Celebrity Meridian

Does anyone know whatever happened to the Celebrity Meridian? My wife and I met for the first time on her back in 1995. We went back together (as an engaged couple) back in 1996 and have been hooked to cruising ever since (Celebrity only! ;)). She was an old ship at the time, much older now :D, but we loved her! We have an obvious attachment to that ship, but looking in recent cruise ship-review books, I have been unable to find her. I heard that she was sold right around the last time we sailed on her.

Does anyone know whatever happened to this wonderful ship? I fear it was scrapped but I just don't know.

Thanks a-bunch!

-Guilliam

Does anyone know whatever happened to the Celebrity Meridian? My wife and I met for the first time on her back in 1995. We went back together (as an engaged couple) back in 1996 and have been hooked to cruising ever since (Celebrity only! ;)). She was an old ship at the time, much older now :D, but we loved her! We have an obvious attachment to that ship, but looking in recent cruise ship-review books, I have been unable to find her. I heard that she was sold right around the last time we sailed on her.

Does anyone know whatever happened to this wonderful ship? I fear it was scrapped but I just don't know.

Thanks a-bunch!

-Guilliam

Try this site and go to the Celebrity pages:

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/

• 2 years later...

I sailed her around the world from Genoa in 1977 when she was the Galileo - what a grand trip and little did I know how close she was to the end of her early career as an Italian flagship passenger liner. Grand itinerary: Genoa, Naples, Suez; Dijbouti; Mombasa; Durban; Freemantle; Melbourne; Sydney; Aucklan, Noumea, Papaeete, Acapulco, Panama, Curacao and back to Genoa. Anyone else remember the bon vivant Asst. purser Alessandro Talemo-Lamberti? When we passed her resting place as a dive site off Penang, I tossed out the Joker from my pack of Lloyd Triestino Galileo Galilei playing cards and hoped it floated back to her new home at the bottom of the sea.

Archived