Alaska - Early May - First Timers.

travel_lover

We were there in early May 2003 and it was VERY cold. The temp never got out of the 40s and there was a strong wind making it feel much colder. We lucked out, though, and had sunshine the whole time. Definitely dress in layers.

Denali was still closed for us too, but I think we were able to do everything else except see the salmon run.

I'd say the must do is a helicopter glacier trip. You can't imagine the beauty until you see it up close. We also enjoyed the White Pass RR in Skagway.

We were there in early May 2003 and it was VERY cold. The temp never got out of the 40s and there was a strong wind making it feel much colder. We lucked out, though, and had sunshine the whole time. Definitely dress in layers.

Denali was still closed for us too, but I think we were able to do everything else except see the salmon run.

I'd say the must do is a helicopter glacier trip. You can't imagine the beauty until you see it up close. We also enjoyed the White Pass RR in Skagway.

Yikes..I just shivered reading that!!!

The helicopter must be really nice.

Thanks for your feedback. :D

That's really cool! $6 is not bad either....Thank you for posting this, I appreciate it!

Might want to check out some of the review(s) first.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/444650055.htm

It seems a Wonder Bread baggie will do the same thing.

Always thankful for posts that are "money savers" but sometimes "you get what you pay for".

The gallon zip lock baggie idea seems like a better plan IMHO

Might want to check out some of the review(s) first.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/444650055.htm

It seems a Wonder Bread baggie will do the same thing.

Always thankful for posts that are "money savers" but sometimes "you get what you pay for".

The gallon zip lock baggie idea seems like a better plan IMHO

lol we will surely have to do our homework before we purchase anything. thank you!

A wonderful book that details what you will see as we leave Seattle up the coast is The Alaska Cruise Handbook by Joe Upton. Ordered it from Amazon and it has a terrific map of the ships routes out of both Vancouver or Seattle. Also, both Fodor and Frommer's have Alaska Cruise books for 2009. Get ready to be hooked on Alaska - no matter when you go. It gets in your blood! Our family will also be on the May 10 trip. Seven adults.

B. Cole

A wonderful book that details what you will see as we leave Seattle up the coast is The Alaska Cruise Handbook by Joe Upton. Ordered it from Amazon and it has a terrific map of the ships routes out of both Vancouver or Seattle. Also, both Fodor and Frommer's have Alaska Cruise books for 2009. Get ready to be hooked on Alaska - no matter when you go. It gets in your blood! Our family will also be on the May 10 trip. Seven adults.

B. Cole

I know the cold will not be a deal once i'm surrounded by all that beauty. I will check into those books, thank you. I also rented dvds from Blockbuster just looks beautiful. Oh really, what Cruise Ship will you be on?

Archived