Anchorage Hotels

JohnR49er

I've stayed "mid-town" at Spring Hills Suites (Marriott brand), Fairfield Inn (Marriott brand) and Holiday Inn Express. All were clean and well maintained, provided breakfast, flexible about early check-in and late check-out. Close to airport (free shuttles) but you will need a car to see any of the Anchorage sites including downtown.

A significant factor- will you have a car??? And what are you planning on doing in Anchorage?? A car is necessary for me. With a car, I have far more lodging options. I greatly prefer B&B's and there are many excellent ones in Anchorage. The location of the HOJO is ok, not more than several blocks to most of the downtown attractions.

If you are going before June 1st or after Sept 1st, the Hawthorne Suites in reasonable, 3*, with breakfast and free shuttle. Got a price of about $79 per nite, doubles in peak time. Have stayed there four or five nights total over two trips as we came in and out of Anc on way to denali, Seward or Homer. Also have used BnB as BQ says and that was nice also.

Thanks for the replies. We have a whole day and are thinking about being close enough to do a nice walking tour, with stops for our thirst.

Close enough where??? It is a huge interesting city that has far more than just the downtown attractions. Best is to have a car. Request their visitor guide - included is a downtown walking tour map. http://www.anchorage.net

Try the Voyager Hotel on 5th and K Street. It is a small hotel, large rooms, convenient downtown location, nice staff. My wife and I have stayed there on three occasions. We are planning a trip for June 2005. I asked my wife where she would like to stay -- without hesitation, it is the Voyager. Their website is www.voyagerhotel.com. (I'll probably be sorry for posting this -- I think it is one of Anchorage's best kept secrets).

Archived