs granting an additional 5 credits each. 8 and 12 nighters.

She said 5 credits each cruise. Al

That's your interpretation.

I read it as in each person or each per JS cabin on the two b2b cruises.

Anyway the same poster stated their wording was confusing and clarified it in response to your first post about this, so what is your point?

That's your interpretation.

I read it as in each person or each per JS cabin on the two b2b cruises.

Anyway the same poster stated their wording was confusing and clarified it in response to your first post about this, so what is your point?

So whats your point

Is it just a rumor about Royal Caribbean changing the number of cruise

credits to become a diamond member in late 2009 or is it, in fact, true?

I am a platinum level and have 8 credits and was hoping to reach diamond in 2010.

Archived