Where is she going?

mickmobo

Royal Caribbean pulling Serenade of the Seas from Alaska...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20090127/ap_tr_ge/travel_brief_cruise_lines_alaska;_ylt=AjqoLJF_GinzAQNTCDXur_Os0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFkYW45cXU5BHBvcwMxODEEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl90cmF2ZWwEc2xrA3JveWFsY2FyaWJiZQ--

Sorry -- I see it was posted earlier. Things roll of the front page quick!

I was onboard Serenade a couple of weeks back. They were leaving flyers in the cabins talking about new alternating South Caribbean itineraries. My bet is permanently in the Caribbean for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't gripe if they shifted her to Ft Lauderdale though. SJU hurts when it comes to airfare.

I was onboard Serenade a couple of weeks back. They were leaving flyers in the cabins talking about new alternating South Caribbean itineraries. My bet is permanently in the Caribbean for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't gripe if they shifted her to Ft Lauderdale though. SJU hurts when it comes to airfare.

We've sailed the current So. Carib itinerary 4 times (we were on Summit when you were on Serenade 2 weeks ago, can't wait to come back to Serenade), and are sailing one of the 2 new itineraries next January. We hope to do the other one the following January, so we certainly hope they don't change it! And since we have to fly regardless, and we love sailing out of San Juan, we don't want to see her move to FL.

My vote would be for Galveston. Year-round. :cool:

Any ship would be great for Galveston! Texas is the 3rd most populated state in the U.S! (Behind New York, and California), and yet, Florida has the most cruise ships in the U.S. for the summer, and Galveston has none!

List of Summer Cruise ships 2009:

Florida: (Lower Population) 5 RCCL Ships. :( 2 Freedom Class ships, 2 Sovereign Class ships, and Enchantment OTS.

Texas: (Higher Population) 0 RCCL Ships. :mad: No Royal Caribbean ships!!!

Any ship would be great for Galveston! Texas is the 3rd most populated state in the U.S! (Behind New York, and California), and yet, Florida has the most cruise ships in the U.S. for the summer, and Galveston has none!

List of Summer Cruise ships 2009:

Florida: (Lower Population) 5 RCCL Ships. :( 2 Freedom Class ships, 2 Sovereign Class ships, and Enchantment OTS.

Texas: (Higher Population) 0 RCCL Ships. :mad: No Royal Caribbean ships!!!

Florida quicker access to more of the Caribbean....Texas not...

That said, it would be wise to have a ship here year round, even if its a split season like with VOTS. Perhaps a smaller ship for Summer and the bigger ship for Winter...we only have two seasons here ya know!

Florida quicker access to more of the Caribbean....Texas not...

That said, it would be wise to have a ship here year round, even if its a split season like with VOTS. Perhaps a smaller ship for Summer and the bigger ship for Winter...we only have two seasons here ya know!

I think they should have an Itinerary alternating between 6 & 8 night cruises. The 6 night itinerary going to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. (that 7 night itinerary used to have 4 ports of call, so I know the 6 night itinerary can handle 3 ports of call.) The 8 night itinerary going to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. (if the 7 night itinerary can handle 3 ports of call, then an extra day in the itinerary can handle an extra port.) If they had an itinerary like that though, then the ship would NOT depart from Galveston every Sunday. I know Independence OTS has an itinerary alternating 6 & 8 nights from Ft. Lauderdale.

I think they should have an Itinerary alternating between 6 & 8 night cruises. The 6 night itinerary going to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. (that 7 night itinerary used to have 4 ports of call, so I know the 6 night itinerary can handle 3 ports of call.) The 8 night itinerary going to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. (if the 7 night itinerary can handle 3 ports of call, then an extra day in the itinerary can handle an extra port.) If they had an itinerary like that though, then the ship would NOT depart from Galveston every Sunday. I know Independence OTS has an itinerary alternating 6 & 8 nights from Ft. Lauderdale.

There's already a Radiance class ships doing a 6/8 night alternating itinerary. And please do not waste her on the standard, boring ports. Southern Carib ports are far more interesting - check out her winter schedule coming up for next year - one week is St. Maarten, Tortola, Antigua, Grenada, St. Lucia. The other itinerary is St. Croix, St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Kitts, Barbados. Far more interesting than Jamaica, Labadee, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Costa Maya....

There's already a Radiance class ships doing a 6/8 night alternating itinerary. And please do not waste her on the standard, boring ports. Southern Carib ports are far more interesting - check out her winter schedule coming up for next year - one week is St. Maarten, Tortola, Antigua, Grenada, St. Lucia. The other itinerary is St. Croix, St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Kitts, Barbados. Far more interesting than Jamaica, Labadee, Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Costa Maya....

Maybe they should have 14 night cruises from Galveston to reach all those Eastern / Southern Caribbean ports?

10 day out of Fort Lauderdale to the southern Carib would be nice :)

I agree that at least an 8, 9 or 10 day from any Florida port to the S Caribbean would be great. We have done two cruises out of SJ and I would be glad to have two extra sea days instead of flying in and out of SJ.

I don't care if the departure port is FLL, Miami or another port I would just like to explore more of the S Caribbean without traveling to SJ to do it.

Archived