Sailng out of Jacksonville, Fla

marco

We are planning a cruise sailing out of Jax. Have not sailed out of Jax previously. How far is the airport? How much (approx) is a cab? Is there shuttle service either through the line (Carnival) or not? How much?

...we drove to the port so I'm guessing on this.

The cab ride should be about 15 dollars or so. About 6-7 miles I would guess.

Had to go to the airport while In Jacksonville. Saw a sign for Carnival shuttle, in addition to "independent" shuttle services. Do not know what they cost.

Do not take a shuttle they are a real rip off. We went to of Jacksonville this past April took a shuttle from the hotel, there were six of us. the hotel told us the kids (one 13 one 14) were free and the adults were $20 each. then when the guy got there he said 10 and under for the kids being free. It was not a very long ride and we ended up spending $120. Took a cab back to the airport after the cruise which was farther then the hotel. All six of us in one van it was about $20 with the tip. I even asked at the taxi stand at the airport when we arrived she said it was a flat rate to the port. Don't go with that find a real cab to take you.

We went out of Jax a few weeks ago, stayed at the holiday inn, by the airport, and there was a shuttle to take you to the pier. Our room was, i believe, around $94 for the night, and that included the shuttle service, and leaving your car at the hotel. A lot easier to us that driving our car to the pier.

Archived