Margaritaville

mikenna

Hi all,

Will be arriving Gran Turk next Month on HAL's Eurodam. Plan to just spend the day relaxing and hanging out at Margaritaville enjoying the pool and beach there. Can anyone tell me, is Margaritaville the only place to get lunch there? Is the food decent? Any other options within walking distance? Thanks!

I believe that there was another place to get something to eat within the shops complex in addition to Margaritaville. The food there is okay, but it is more the marketing and atmosphere that makes it so fun! ;) The prices are high, but my DD and I were just talking last weekend about how much fun we had at the swim up bar! Have fun!

We are just back from our cruise and the set up at MV is great. A beach and a huge pool. They have waiters to serve drinks and food pool side or you can have table service. I was there with a gruop of 9 and we all loved the food (and drinks)! It is walking distance to the ships if you don't want food at MV you can walk back to your ship and eat lunch there.

No need to leave. All the shopping is also right there.

Enjoy you day on Grand Turk!

The food prices at margaritaville are not cheap but the food looked okay. We ate a big breakfast before we left the ship and then we just spent money on margaritas for $8 each. They are very strong but good, if you drank three you would be trashed. We went back to the ship which is really close and ate:D our cheeseburgers at the pool side grill and they were great and free!!! might I also suggest putting some guacomole from the poolside taco bar on you cheeseburger for free on the ship docked next to paradise. Be careful of the sun there. I had a v-neck tshirt on and got burned so bad in the margaritaville pool that day I have a permanent superman shield burned onto my chest...lotion up!!

The DJ at margaritaville is really good. The beach right out front is also free and beautiful..do both.

Word of warning, We were leaving Cancun and had a long wait at lunchtime. We went to MV

at the airport. We had one last Maguarita, in a 6 oz plastic cup, a hamburger and a salad.

The bill was over $50 US. Which we thought was a rip off. I don't know if they are all priced the same.

Yes, the MV at the Cancun airport is pricey, but boy there is nothing like the guys who go around with the fresh guacamole carts there. The last 2 years we've hit the place for a last cocktail and fresh guacamole.

I have never been to a MV but heard that they are cool. Is is a place that you can take the fam to a spend most of the day at. Looking for something to do in Grand Turk that will keep the kids happy without having to venture too far.

is margaritaville appropriate for small children? like 4?

The entire pool is only waist deep so that is good for kids. The part that may not be the greatest is the drinking/smoking and DJ commentary. I think that varies depending on the type of cruisers that are there. There was one loud mouth lady with a glass in one hand and a cigarette in the other in the pool. Would be pretty nasty to swim on broken glass.

Another plus though is that the pool is big with different areas. I would go to the opposite side with kids away from the swim up bar and DJ. There are lots on loungers on all sides. If it gets too loud for your kids the beach is right outside and you can just walk out for some beach time and swim in the ocean. Easy to go back to the ship too for lunch/naps etc.

I think they should enjoy it & best of all it is free.

I think it is fine for kids. I was there with my son (8yrs. old) last year and he stayed in the area of the pool facing the flow rider, where most of the kids were. They had a great time watching people wipe out on the Flowrider. The pool is huge, and the dj and swim up bar were way down on the other side.

Hi all,

Will be arriving Gran Turk next Month on HAL's Eurodam. Plan to just spend the day relaxing and hanging out at Margaritaville enjoying the pool and beach there. Can anyone tell me, is Margaritaville the only place to get lunch there? Is the food decent? Any other options within walking distance? Thanks!

This ship is within walking distance and a good option if you ask me. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me how much it cost to rent a cabana @ the pool area? Also how many people does it hold?

The cabanas were all lost in the hurricane last year. They are planning on rebuilding them but it looks like work hasn't started yet.

• 1 month later...
We are going in June, and reserved a cabana. The cost is $99. I'm wondering if it's easy to get from the cabana area to the beach.

Mona

How did you reserve the cabana? I can't find a number or e-mail address.:confused:

Archived