? regarding purchasing excursions onboard...

MamaParrotHead

I'm going to have a substantial OBC waiting for me upon embarkation. I plan on booking one excursion through Carnival. If I book onboard, that will come off my OBC, right? Versus having to pay with a CC if I book online before we go? And if so, does anyone know if there's a limit on the number of excursions they sell to the Tabayana Beach Break in Roatan (would I maybe not get to go if I wait to book)? Thanks.

They always hold back a certain number of spots for each excursion for onboard booking. Believe it or not, not EVERYONE pre-books on the computer!!! If it's something your really MUST do, either book as soon as you board, or do it in advance....just in case. I'm sure you'll spend that OBC someway!

You will LOVE Tabayana Beach - if you haven't been there already. Make sure you have your camera ready on the ride over - there are some beautiful photos to be had from the top of the hills. Second, try to get on the 1st excursion...we had the beach almost to ourselves for the first couple of hours and our pick of beach chairs. We went to the right as you approach the beach and got under some palm trees. As the day progressed, some crafts people set up a few tables with their wares...got some good deals (hammocks for $15 etc.)

You can return back to the ship at your leisure, and I love that!

I wouldn't worry about it. I was actually a little surprised at how many people waited till they got on board to book excursions. I had the same dilemma on my last cruise. I had a ton of OBC and wanted to use it on an excursion. I ended up booking it the morning of the port and had no problems. You can also just try to do it on your TV as soon as you get on board or just wait for the shore excursion desk to open up and be there early.

I did the Tabyana Beach Break in Roatan last October. They will get as many buses as they need to get people over there. They also let you go back at different times so you could stay as long as you wanted to. It was a good excursion. You drive up and over the mountains and the bus will stop at some scenic overlooks that are just beautiful. The beach itself is really nice. They have a couple shops there, a bar and deck, and a small buffet if you want to eat. Also the beach is on the end of the West Bay. You can just walk down the beach and see some small hotels, beach bars, etc. It is really old type Caribbean. There are not any big hotels, etc. There is some neat exposed coral near the area that you get on and off the bus at. Just watch out because it is SHARP. Have fun, I would go back there anytime.

Just back from the Valor, and we went to West Bay on our own. There are TONS of beach chairs, all lined up in rows. About 3 rows deep, and at least 30 across. They did not have any umbrellas. Please just note that for the price that Carnival wants - $36 - you can do the same thing on your own for $20 for the taxi ride roundtrip, and 5-7 for a chair. We went to Banarama which is a couple of resorts down from Tabyana. Security guards were posted to keep away the vendors and they had waiter service.

Archived