Disappointed

beach410

I may have missed it... but did the legend for the cabin itself have a star or a cross indicating that it had a sofa? They use a generic pic for the staterooms, but not all balcony cabins have a sofa, I've had one of a few ships that didn't have one.. I think it is more important to pay attention to the deckplan/legend than the picture... not all cabins are created equal. But it sounds like you are saying the legend indicated one upper only, and a couch? That is definitely a problem... I would be upset too.

No, when I booked they still had the old deck plan, no star or cross, one dot, so after changing my booking, I found the new deck plan on a totally different page, not on the booking page, depicting the balcony, but it still only had one upper, that is what made me call Carnival in the first place to find out where that 4th person was sleeping.

I'm not making excuses for anyone.........Carnival is displaying the wrong info on their website......

It's not the first time lol!

Once again, anybody can go online and look up a website that hasn't been updated.

However a competitive and well-trained TA or PVP will know where to find the most up-to-date and accurate information.

As I said before, What's the purpose of using a TA or PVP who can't provide you anything more than what you can find yourself online?

I'm not saying that Carnival is off the hook by displaying erroneous information on their website. The point that I'm trying to make is that a professional TA should know to go beyond the displayed information and look up the most accurate information and pass it on to their guests.

If you check different travel websites, you'll see several discrepancies between the information that they have posted (different categories, different itineraries, etc). It all depends on how quickly these websites are updated.

For example, I check an interline website to find out the latest airline employee rates. It consistently lists 5A categories on Fantasy class ships as cabins that can accomodate 3-4 people (which they don't). It also lists itineraries that haven't been updated (for example, it was still showing the Holiday sailing from Mobile after it retires on 11/09). If I didn't know any better, or if I talked to someone who wasn't familiar with the changes, I could've been trying to book a 5A for three people on the Holiday, only to be dissapointed later on when I found out that all this information wasn't accurate. That's why I stick with a travel professional who has shown me over the years that she knows exactly what she's selling me...

Once again, anybody can go online and look up a website that hasn't been updated.

However a competitive and well-trained TA or PVP will know where to find the most up-to-date and accurate information.

As I said before, What's the purpose of using a TA or PVP who can't provide you anything more than what you can find yourself online?

I'm not saying that Carnival is off the hook by displaying erroneous information on their website. The point that I'm trying to make is that a professional TA should know to go beyond the displayed information and look up the most accurate information and pass it on to their guests.

LOL! The op and the TA went right to the source.......Carnival.

Per her post below CARNIVAL was confused also........

So you see they did go beyond the displayed info....but the source was even confused........

This situation is unique because those cabins are not even built yet..........if Carnival is going to advertise them now it is their responsibility to display the correct cabins and make sure their employees are knowlegeable enough to give out the correct information.

as I said before, myself and Seamiles TA spoke to Carnival on 4 seperate occasions and they were a bit confused as well as to how exactly this room was laid out.

The first woman at CARNIVAL I spoke with had to confer with several others in the office and this was her response "Well, it certainly is confusing, and I dont know why the deck plan only shows one upper, it is indeed wrong, but I have discussed this with a few others here and we all seem to agree, there are two uppers...", then I call Seamiles, an agent calls Carnival and states "She was wrong, the room is one upper and one rollaway, not two uppers...."....then the next day I call Carnival again and this person agrees with the first person and Seamiles calls back and they also agree, but finally switches my room back.

So as you can see, Carnival isnt always on the ball either

I give up. You don't understand what I'm trying to say, or you're refuting just for fun....:rolleyes::)

Per her post below CARNIVAL was confused also........

So you see they did go beyond the displayed info....but the source was even confused........

This situation is unique because those cabins are not even built yet..........if Carnival is going to advertise them now it is their responsibility to display the correct cabins and make sure their employees are knowlegeable enough to give out the correct information.

Hooray! Thank you soo much for understanding, but you have been understanding without all the extra explaining right from the getco, I thought I maybe I was typing in a different language or something.:rolleyes:

Hooray! Thank you soo much for understanding, but you have been understanding without all the extra explaining right from the getco, I thought I maybe I was typing in a different language or something.:rolleyes:

Although as frustrating as it is explaining your situation on cc:p I am glad you did because any one of us could have been in your same situation.

Now at least the ones that read your thread are aware of the situation and will help them in booking those new cabins.......

I'm glad you didn't have to pay more considering you booked with the early savers program to get it straightened out. Sounds like your TA handled it well.......:)

Thanks again for the heads up....

We cruised once in a room on RCC with 4 people...me hubby and two sons. Had a room with two uppers.

It worked out ok. I wanted the kids in teh room with us...so we were willing to sacrifice the king bed.

But realize this doesnt mean no intimacy... On the very first day when we met our room steward, he said...Just leave me a note, or call the number any time you want the beds togehter during the day and I'll have it ready for you...and back for the kids at nighttime.

Also, hubby and i snuggle on the sofa at home..so curling up together on the twin bed, wasn't a problem either.

I mean...the beds just have to be seperate at nite when the uppers are lowered...and all 4 of you are sleeping.

A professional travel agent who books cruises' date=' has been in the business a while, who has actually been on a cruise ship, sailed on one, went on ship inspections would be up-to-date on all information....she would make it part of her business to do so.

This is not a Carnival issue; this is a travel agent issue. You should be on her to make this right.[/quote']

..... my disclaimer to you is since these cabins are still being added to the Sensation for the first time (the ship is still in dry dock), of course the TA would not have been in one yet.

Sounds like it is a special cabin if the twins dont move together, as most twins can be moved together, even if the cabin is a quad.

However a competitive and well-trained TA or PVP will know where to find the most up-to-date and accurate information..

ditto my comments to G'ma. You never once mention the fact that no one has sailed in these balcony cabins which are just now being added in dry dock. Who other than Carnival should this TA be able to find the new information from??

Why are you blaming the TA for getting the wrong info from Carnival when they tried to find out about this new category of cabins? I think many posters are awfully quick to point fingers at TAs without knowing facts.

For instance if I post that my TA now charges to change bookings or cancel, I often get 3 unsoliticed posts telling me to change TAs, but they fail to bother finding out why I use the TA. (the TA discounts more than the $50 to change, I believe its 10% of the cruise part of the fare).

We cruised once in a room on RCC with 4 people...me hubby and two sons. Had a room with two uppers.

It worked out ok. I wanted the kids in teh room with us...so we were willing to sacrifice the king bed.

But realize this doesnt mean no intimacy... On the very first day when we met our room steward, he said...Just leave me a note, or call the number any time you want the beds togehter during the day and I'll have it ready for you...and back for the kids at nighttime.

Also, hubby and i snuggle on the sofa at home..so curling up together on the twin bed, wasn't a problem either.

I mean...the beds just have to be seperate at nite when the uppers are lowered...and all 4 of you are sleeping.

I wouldnt need them together anytime but at night and I thought about making it work, we shared a twin before we moved in together, however, I enjoy being able to be next to DH while sleeping, having him close and waking up and snuggling, its not worth sacrificing for the balcony.

None of the above, two uppers and two lowers that can be made into a king. I didnt book and OV because it seems like they give you one upper and a roll away, the room is much more cramped like this. We prefer two uppers when we have an option, even though we bump our head quite often getting out of bed.

There is no excuse for CCL not having the correct room info.

There is no excuse for my car being built so rainwater runs right down the trans dipstick into the transmission.

There is no excuse for the pharmacy mis filling my wife's Rx.

There is no excuse for drive thru windows being universally known as "the MISTAKE window!"

There is no excuse for people not giving a damn about what they do, [or don't]

Unless you accept today's blanket disclaimer, "It wasn't my fault."

Its our world today!

Dan

Archived