Who here prefers aft balcony cabins?

vossjemi

Started with 6264 aft on the Miracle... Led to 8455 on the Liberty, 8448 on the Freedom (both 9A aft/wraps), JS 1100 on the Jewel of the Seas, and our next sailing is a Cat 11 aft/wrap on the Legend..!:)

After that, center/aft 9174 on the 15 day transatlantic on the NCL Jewel in 2010!:p

Yep, guess you could say we're hooked...:D;)

We just got off of the Miracle on Jan.16th and the aft cabin was the best ! (we were in #4232) It was our first balcony and now I'm afraid I'm hooked on them. And I'm also afraid I could possibly be hooked on aft balconies. Uh-oh.

If a balcony is available without having to book a suite then I will always take it. We had a side balcony on the Valor and I enjoyed it. I am on the Victory in March and have a regular aft-balcony. For our 8 day Freedom cruise in October I splurged and got a deck 6 aft wrap. We have four days at sea so I figured if I was going to spend the money on a aft wrap balcony then that would be a good time to do it.

However, I will go elsewhere depending on the cruise. We are sneaking in a 5 day Fascination cruise in June. I really want to see HMC, but the cruise is mainly just a short get away (we can drive to Jacksonville easily). Therefore I just took the Early Saver rate and booked a 5A port hole cabin. i had an oceanview cabin on her in December and that was fine. I did miss my balcony, but I can deal with it.

We've had a side balcony before (extended one, thankfully) on the Legend and now we've booked an aft balcony on the Valor for 3/22/09. I'm really looking forward to it, I've heard so many great things about them. Hope everyone here is right - we're sick of the darn snow and ice storms and are ready for a nice feet up, drinking Rum Runners sunset watching vacation in our aft cabin!!!

Always book a balcony and have always wanted to try the aft. So, last year I snagged an aft balcony at a wonderful price (for 2010) before they recategorized them. It is now out of my price range so hopefully I will love it but still be able to go back to a side balcony. I love watching the wake on the ship so I know this balcony is gonna be the best one yet.

me, me, me, me!!!!!!!! I'm aft balcony spoiled, even worse, I'm 9A (aft-wrap) balcony spoiled when we can afford it. :D

do you have ny pics of your warp balcony? we just booked one for Dec 09 and I can't seem to find any good pics.

I had one on RC Brilliance of the Seas and absolutely loved it. The balcony was larger than normal and it seemed like there was a lot more privacy back there. That being said I just booked one on the Dream next Jan and am hoping to have a similar experience. I was lucky to snag one when we went w/RC as one just opened up about 10 months before that cruise. The aft cabins tended to go first, and I had to check almost every day for a cancellation. So, I was surprised that there were several to choose from on Carnival...although it is a year away I guess. Just wondered if others love them as much as I do.

We too love the balcony. If you can always afford it then I say do it. I have to say though, I will not allow not being able to afford it effect whether or not I will book a particular cruise. My rule of thumb is, 7 days or longer a balcony, less then 7, the best cabin for the price. Sometimes they offer such a good price on an inside or outside cabin on the shorter cruises that it will allow us to book when we would not otherwise be able, whereas the balcony is still outside what we can afford at the time. I would rather cruise 2 or 3 times a year on a 5 day with an inside cabin than once a year on a 7 day with a balcony cabin. But thats just me.:)

We just got off of the Miracle on Jan.16th and the aft cabin was the best ! (we were in #4232) It was our first balcony and now I'm afraid I'm hooked on them. And I'm also afraid I could possibly be hooked on aft balconies. Uh-oh.

We will be in 4230 aft extended balcony in June. How big is the actual balcony? I heard there is a cover over these rooms....I guess floor above....is that true?

We had an aft balcony on Legend ONCE. I hated it, no privacy, the people above can look down at you on your balcony, noisy with with wake and hardly ever shady.

I love to sit quietly on my balcony and read and drink my coffee in the mornings, in my pj's. On the aft I was self conscious from the people above us, and then if you go to the railing to look out, when you look down all you see are the heads of people below you.

It wasn't for us, although there is a huge fan club of Aft cruisers, this was just a different point of view.

I love the lapping waves against the side of the ship, not seeing your neighbors till your dressed and ready. And we really prefer to have a couch in our room, I agree with G'ma that the room was definately smaller, the balcony bigger but only a little more and that is outward , not to the side.

Happy cruising!!

Carole

Guess one has to be less sensitive to neighbors.... :p The 'afts' are definitely ones where the neighboring cabin occupants can look into your balcony, if they so chose.. Those above and below, can also see you.. (not the entire balcony), but...:o The 9A's on the Conquest class and the Cat 11 wraps on the Spirit class... just walk to the corner, and no one can see you...!! Unless they really want to...:eek:

Our 'aft' cabin on the NCL Jewel is the same as any side cabin, as the 'aft' of the ship is FLAT!..

Not slanted like a CCL ship... Kinda' neat..:) Looking forward to the experience..

DW and I... We just love to grab a pot of coffee in the AM, go out with the Capers and say "HI" to our cabin neighbors as a nice way to start our day.. :D Just my 'view'...

We'll be finding out about the back aft balconies in June. Does anyone have a good picture of an aft balcony that's not a wrap? I can't seam to find any good pics that'll show me just how much room's out there. Some of the pictures make me wonder if the poster was standing inside or out...

Archived