Who here prefers aft balcony cabins?

vossjemi

I had one on RC Brilliance of the Seas and absolutely loved it. The balcony was larger than normal and it seemed like there was a lot more privacy back there. That being said I just booked one on the Dream next Jan and am hoping to have a similar experience. I was lucky to snag one when we went w/RC as one just opened up about 10 months before that cruise. The aft cabins tended to go first, and I had to check almost every day for a cancellation. So, I was surprised that there were several to choose from on Carnival...although it is a year away I guess. Just wondered if others love them as much as I do.

me, me, me, me!!!!!!!! I'm aft balcony spoiled, even worse, I'm 9A (aft-wrap) balcony spoiled when we can afford it. :D

Had our first aft balcony end of December on Princess and I thought it was great. About to become Cat 11 aft wrap spoiled on the Miracle in about 2 1/2 weeks... :D

Our last four cruises have been aft....it is hard to imagine going back to a side balcony...I love watching the wake, love watching out last port disappear from view, the sunrise, the sunset.....the parties we host :D

We absolutely love an aft balcony (but not during summer in the Caribbean). We love watching and listening to the wake. We love the extra room. The forced exercise walking to the stateroom is a good thing! We tend not to cruise during summer anyway, but would avoid the aft balconies in warmer weather because you get less airflow / breeze.

I had one on RC Brilliance of the Seas and absolutely loved it. The balcony was larger than normal and it seemed like there was a lot more privacy back there. That being said I just booked one on the Dream next Jan and am hoping to have a similar experience. I was lucky to snag one when we went w/RC as one just opened up about 10 months before that cruise. The aft cabins tended to go first, and I had to check almost every day for a cancellation. So, I was surprised that there were several to choose from on Carnival...although it is a year away I guess. Just wondered if others love them as much as I do.

I've "eyed" the aft cabins - especially after reading so many positive things about them here....but have never invested.

In December, my brother and his wife in Tucson joined me on the Triumph for a wonderful week on this lovely vessel. They were upgraded to an aft balcony when the price on their cruise kept going down! :p (It's a good thing.) They initially had a balcony towards aft on Upper. I opted to keep my Lido balcony and took OBC instead.....(guess that will be hard to come by anymore, huh?). Anyway, they were in #7424 on Empress.

We spent many hours on that great balcony. I loved the panoramic view, the spaciousness, the quiet. He had arranged a bar setup prior to cruising and we used room service generously. We enjoyed the "bonding" time. He's a friendly guy and quickly made friends with the "next door neighbors" in the wrap around 7422.

Here's my take on it.

I found the wrap around cabin to be great! Spacious inside and the balcony is wonderful....love the idea of having an aft and side view. BUT, my brother's cabin was too small. A lot was sacrificed for that large balcony. There was no sofa in the cabin; only 2 chairs and a table. There wasn't enough room (for my tastes) between the bed and the bulkhead with the large window. I didn't like the layout at all. I also didn't care for the lack of privacy; the dividers were slanted which meant that people in the neighboring cabins could clearly see into your own. In addition, those in aft balconies above had a view, too.

He and his wife enjoyed it...it was their first cruise. But, I wouldn't pay the price for it. It seemed too cramped...which is probably just a "perspective" observation.

I would take a wrap but - only as an upgrade; wouldn't pay the price for it. I like the balconies on the sides...smaller and more private....without sacrificing interior space and layout. Perhaps some of the newer vessels have larger afts, I don't know....but wouldn't take the chance.

Just my opinion, understand. I mostly cruise solo and love the regular balcony cabin layouts and privacy.

We had a wraparound aft balcony when we sailed on the Legend and it's one of the reasons we're sailing with Carnival again. (this time on the Miracle) As soon as my husband heard that there were still two suites with wraparound balconies available for the time we wanted to travel we decided to book one. I love the ocean, so I could stare at that wake all day and we also felt that balcony was a nice way to get away from the crowds if the pool area became too crowded. I'm really looking forward to it again.

WE had the aft wrap-around on the Valor and could stand by our door and see into ALL of the aft balconies (on the true back of the ship.) They couldn't see into ours, though, if we were sitting in the middle. All I thought during this cruise was that these people had NO privacy whatsover.

We just returned from our January cruise on the Liberty and experienced our first 9A wrap on Veranda Deck. It was wonderful and indeed spoiled us for future cruises. We normally book a cat 11 but now the aft large balcony and beautiful view has sucked us in. We do have suites on the future Fascination and Miracle cruises but have booked another 9A wrap (stateroom #8473) on our next January Dream cruise.:)

Hey copvet, we'll be 8 aft too. We didn't do the wrap around...THEY WERE ALL TAKEN! I'm hoping the regular aft will be large enough and have enough privacy. I was on a side balcony on RC Navigator and we could see around to the balconies on either side of us, as well as those below us...so I'm thinking that it all depends on the type of divider used between cabins as to balcony privacy.

Oh yes we prefer the balcony...morning coffe or mimosa overlooking the caribean.Going on our 1st 3 nite and will be in a oceanview do to price.Let you know if we go withdrawal on a short cruise..:DOh and the nites cool but warm and the stars ohhh I'm missing the balcony already:(

My DH and I have been spoiled with the aft wraparounds on the spirit class ships. The balcony and cabin is amazing (although expensive). When we can afford it we take the plunge.

Our only privacy issue seems to be from the cabin next door. People seem curious about the huge balcony and constantly peek around the barrier to see what it looks like.

So much for joining the balcony club.;)

Had the 9A wrap around for the first time last June on the Valor - we're booked again for this June, same cabin. The balcony is the absolute greatest!

My daughter and I really enjoyed standing on the balcony leaving/entering ports of call.

Plus, just sitting out there at night and watching the water . . . unbelievably relaxing and beautiful.

Loved it in the morning as well. Grab some coffee, sit on the balcony, aahhhh - I am truly on vacation!

Had our first aft balcony end of December on Princess and I thought it was great. About to become Cat 11 aft wrap spoiled on the Miracle in about 2 1/2 weeks... :D

Gargoyle... I am Lisa... we are on your sailing... we are in cat 11 aft wrap... give us a wave!!!!!

Archived