ARCADIA in SYDNEY - HOTEL ADVICE PLEASE

murdo7

We are Joining the Arcadia in Sydney for her journey back to Southampton in FEB 2009.

We arrive in Sydney on the Indian Pacific train from Perth.

Does anyone know of suitable hotel for boarding the ship? - we will be in Sydney for 3 days frior to departure and I will have to manage the OH suitcases!!! All 6 of them plus my own meager backpack.

Any advice on this logistic problem?

Murdo :confused:and Judi:D

I am not 100% sure where the cruise terminal is in Sydney. From looking at google it looks like its at Circular Quay which is right next to "The Rocks" we stayed at The Holiday Inn on the rocks which is very very nice, (not your typical holiday Inn at all). Its only a very short walk from their to Circular Quay. The public transport is very good in Sydney (or it was when I was there) so you should be fine no matter where you decide to stay. I would advise checking out the trip advisor website for hotels.

Chris

We stayed in the Shangri-la which was wonderful. Our room looked over the harbour and our ship came in over night - first thing we saw when we woke up in the morning, it was magical. We also had such a good view of the harbour and bridge we used room service instead of trying to to find a restaurant as good! We took an inexpensive taxi to the harbour which was close, walking distance but too much with luggage.

Looks like Circular Quay is where Arcadia will be docking. The hotels mentioned above look good but a bit expensive...... there are 3 of us.

any others round the area that anywone can recomend.:)

All the hotels in that area are quite pricey, its just like getting a hotel in London. We did loads of searching before we went and the Holiday Inn was the best value on The Rocks. There are some slightly cheaper ones in Darling Harbour but that mean a longer journey to the cruise terminal and not really worth it. Just go on all the internet hotel room sites and search for the best deal. Aus taxis will be similar to taxis in the UK as far a cases are concerned.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Arcadia is leaving from Circular Quay.

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

When we were in Sydney, we stayed at Darling harbour.

Yes , we did get a taxi to the port, although I know someone who used the ferry!

The following site is international & we used it for our hotel booking, as I thought their prices were very competative:

http://www.hotelclub.net

Archived